Powder Mold during curing & drying -innovative alternatives & experiments

o2much4me

This thread is for innovative alternatives & experiments.​

Reading on another forum that a lot on the problem people have with Powder Mold at all stages of the cycle. Of course it is best to prevent this environmentally but it seems to be a big problem & usually removed from a curing bud by cutting it out & discarding.

Here is a really good link on Powder Mold M.M. posted back in 2008 Link -> How do I Recognize, Control, and Prevent Powdery Mildew?

Though I am unsure about using Malatox it mentions. Link -> Malatox aka Malathion

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reading about some experiments using molding drying buds with the following ideas.
*All below results are unknown

{It is best to discard all molded medicine but that isn't always what happens in the real world}

Never mist drying or curing medicine as this was what I read facilitated PM growth in otherwise healthy curing meds though maybe PM was possibly there and but not visible during flowering cycle
. With spores known, Now the med grower will have to be very diligent in preventing PM until a complete sanitization can be done.

[After cutting larger buds into small budlets to expose mold]
1. heavy misting or dipping the drying molding medicine with a solution of fresh squeezed lemon juice & distilled water 50/50 with a raised PH over 8.5 [this was in an effort to halt the growing and spreading mold, relocated then allowed to dry using a fan

2. Spraying and or dipping medicine in water with baking soda solution
[this was in an effort to halt the growing and spreading mold] relocated then allowed to dry using a fan

3. Spraying and or dipping medicine with a diluted Hydrogen Peroxide solution then rinse with distilled water. [this was in an effort to halt the growing and spreading mold] relocated then allowed to dry using a fan

Suggestions, comments and ideas requested on all these topics:

*No need to comment on discarding molded medicine as that is always recommended. This thread is for innovative alternatives & experiments.

Never donate Molded Medicine or smoke it. Cook with it. [emphasis added]

--Would Hygrozyme be helpful as a preventative of PM in this case where spores are known to be? Link -> Hygrozyme Horticultural Enzyme Formula

--Potassium Bicarbonate powder gets good reviews & Very inexpensive on Amazon.
"Collapses and desiccates the mildew hyphae. Very safe, very effective contact fungicide" Kaligreen and Armicarb100 are commercial brands (might have other ingredients like oils of some type and mild dish soap type additives [I am guessing ]

--Anyone know what type additives & amounts of (oils / soaps ) work good when added to Potassium Bicarbonate powder for prevention of PM? Any recipes to share?

--What stage should these Potassium Bicarbonate sprays be discontinued?

Back
Top Bottom