Potgoblin's Auto Blue Mystic CFL Stealth Grow 2012

i grow in a closet with 4 23watt daylight cfls
soil is black gold
nutes are foxfarm trio
nute once a week
the accident happened right about the 3 week mark and now shes bout 6 weeks old
it was a frrebie seed i got its pakistan ryder from world of seeds
shes only like 10 inches tall but about 20 wide.

as u can see in the pic she only made it to her 4th true leaf set then was accidentally decapitated so i only got to keep the bottom two nodes and made the best with wat happened

and no its not that high tech of a setup. just real simple: Light, Air, Food, and Love. thats all they need.

WOW! so i do have a good chance then :) that's some really amazing result! i'm not so worried at all any more, as soon as payday comes and i make my ona bucket my grow cab will be complete air flow will be increased the temp will drop slightly and she'l have a spot on place to grow just as long as i dont over do it and smother her with attention, thanks so much hashfiend you've been a big help!!! i'l just leave her to it and see how she goes :)

Looking at it doesnt hurt the plant.
Watering and feeding it all the time may hurt her.
Dont give her so many nutes and water. In fact with pre fertilized soil, when adding any nutes, keep it pretty low, usually 1/4 of normal dosis should be ok, sometimes eveb lower. If not sure you can stop giving nutes for at least a week.
And also young plants tend to grow faster having not too much moist in soil.
Good luck with getting her big, just do what she wants and she'll reach potential.

hey phdtje thanx for stoppin by :) shes only two weeks old so i think id better give her time to recover before i think about adding nutes again, and im going to be watering less, much less as well, hopefully me dialing back a bit will give her the right conditions :) i dont have a huge space but if she filled the cabinet id be very happy :) will just have to watch wait and see :peacetwo::thumb:

Awesome hashfiend thanx again :) just had a peak at her this mornin before she gets her 4 hours of dark n shes stood up better and im not sure but looks like the burning may have stopped, if it gets no worse over the next few days then the flush will have caught it :) she should start flowering in the next week to so hopefully she does well over the next week :thumb:

Ok so today is day 16 and i'v been payed so i decided to make my version of an ONA bucket to control odor, really simple i just bought 1meter of air ducting some cable ties and a 2 liter pop bottle, i secured the ducting over the exhaust fan cut the top off the pop bottle and cable tied that to the other end of the hose made 6 holes in the bottom and bingo bango done :) my ONA gel is on its way and when it gets here im just going to smear it all around the inside of the bottle and that should keep my room smelling daisy fresh :), also now iv removed the carbon sponge from over the fan ventilation has improved LOADS which can only be a good thing :), here's some pics
IMG01074-20120301-1144.jpg
IMG01075-20120301-1145.jpg

:peacetwo: guys

Quick thing, had to cut the end of the bottle off completely as the 6 holes just werent lettin enough air out and it was causing the temps to rise instead of what i wanted which was for them to fall, good thing is now that the temp has dropped down so its all good :)

Hey Potgoblin, so i read through all the posts on your thread, i love the setup, and i love how you're gonna go with the ona filter, i just read about it last night, (my ona get is on its way too :) but anyways, dont worry about the small problems you run into, just stick with it, you look like a creative and persistent person, and that's exactly what this hobby takes, with a little bit of patience :) I just recently started my first grow, i have 3 big bud feminized auto's coming up, (just in the last few month's i read about the autoflower plant and thought it was amazing, so i had to give it a try) my plants popped up out above soil on 2/11/12, so our babies are pretty close in age. As of today mine are 19 days old. Keep the pics and the questions coming. Also, keep up the good work:thumb:

Hey burton1291 cheers for having a look at my journal :) and well i was contemplating a carbon filter but i think it would be a bit of overkill for the size of my cabinet not to mention the ona filter is a hell of a lot cheaper lol iv definatly hit plenty of bumps in the road with the plant itself and the set up, today when i attached the ducting i didnt use enough gaffa tape and it pulled the fan off, when i cut off the tape to re-attach it i accidently snipped the wires to the exhaust fan lol so a bit of stress today indeed, i think il have less problems with my second grow as i dont have to build the cabinet all over again assuming that everythin holds up :) i chose the nervana autoflower strains as they stay small and flower quickly which i thought would be the best for the limited space i have, when iv got a bit more time il pop over to your profile n see what youve got goin on :) peace brotha!

Day 18 and shes looking better :) havent watered her since i flushed and she seems to be apreiciating the fact iv left her alone, the nute burn has all but stopped which is good hardly any more of her leaves are turning brown and crispy and new growth is doing well so i hope iv saved her :) heres some pics :)
IMG01094-20120303-1250.jpg
IMG01086-20120303-1248.jpg
IMG01087-20120303-1248.jpg
IMG01091-20120303-1249.jpg

the new growth on her is nice and green, she'll pull through. also, when your ona gel comes you should tell me how it works, cuz im growing in a small spot also, and i was almost thinking the 5 gallon bucket idea is a bit much for my space. Once you get that first grow under your belt your rest will go a lot better, to be honest i think the best part of growing (besides smoking the bud) is learning all the cool new shit from this site, and just from experimenting with your plants. keep up the good work man.:thumb:

i think she will which is awesome :), the ona gel hasnt come yet but shes still veggin so doesnt smell :) when i see signs of flowering il start using it then but the way iv set everything up i think it will manage ok. your right about this site to i think i would of killed her if i hadnt listened to the people on here :)

I like the way your soil looks now ,now shiny and wet:thumb: she's gonna do just fine, how much longer ya gonna veg her ? weeks i hope :goodluck:

yep not goin to water her until she asks for a drink lol, and well shes an autoflower so she "should" start showing female bits on her own but i think the burn may have knocked her back a bit, if she doesnt autoflower then im going to veg her the full length of the pot tie her down along the way then switch to flower and let her grow up towards the light :)

Not knowing enough about growing yet to give this advice but if it were me, I would remove the pieces of metal from my soil. Especially since the part stuck in the dirt is corroding. You could be leaching some things that could be harmful to your plants.

just done a little LST as shes looking much better :)
IMG01098-20120303-1830.jpg

IMG01101-20120303-1831.jpg

you can see in this pic the inside growth sprouting i'm hoping this will really bush out

cheers hashfiend it doesnt look like the nute burn has stopped her :)

and the metal is only a paperclip as her anchor and a tent peg for her support puffpuff i dont think they should have anything on them thats harmull, doesnt seem to be botherin her either :)

seems to me that you need more plants to play with..I've got 9 , and I'm still wanting to do more..to play with:morenutes:..I'm retired ,and it's cold outside,so it makes me wanna grow things.. I ordered some ,,nirvana, "URBAN POISON" yesterday.. :passitleft:

Pleased to hear you got the plant problem sorted.

With all looking well & on the road to recovery, i do like your LST traing method with the wires :thumb:

Just placed some Nirvana Blue Mystic (regular seed) into the curing jars today it has a lovely sweet, berryish smell to it & the smoke is smooth 'n' light to inhale :love:

Hey sfw88 thanks for stoppin by :) i would love to have more plants to play around with but i only have a very small space, room for one plant and thats it =[, so really im goin to learn everything from her as this is my first grow :p

Hey fuzzy duck, yep shes lookin a lot better, there is still some yellowing of the leaves so it doesnt look like i'v stopped it completely with the flushing but its certainly slowed it down, i dont think i need to flush again as shes on just pure rain water so that will help to wash it out bit by bit but not take all the nutes away from her, iv also been watering and messing with her a lot less which i think has shown in the new growth shes got :), and thanx! :), i just got some paperclips and some tent pegs for that lol works well :) just trying to get her to bush out a bit more now

Back
Top Bottom