PotChimp's Tangerine Dream Soilless

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What strains? (3) Tangerine Dream (fem); (2) Auto Big Bang (fem)

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? TD - 50% Indica, 50% Sativa; ABB - 80% Indica, 10% Sativa, 10% Ruderalis.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seedling/Veg.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or Hydro? Soilless mix.

If soil... what is in your mix? Sunshine Mix #4 Advanced.

If soil... What size pot? 1-1/2 gal.

Size of light? 200 watt Feliz blue spectrum mogul-base CFL for seedling/veg; 250 watt (35,000 lumen) HPS for flowering.

Is it aircooled? Passive airflow.

Temp of Room/cab? 73 - 81 degrees

RH of Room/cab? 40 - 60%

PH of media or res? 6.2

Any Pests ? No

How often are you watering? 2-3 times/week

Type and strength of ferts used: after 3 weeks without anything : Blue Planet Farmer's Pride - full strength minus the mykies (Soilless mix already has them); MegaGro foliar spray, and Cal-Mag.

001713.JPG

This pic was taken yesterday. I planted 5 TDs and 3 came up, which seems to be average according to what I've read. I tried to germ a Super Lemon Haze fem, but it pooped out as soon as it busted the soil and shed its little helmet. I didn't have anything in my collection that had the same flowering time and height, so I decided to use these ABB freebs (I've grown it before and it was pretty decent smoke). I am bubbling up nutes with a little unsulfered molasses for the TDs, which I will be giving them in a day or two. I've heard nothing but bad so far about the Tangerine Nightmare strain. We'll see.....
:peace:

I've had decent luck with TD - grew a monster in my Waterfarm earlier this year and pulled 15+ oz from one plant. Be prepared for a stretchy, looong flowering period. Mine went close to 6 months, seed to harvest. Lots of foxtailing buds - my plant started out looking fairly indica dominant but ended up probably heavier on the sativa side...airy buds, but lots of 'em!

Good luck! let me know if you want a link to my TD journal (on a dif forum)

I've had decent luck with TD - grew a monster in my Waterfarm earlier this year and pulled 15+ oz from one plant. Be prepared for a stretchy, looong flowering period. Mine went close to 6 months, seed to harvest. Lots of foxtailing buds - my plant started out looking fairly indica dominant but ended up probably heavier on the sativa side...airy buds, but lots of 'em!

Good luck! let me know if you want a link to my TD journal (on a dif forum)

Thanks, Dayzt. Six months whoa. Wonder if I use the no mercy light schedule to cut a few calendar pages out of this grow. I'm not out for yield, just to go through a lot of strains in as short of a time frame as possible to find my favorites.

I gave the TDs a first dose of nutes today and foliar fed with MegaGro. They are a paler green so it needs it. The ABBs are still in seedling stage, so I will leave them alone for now. I am using the GLS lighting schedule as an experiment; if the plants do poorly I will switch over to the standard 18/6 veg - 12/12 flowering.

Nice - good luck! I was going to try the gaslight cycle this past grow but ended up going back to the std 18/6, 12/12... interested to see how you make out!

Thanks Dayzt.
Tangerine Dream : Day 26 from seed - Auto Big Bang : Day 8 from seed
007549.JPG

The three TDs :
009463.JPG
013313.JPG
01190.JPG

I only started GLS a few days ago. I've never grown TD before but I've got a few other 6 week old plant pics to compare these to when the time comes. The 2 Autos won't see their best under this schedule, but they are only a space filler and a little extra doobage anyway. I'll :morenutes: them again in a few days.

Tangerine Dream : Day 32 from seed
Auto Big Bang : Day 14 from seed
DSCF0284.JPG
DSCF02862.JPG
DSCF02922.JPG
DSCF02904.JPG
DSCF02881.JPG

I gave all of the plants week 5 of the BP Farmer's Pride schedule for nutes this morning and Mega-Gro foliar sprayed them too. We'll see what happens with the autos; I gave them a lot of water to dilute the nutes to be safe. They're all not as bushy as my last grows under this lamp at this age, but I really didn't like that anyway. Plus, I've never grown TD before; got a feeling I'm going to get sacked in the end zone.....
:)

Looks like you have one real good TD the others are just behind it...:thumb: My auto started real slow for me too, but I doubt I'll ever get another..

Thanks, Sisco. This lighting method could open a third grow area for me if it works well :) What I'm going to do is harvest my PEs, switch the 250 watt HPS in that closet over to my grow tent (I'm in about the second week of flowering four Sativas in it under a 300 watt CFL in it), and put my two 150 watt HPS in the closet as replacements. I'll put these TDs and ABBs in there using GLM, keep flowering the Sativas GLM too, and start a Lowryder #1 crop under the 200 watt blue spectrum CFL in my veg area (20/4 to veg), switching to the 300 watt red spectrum CFL for flowering (changing to GLM). A few more grow rooms and I'll be able to keep a chimp high..... :lot-o-toke:

Well, I've got the flowering closet cleaned and vacuumed out from my last harvest. I hung the two 150 watt HPS lights up, but I am waiting for the light cycle at 9:00 tonight to get pics of the TDs and ABBs before I switch them to the flowering closet. I'll keep using the gas light method under the new lights until I see signs of sexing, then go to 11/13. I'll also need to watch temps for an hour or two to see if I have to adjust the fan speed. My hope is to keep it low without the room getting too hot, but I doubt it with two ballasts running. I am continuing with the BP Farmer's Pride nute program on schedule. At every other watering it seems to be twice a week. It's taken 1/2 gallon every feeding, but the plants are large enough now that they need a full gallon for all five pots. The ABBs aren't that big yet, but are starting to shoot up. I'll post pics later.

very nice plants. What do you spray them with? Is that your secret to your healthy leaves lol

Thanks everybody. I spray with a mixture of Mega-Gro (a kelp based foliar product) and distilled water about twice a week. Then I follow up with a light distilled water mist. I think the healthy leaves are from the blue spectrum high wattage CFL and the top of the line mediums and nutes I use. They droop heavy from water weight when they're young so I might add a little dishsoap to the Mega-Gro spray to break the surface resistance of the water so I don't have to spray them as much. Looking forward to seeing the first signs of sexing so I can do the 11/13 switch. It'll be interesting to see how the autos respond to the gas light method flowering times.

Back
Top Bottom