PotChimp's Side Projects

Those are remarkable. Have you changed up your nutes? Chicken poop? Sumpin's workin' right.

I switched to this stuff:

It's a lot cheaper than FF granulars and it seems to work better. I'll be smoking some of the first weed I've grown with it soon (Chocolope; X-Mas Bud). I've got a feeling the taste is going to be improved, also. :yummy:

Doc was recommending that before he found the Lab. I used some in an early mineralized soil and it worked well for me, too.

The Lab is the scientist types that developed the High Brix gardening method. Doc was researching mineralized soils and ran across them and it was perfect for cannabis, so ... that's where it came from. Before that we were trying out a simple mix of added minerals - gypsum, lime and ... ? forgot the other one.

Anyway the chicken poo was mild enough and didn't have any wrong nutes in excess - better than cow or horse or pig, for instance.

As a bonafide laboratory test monkey, the Lab sounds right up my alley! Reminds me of the Prepurration H experiments I took part in years ago. I was the test monkey they used for Prepurration D, and you guys better be glad they didn't stop there! Now if I wear a pair of Rangler Jeans that got a W on each back pocket and I bend over, it says WOW..... :straightface:

I've got six of these Mendocino Purple Kush clones in this tent, three I just started and three that are about this far along:

I think I have at least one more in my other tent :cheesygrinsmiley:
I don't think I've ever taken pics of the fourth Headbanger f2 plant I have. I'll have to remember to pull the pot they're in out of the tent to take one (it's under the other three and hard to see). Here's the other three:

The clone I have of this Raspberry Cough is over a foot tall; I just repotted it today. I'm glad I got a clone, too:

I usually don't let clones grow all the way into full sized plants, but I think I'm gonna start. This Apollo 13 f2 I've been regenerating for over a year now seems to be blooming out more normally:

I've got about three or four of those going, too. :lot-o-toke:

Here's the other two I got going (I can't get good color in the pics of the plants in back of the tent, so I took a pic of one of the lower buds on the second plant):

Here's my other two MPKs. They look thicker than the ones I'm doing under the 315w CMH, which is why my 600w HPS is staying for now*):

Nevil's Haze:

*Between the savings on my electric bill and the cooler temps in the Summer, I'm thinking of replacing this 600w HPS with a 315w CMH next year (even though I know I'll pay the price in yield, and Haze dominant plants won't flower as well).

Chimp you should really take a look at QB boards from HLG. I'm really digging mine. IMO 300 watts running 3 - 288 v2 boards is a good little fixture. I'm running couple of those. Do a diy kit and save some dough. They are dimmable and bright AF. Think about it before you drop cash for another light. They are worth a look. Best thing is almost no heat from them :headbanger: On a side note checkout these Ting buds
IMG_20191210_211758604.jpg

I just got some Nevills Haze seeds well they haven't made it here yet but I ordered them and I am looking forward to growing them out. Looking Great Chimp Lots of frost on those nugs

The first time I grew Nevil's Haze it was from Greenhouse Seed Company. That plant hermied just going into the 8th week of bloom. This one I'm doing now doesn't have that uncontrollable stretch even though it gets pretty tall.
I'm looking forward to seeing what these NH x Apollo 13 f2 seeds I made grow into.

Chimpa Choppa Chunga!!!!! :goof:
Growing it in chicken crap gave this one a deeper smell and it leans a little towards chocolate due to the smell being more earthy (Chocolope):

This one is one of the last plants I did with FF's granulars. It smells mildly of burning rubber with a slight onion or garlic in the background, a smell most would be repelled by, unless of course they were a pothead like me :battingeyelashes: (Raspberry Cough):

I might get close to an ounce from each, but it's my fault for growing too many plants at once; only the tops grew halfway decent due to the overcrowding.

:thanks: These ones are next (Headbanger f2s) :headbanger:

I've been giving these plenty of Budswel along with the chicken $hit (Apollo 13 f2s)

Mendocino Purple Kush (I must have spelled that J-u-s-h like three times in a row I'm smoking some of it right now; glad I'm not spelling something with the letter..... God damn it! Where's the Hell's the..... oh, there it is..... spelling something with the letter z in it) :D

Thanks. Color is coming out on the leaf margins with this run. I'll try to get a better pic up when I can.
I think I'll make a compost tea from that chicken $hit today. The recipe on the bag says to just let it set for 24 hours, but I think I'll use a bubbler and add a little mycos and molasses; maybe worm castings. It works really well on outside plants, so I don't expect any difference with weed.

Good shit...

It's going to be a high nitro tea,,, maybe a scoop of bat crap if ya got some on hand.... I've gone over to soft rock phosphate myself over the guanos. Bat crap can attract gnats.

Hope alls good mister @PotChimp plants look pretty damn frosty..

I'll probably leave out the earthworm castings, then (1-0-0). This chicken $hit has enough N (2-4-3).
These other two Mendocino Purple Kush plants growing under a 600w HPS are thicker, but not as colorful it seems :hmmmm:

Anywhere near this air cooled reflector and all of my plants show signs of heat stress. This is one of my Apollo 13 f2 plants grown from seed:

It looks just as good if not better than the one I've been keeping:

The last Apollo 13 f2 grown from seed I have doesn't look impressive:

I'll take a look at the middle nugs later and get a better idea.
Nevil's Haze:

Monster:

Two offbeat Jack the Ripper x Grand Daddy Purple phenos from my accidental pollination:

:cough:

Wow if I get a chance later I'll reset my camera; I was trying to use the macro setting and a tripod last night to take bud pics and forgot to reset to a normal mode. Sorry; the automatic image focus function on my PC software didn't work right.

Back
Top Bottom