Pots or table

10gal

I need to make a decision and i cant,

promix or hydro?

5x10 full of 7gal pots,
or a 4x8 table set up for ebb and flo

pfft..... no one wants to make this very important decision for me?

i really love tables,
but i think i could better use my 5x10 with pots of promix,

ive never grown in soil or soil less mixes before except for moms and my very first grow
is it much harder than hydro?
is the bud as good out of dirt as it is in rockwool and hydroton?

Generally the argument is that bud from a true living organic soil grow is better quality than hydro grown.

I do soilless, promix or Coco, and I'm happy with the quality. I'd like to play with some actual dirt plants outdoors at some point though.

I also use Sunshine #4 or Promix, but I add perlite and vermiculite, I usually go 3-10 days between watering/feedings, due to peats ability go hold onto h2o. Usually around 10 days after transplanting and 3 days or even 2 days between watering/feedings just before transplant or harvest. GH has been my usual nutrients but am switching to Remo to give it a try, when I run out of the GH I have. So have you made a decision on what to use?

no, but I think I might just go hydro
with peat i will have to set up a drip system anyway so I might as well go full hydro?

pfft..... no one wants to make this very important decision for me?

checkout coco or hempy while musing as well.

passive hydro examples. bit faster than the soilless mixes. quicker to fix problems, fewer overall.
i'm in hempy which is a super cheap media to run.

lots of waterings tho. ties you to the grow.

checkout coco or hempy while musing as well.

passive hydro examples. bit faster than the soilless mixes. quicker to fix problems, fewer overall.
i'm in hempy which is a super cheap media to run.

lots of waterings tho. ties you to the grow.

ya lots of hand watering is what i hate

I think hydro might be the way for me to go though,
just growing mothers in soil stresses me out not knowing the ec of the soil

It’s all how you make of it man! I really see you doing your homework on what method you choose. That’s great!

:thumb:
well ive done hydro in the past so i know what to expect a bit more I guess
Its a tough call, I go back and forth on it.

I think I need to read more on peat grows :/
and research auto watering systems a bit better

If you do decide to go the peat route, be aware the size of the pot should be increased with a longer flowering strain. Anything 7-9 weeks 3 gallon is fine(it will be 2 or 3 days between feedings near harvest time)(although I do not go lower then 4 gallon now), 5 gallon if your going 10 or 11 weeks and 7 gallon beyond that, unless you go pure sativa with a 14 week or longer flowering time, then I would recommend a 10 gallon container. All to help slow down the plant becoming root bound and needing water/feeding every 2 days. Peat would also benefit from a PH balanced flush around week 5, not mandatory but reduces the chance of a build up of nutrients in the medium. To do a week 5 flush run double the amount of PH balanced(5.8-6.5) water compared to the size of the container, as soon as the water drains out do a normal feeding of whatever strength nutrients you are scheduled to use.

My opinion is try something new, I started out with peat then tried soil, then DWC, dabbled with hydro tubes for a while but came back to peat because it is easier and has advantages over the others in my opinion. The methods I have not tried yet is growing in perlite or coco coir with ebb and flow and hempy, and possibly a few others that are not common at all. Having experience in other mediums will make you a better grower in the long run. Again this is just my opinion, I wish you prosperity with any decision you make, good luck.

ya lots of hand watering is what i hate

I think hydro might be the way for me to go though,
just growing mothers in soil stresses me out not knowing the ec of the soil
I've never measured the EC of soil. Have done pH in the lab, and chemical analysis to determine nutrient levels, but EC of soils is basically worthless, IMHO. Peat/perlite medias do not require much watering. I have large plants in 10 gallon pots, water once a week, and flush with full strength nutes once a week. My growing philosophy is KISS, and peat/perlite medias are simple to use. They are buffered enough to be forgiving with pH, and hold a lot of water, so maintenance is minimal. They are hydro medias, just like coco or fused clay.

Back
Top Bottom