Potential problem

Sgrey

I'm new to the site and I've tried looking everywhere to post this to the correct sub, but I was unable to find a section to post problems with plants so I figured I'd just submit my problem here and hope for the best. Without further adieu:

Hello there, I'm currently growing two Autoflower plants. My larger plant, which has thrived for all of its life has begun showing signs of yellowing of her fan leaves. The leaves are the original fan leaves from early in its life. This Wednesday It'll be 49 days from seed. Every other watering I introduce GH nutrients. This week I stopped the veggie formula and increased bloom, but kept the Macro at 2ml's. For approximately the last two and a half weeks I've introduced nutrients and a slow pace, and now they're both at full strength. Is this yellowing a natural occurrence? I've read that this is the plants way of cannibalizing itself to introduce more nutrients to the bud sites. The water I give the plants varies between 6-6.8. The first pic is my second plant, which has started to show signs of the first plant. Here's my set-up: 2 300 watt LED's, 3 tiers of soil: Happy Frog, FFOF, Kind soil, 2 3-gallon smart pots. My light schedule is 18/6, and the lights are roughly 7 inches from the top of each plant. Both of the plants are a hybrid of Blue Dream and Berry Ryder and are an Autoflower. Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.

20170305_110441.jpg

20170305_110433_1_.jpg

20170305_110426.jpg

Several things:
1) You're using king soil. Kind soil feeds the plant throughout the entire grow cycle. It was crafted specifically to give you girl/s all she needs. NO NUTES NEEDED!

2) I didn't see it in your post, but what's you ph? Do you PH the water before watering?

3) For how long they are in flowering?

My solution according to the info you gave and the pics:

Stop giving nutes immediately! And I'm quite certain you gave her too much nutes, combined with the Kind Soil feeding.

GreenProto's Blue Dream First Grow Journal - 2016

Do you not think that nutrients alone would do the trick? I have 3 weeks left or so before harvest. The vegetation in the middle looks green and lush too. Do you think I'd be able to get away W/O introducing EWC?

I desagree with the nutes issue. The leaves show a tiny bit of tip burn which is perfect. If it was to heavy on nutes all of the leaves would be doing the same thing. Nute burn does not effect a few leaves. When you switch to bloom nutes, you cut out nitrogen. It look exactly like a plant finishing and pulling nutes from fan leaves.

I desagree with the nutes issue. The leaves show a tiny bit of tip burn which is perfect. If it was to heavy on nutes all of the leaves would be doing the same thing. Nute burn does not effect a few leaves. When you switch to bloom nutes, you cut out nitrogen. It look exactly like a plant finishing and pulling nutes from fan leaves.
Seems like it.
I have no idea how, but I've missed the fact that he's already in flowering.
Yes, in a second thought it does look like the plant pulling nutes from leaves. I've had the same thing actually.

GreenProto's Blue Dream First Grow Journal - 2016

Back
Top Bottom