PotChimp's Tangerine Dream Soilless

I haven't grown-out a cannabis plant from seed in many years. I cut more than I'll need and cull the runt(s), or keep a 'runt' under 24-7 light for a replacement donor plant.
I'll consider ruderalis hybrids when/if I successfully micropropagate.

If I grew only for my own personal needs, this grow could be an ideal model: Roadrunner 126 Watt LED Via DWC

Thanks for the link, Propa Gator. A beautiful setup and results. I was thinking of trying DWC as my first experiment in equipment technique. I really need to focus first on my problem-solving skills (as far as disease, pests, soil, and nutrient problem diagnosis); in these last two grows I have seen my shortcomings. I can practice and experiment with pruning and training technique as I do that. With all hydroponic systems it seems to me like problems happen and affect the plant fast, and my horseshoes and hand grenades approach to plant health care is going to result in instant failure. Soil is pretty forgiving to a beginner such as myself.

Oh, by the way I did another experiment, and I'm guessing that Lowryder #1 plants produce approximately 1/3 to 1/2 of the weight in bud that they would produce under the 18/6 cycle and about 1/3 to 1/4 of the weight that they would have under the recommended 20/4 (this is in a 2' x 3' x 2' grow chamber with a 200 watt blue spectrum CFL for veg and a 300 watt red spectrum CFL for flower). I'll do two follow-up experiments keeping everything similar over the next few months with 18/6 and 20/4.
:peace:

Tangerine Dream
Flowering : Week 7
006582.JPG
001757.JPG
003746.JPG

I gave these the last week of the Farmer's Pride schedule three days ago and have watered once since. As soon as the soil dries I'll give another 70% dose.

Looking nice an healthy potchimp. I dont reckon they be done in 2 week though bro, see where they are at then. Remember nevilles a5 haze is nearly a pure haze and g13 is also haze. you looking at 10-12 weeks done properly.

I have grew haze plants most of my grows as I love haze and its never around my ends. But what i've found is when you think they are nearly done at 8week, they do like another flower throwing out foxtails out of your colas, they show haze buds are coming to the end. I wouldn't crop till you at least see them fu***rs. Or unless your trics tel you first. But IMO be patient with haze, they'l reward you with big long colas if you do.

Looking nice an healthy potchimp. I dont reckon they be done in 2 week though bro, see where they are at then. Remember nevilles a5 haze is nearly a pure haze and g13 is also haze. you looking at 10-12 weeks done properly.

I have grew haze plants most of my grows as I love haze and its never around my ends. But what i've found is when you think they are nearly done at 8week, they do like another flower throwing out foxtails out of your colas, they show haze buds are coming to the end. I wouldn't crop till you at least see them fu***rs. Or unless your trics tel you first. But IMO be patient with haze, they'l reward you with big long colas if you do.

Thanks again for the info, JBC420. Another 2 weeks and they will be at 10 weeks, but I'll be patient and wait a few more, unless the trichomes on all of the buds are 100% milky (maybe even a few ambers). The plants don't seem to be taking up water or nutes at this point, but it could be something else. I'm thinking temps because I'm having problems with an original Flo plant, and my Grandaddy Purple grow seems to be off to a slightly slow start (concrete floor in the Winter). Going to pick up a few seed germination mats today to help them and maybe the additional heat from below will help these TDs start taking up water again (Ph's seem okay all around, and the seedlings are in a neutral mix).

Tangerine Dream - Flowering (8 weeks and 3 days)
Left side (sorry 'bout the crappy shot)
010461.JPG

Right side
011406.JPG

Kind of a downward shot
008532.JPG

An airy looking bud :)
009491.JPG

Mighty skimpy pickin's up under here.....
007583.JPG

With the exception of a Lowryder #1 yield comparison grow I want to do under
a set of duplicated conditions, that's the end of the soil and back to soilless for me. See that yellow flypaper sheet?
005681.JPG

With the exception of the dirt-covered end that's in the 3 gallon pot, the rest of those black specks are gnats. I smoked one that stuck to a bud before and it popped when I took a toke but other than being funny I didn't get a buzz off it so they have to go and that's all there is about it.....
:peace:, everybody.

EEEzay Potchimp, haha that knat story made us laugh man haa. They looking nice bro at 8 week, keep them suckers pumping trics!! Like the chimp taking pics lol cool. I'l get mine up today at 33days flower nearly 5 weeks, but I had an iron deff remember so it stunted the first 2 week. sorry i'l put this on mine.
Keep up the good work potchimp bruv!!

EEEzay Potchimp, haha that knat story made us laugh man haa. They looking nice bro at 8 week, keep them suckers pumping trics!! Like the chimp taking pics lol cool. I'l get mine up today at 33days flower nearly 5 weeks, but I had an iron deff remember so it stunted the first 2 week. sorry i'l put this on mine.
Keep up the good work potchimp bruv!!

Your plants look more like someone that knows what they are doing grew them. Hell, the ONLY correct diagnosis I've made so far is a low rootball temp on my Flo plant. Luckily the giants whose shoulders I'm standing on did their work well, and by using their technology and knowledge I run into very few problems that I HAVE to diagnose. Keep up the good work, JBC420!:welldone:

Your plants look more like someone that knows what they are doing grew them. Hell, the ONLY correct diagnosis I've made so far is a low rootball temp on my Flo plant. Luckily the giants whose shoulders I'm standing on did their work well, and by using their technology and knowledge I run into very few problems that I HAVE to diagnose. Keep up the good work, JBC420!:welldone:

Ha Cheers mate, but don't be so modest your setup is really nice and clean and that sea of green looks awesome now! Does it smell really tangerine fruity? mine does out smelling the pineapple.
Crop time coming along for you in the not too far future. Just got the new pics of mine up today, check out the TD bro.:Namaste:

Ha Cheers mate, but don't be so modest your setup is really nice and clean and that sea of green looks awesome now! Does it smell really tangerine fruity? mine does out smelling the pineapple.
Crop time coming along for you in the not too far future. Just got the new pics of mine up today, check out the TD bro.:Namaste:

It's to the point where when I check on my GDP seedlings underneath at lights off I can slightly smell them, JBC420. If I rub the trim leaves near a bud when I check on them at lights on it really smells. It's the first strain I've grown that smells like what the name is. At least it smells like some type of orange rinded zest. Beats the one I grew that smelled like somebody farted in a box of Froot Loops. Or the one that smelled like somebody was trying to cure their athelete's foot by rubbing an apple on their toes. The Raspberry Cough I smoked up quick smelled like a rotten onion sprayed lightly with Lysol for some reason. Hell, I don't care if it smells like burnt orangutan a$$ and tastes like stagnant swamp water, if it gets me stoned I'll smoke it..... :)
Hope these TDs do!
(get me stoned that is, not smell like burnt a$$)

hahahaaaaaa your a funny guy man, its half 8 in morn just goin work, haha made me laugh in the morning.
Yeah man mine is more of an orange smell tbh.

For these last few weeks here, I'm going to get another seedling warmer mat for these. Underneath directly mounted to the shelf these sit on is the mogul-base CFL for my seedlings, which keeps the rootballs warm as it runs during the day while the TDs are in their dark period. I thought that the heat from the lights for the TDs when the lighting cycles alternate would be enough to keep that temp up through the day, but the heat isn't getting down that far. I have been looking at these plants and they seem to have slowed to a halt. Again, grow bags cold to the touch. I think that it will help.
Post more pics soon.

I put the seed mat in yesterday. Magnified, it seems as if the turning from clear to opaque of the trichomes has halted at 5-10%. I'm not sure if Haze strains are like this, or it stopped because of the low root temps. I'll see in a few days I reckons.....
When I sum this grow up, you can all feel free to pelt the chimp with mangoes because I did a crap job here. 50 watts/sq.' for a plant that's mostly Haze, didn't top it, cold root temps, smash-a-fence SCROG.....
I'll be bustin' my own nuts on this one for a while.

Hey potchimp, Dont beat yourself up bro the grow looks fine. I seem to get that in grows during flower, some weeks they dont really seem to change, but then the next day, BOOM !! they massive. Also I get that with haze coz I love growing perfume weed, They do a big boost near the end. Yours seems to be doing it now, they are throwing out foxtails and they fatten in the last week to fat buds.

All will pick up now with the heat mat you'l notice it. How is your humidity because mine was high so I got a dehumidifier in to dry it out and the smell has gone insane since and they growing faster.

Are you flushing at the min or something because they seem a bit yellow.

Artists are their own worst critics, JBC420. You're talking to a chimp that gets up every morning, looks in the mirror and says to the empty silhouette where a human being once stood, "You know, other than being dead and feeding some animal in the woods with your flesh or being buried afterward and breaking down into compost to feed plants, you are nothing. You would have to spend the rest of your misbegotten, unnecessary life constantly working on self-improvement just to work your way up to the level of being meaningless. Brush your teeth, comb your hair and go fill God's heart with another 24 hours of disgust. And when you can no longer do so because you have grown old and weary do everyone a favor and go somewhere to die alone. You are a genetic mistake negative to the well being of all mankind, and you have no place in this world".
I'm thinking that these plants are doing what the rest of my plants have been doing JBC420; not taking in water or nutes because of the cold root temps (hence the yellowing). I stopped nutes previously and because the plant hasn't been taking up water I haven't been able to flush or add any more. After the heated seed mat the pots are finally starting to dry at what appears to be a close to normal rate. They've been affected too severely at a crucial time in flowering to do much more than they've done already, in my opinion.
My best Jacob Marley impression : Learn from my mistakes, JBC420! Don't grow TDs like me! Pay heed before it's too late! :)
(next to Lev Tolstoy, Dickens is probably the best writer there ever was)

Back
Top Bottom