PotChimp's unstable cross grow w/ Bubba Kush

What strains are they? (3) GDP x GDP (both parents reg seeds), (3) 818 Headband x GDP (parents fem and reg seeds), (3) SLH x DJ Short's Blueberry (parents fem and reg seeds), (1) Bubba Kush - Katsu cut S1 (fem seed).

Are they Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Hybrids.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seeds germed on 04/24/2014 @ 11:00 a.m. using the paper towel method.

If in Veg... For how long? N/A.

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or Hydro? Soil.

If soil... what is in your mix? Roots Organics.

If soil... What size pot? Probably 2 gallon; yet to be decided.

Size of light?
-Seedling and veg: 200 watt Feliz blue spectrum mogul-based CFL (possibly GLR).
-Flowering: 400 watt Eye Hortilux HPS with 250/400 digital ballast (possibly DLR).

Is it aircooled? 4" inline 170 cfm fan (out); passive airflow (in).

Temp of Room/cab? around 81 degrees F.

RH of Room/cab? 48%

PH of media or res? Don't check it.

Any Pests ? Some gnats.

How often are you watering? I expect to water 2 times/week.

Type and strength of ferts used? Advanced Nutrients Iguana Grow and Bloom with AN organic supplements; Great White Shark mycos.

These are all seeds I tried to breed out before I read about protecting your work (Green's Breeding book) and realized that shaking one plant over another doesn't equal a perfect 50/50 cross of both parents. :) Just out of curiosity I want to see what comes of it. And I need another Bubba for an S1 thing I wanna do. I'll post pics as soon as the seedlings pop the soil.....

:peace:

Update: All 3 SLH x DJ Short Blueberry seeds are open, but the Bubba Kush Katsu cut S1 isn't. Only 1 of the 818 Headband x GDP seeds is open so far, and none of the GDP x GDP seeds opened. Paying big dough for seeds has me in the habit of being conservative with them, but I realized I have a bunch of them so I put a small palmful more of GDP x GDP and 818 Headband x GDP seeds in each paper towel. I'll get my 3 of each. The one I don't have another of is the S1 Bubba Kush. If it doesn't open I'm out of 50 bucks there. :( Oh well, I'll reorder those seeds later.

Note: I have 3 opened seeds of all of the above except the Bubba Kush Katsu cut S1, which I only planted 1 of. It didn't open so I tossed it and I put a second Bubba Kush seed (Pre '98 S1 by Verdant Green) directly into a 4" round peat pot (Roots Organics soil) to replace it. I also put the rest of the opened seeds into the same pots and soil. The GDP seeds are from a pheno that had less hairs than the other plant I pollinated (I did 2 GDP x GDP at the same time I did the 818 Headband x GDP). The beans were like coconuts; I had to slightly crack them with a pair of needlenose pliers to get them to open after the first ones didn't. But it's on!
Post pics as soon as there's something to post a pic of! :)

Note: I added another GDP x GDP seedling, making this an 11 plant grow. Only 2 of the GDP x GDP and the Pre '98 Bubba Kush seedlings are still under the soil; the rest are up. I'll post pics tomorrow if they pop. My Charlotte's Web grow is 11; that seems to be my # ;).

Can't see them well, but here's the first pic (good thing I decided to do another GDP because one looks weak):

010959.JPG

Another Journal! :cheesygrinsmiley:

wait :hmmmm:

another one I will poorly follow :straightface:

Just know, I always feel bad I have not followed better, still does not stop me from screwing up again :cheesygrinsmiley:

Another Journal! :cheesygrinsmiley:

wait :hmmmm:

another one I will poorly follow :straightface:

Just know, I always feel bad I have not followed better, still does not stop me from screwing up again :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hell I got 6 grows going on you can poorly follow if you want; I always enjoy the company ;)
Come to think of it, having so many of my own grows is the reason I follow other grows poorly..... :(

Update: I replaced both the Pre '98 and one of the 818 Headband x GDP seeds this morning. I put the 818 straight into the soil and I'm paper towel germinating the Pre '98. The Pre '98 opened but didn't grow, and the 818 that was weak died. These Bubbas have been giving me Hell on germing and reveg, so I'm going to be careful this time. I've got plenty of free 818 seeds if that one doesn't take again. Post more pics soon.

Damn I sure can call 'em. I had to replace the GDP seed I said looked bad too. It did the upside down U when it broke the soil, but the cotylendons never pulled out of the shell halves and they rotted inside of it. I precracked the seed I replaced it with. On the good news side, the Pre '98 opened and the 1/16" tail looks white and healthy. More pics soon.

This will be the last count for this grow. Of the initial seeds I germed on 4-24-14:

(2) 818 Headband (mother) x GDP (father)
(3) SLH (mother) x DJ Short's Blueberry (father)

Germed on 4-26-14:

(3) GDP (mother) x GDP (father)

Germed on 4-28-14:

(1) Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 (feminized)

Post pics soon.

The latest pic. They are at the 3 week mark (from germ) today, and as you can see by the light color of the leaves they are ready to be fed. The pots are a bit wet so I'll wait. The bottom 2 are the 818 Headband x GDP regs, the small one above it is the Pre '98 S1 fem, the 3 above it are the SLH x DJ Short's Blueberry regs (best looking ones so far), and the top 3 are the GDP x GDP regs:

0031730.JPG

Back
Top Bottom