Potting setup for outdoors

Canecutter

420 Member
I live in a hot climate and im growing purple kush. I know this plant thrives in cooler conditions and all my plants are autos. Would the white marble around the pots help keep the roots cooler?

Straw is a big help for heat and cold. A thick blanket of straw keeps the moisture in soil slowing evaporation big time. Do not make the mistake of using HEY. Hey does not allow the air flow like straw does. wrapping pots with white plastic or painting white will also help reflect heat. In really hot area like Yuma AZ we would build a 2x4 box bigger then the pot by a inch or two and paint it white and have the pot sit in the middle then have straw covering the top soil. You could dig a hole where the pot could sit below ground if you wanted to save money.

20210312_111942.jpg

The three gallon sits inside the 5 gallon with white marble linning the inner pot. Hopefully to keep the (soil pot) cooler?

The first plant I “grew” was in Tucson in my dad’s backyard. He had a lemon tree and an orange tree and they had the drip system set up to them. I put a couple bag seeds (juicy fruit) a few inches away from the drip and I moved out and got my first apartment.. lol. Two and a half months later my dad comes to my apartment like “ did you grow weed in my backyard?” I was like” idk did some grow?” I went over to his house and there was a 6 foot scrawny beautiful plant with two beautiful colas! My favorite grow so far! My dad is cool, he didn’t trip to much. He don’t smoke. He did admit it is a very pretty plant! I wish I had of gotten pictures!!!

I live in a hot climate and im growing purple kush. I know this plant thrives in cooler conditions and all my plants are autos. Would the white marble around the pots help keep the roots cooler?
That looks good CC. I'd think that should be a big help. My plants grow on a stone tiled balcony that gets very hot in the middle of Summer. Double potting is something that I would prefer but I don't simply because I don't want to draw any attention within my household that I am growing anything special. But I do as @CO Finest mentioned, use pea straw as a mulch layer which I feel really work great, and keeps the soil moist underneath and allows the worm in my soil to have a place to hang out, not to mention all the hundreds of little roots that grow into the area that without a mulch layer is pretty dead from it drying out. It works for me. Good luck.

Any limestone or marble are good at absorbing heat so with marble it should help. I would paint that black of gray pot white for sure.

Straw is a big help for heat and cold. A thick blanket of straw keeps the moisture in soil slowing evaporation big time. Do not make the mistake of using HEY. Hey does not allow the air flow like straw does. wrapping pots with white plastic or painting white will also help reflect heat. In really hot area like Yuma AZ we would build a 2x4 box bigger then the pot by a inch or two and paint it white and have the pot sit in the middle then have straw covering the top soil. You could dig a hole where the pot could sit below ground if you wanted to save money.
Hey whats up CO? :ciao:

Back
Top Bottom