Powder Mold Help!

Vista760

If its not one thing its another......

I have powder mold on my outdoor OG plants and am already past the four week bloom period. I have heard of a milk spray to just stop it from spreading worse..any thoughts? What is the milk combination?

Does anyone have any better ideas? The buds are pretty close to done and I am worried the entire crop be at risk.

Re: Powder Mold Help!!

I'd suggest to take 8oz 2(HO) plus 24 oz ph balanced H2O in a 32oz spray bottle and start spraying *daily* - sprayed to the point where it collects drips. do this directly on and around all areas where you see the mold. do this every single day and if you wanted to you could spray the weak milk spray about 15 - 20 minutes after you do the peroxide spray

continue until its arrested & gone, and then for a few more days to be safe.

this exact method has helped me greatly in the past but of course your mileage may vary depending on severity.... milk solution as far as i know is like 1:10

best of luck man~

Thanks Toasted, is this just Hydrogen Peroxide I buy at the store (like super market) or is this a special blend I need to buy elsewhere?

Looks like at least 30% of 4 plants is affected. Mother F*cker! Is it a total loss if the powder mold is on there?

Thanks Toasted, is this just Hydrogen Peroxide I buy at the store (like super market) or is this a special blend I need to buy elsewhere?

Looks like at least 30% of 4 plants is affected. Mother F*cker! Is it a total loss if the powder mold is on there?

Yes,Vista the regular stuff you find at the store, get on it or you could go get some Serenade spray for it depnds on where you are but there are some OMRI approved items for this as well, best of luck man, OG

OG, the spray is knocking this mold off. Insane! Question is can the bud still be smoked? Im a lil sketchy since ive never dealt with this before.

I had PM and tried all kinds of "natural remedies" but none of the kitchen ingredient type things worked and I bought the commercial products too late. In my research and reading about PM I continuously read that Serenade, Green Cure, and SNS were all very common products that people had good success with and now I have them on hand (SNS and Serenade), use them in early veg and haven't had a problem since. They also are the most "safe" ones on the market, I hate when I hear of people spraying things like Eagle 20 on plants people consume. I tried the Milk/water foliars and it seemed to slow the spread of the PM, but never really got rid of it completely. PM is a systematic problem and is in your plants, stems, roots and all, and typically when you see it on the leaves, you have already had it for 2 or 3 weeks. From everything I read, it seems there is no complete Cure for PM and for the most part you are putting a band aid over the wound to make it through harvest. I also read that PM adjusts quickly to different sprays and will become resistant very easily so its best to use 2 or more approaches to kill the PM. Serenade has bacteria in it that attack the pm, copper sprays also are said to dry out the PM so it can't survive. I don't really have a solid solution to suggest but wanted to share what I read when I had PM, unfortunately it got the upper hand before I got the commercial products so my grow was pretty much worthless.

As for buds effected with PM, I tried the Jorge Cerventes technique of using a water/H2O2 solution to "wash" the buds. He said it will rid the PM from the leaves, I tried this and it did very little to wash any of the PM off, the buds tasted pretty bad and were very irritating to my throat when smoked. I threw away the entire harvest. Didn't want to use it for cooking or anything...

I hope you can tackle the issue, I would suggest if your plants leaves are overcrowded, maybe spacing out the branches for better airflow or even a mild defoliation to allow more airflow. Trim off any PM infected leaves or buds, they will only get worse. Best to do this after they have just been sprayed, water will help minimize the spores displacing. Also look around your grow area for any non cannabis plants that also may be covered in PM. If you find them, get rid of them..

Hope this helps.

vinegar and water spray 10 to 1 works great and does not hurt smoke.
spray right up to harvest:thumb: 10 water to 1 vinegar
used it last year works

OG, the spray is knocking this mold off. Insane! Question is can the bud still be smoked? Im a lil sketchy since ive never dealt with this before.

Glad to hear!

I would answer yes. The peroxide is literally nothing more than hydrogen plus oxygen. it *kills* the PM. How? hydrogen peroxide breaks down into H2O + O- or water plus an oxygen atom (aka a radical). this FREE RADICAL is what reacts with - or oxidizes - the mold (and many other types of fungus as well as multiple types of bacteria). the actual chemical reactions that take place interrupt the metabolism of the little bastards and they wind up dying off with regular application.

Now, I would not smoke bud that comes off a plant with an active PM problem ( because that's not the best for one's health inhaling an ACTIVE colony of fungus)... BUT smoking bud that -had- a PM problem earlier with no discernible traces is a totally different story.

to that point, i have smoked and even vap'd bud from plants that had shown small signs of PM earlier in their life cycle and could not tell any diff. from buds that came from a 100% clean plant. I'm sure others have diff. experiences for sure, but I can only go off my experience :)

keep us posted... it's always good to hear others' stories, methods & outcome!

what is the viniger water mix for powdery mildew/ Please help I am in flower 6 or 7th week.
The suggested ratio is given in msg 7 & 8 which are just above yours.

In my opinion the vinegar and water mix is not the best for Powdery Mildew. It seems to work way too slow, takes a lot of repeat doses and is better for spraying well ahead of before the mildew starts to show up.

On the other hand, there is Citric Acid crystals. This Citric Acid can be found in the canning and food preserving supplies section of many supermarkets and seems to work much better as either a preventative or to slow down and eventually kill the mildew if it is already starting to grow on the leaves.

@InTheShed brought up the use of Citric Acid in another thread earlier this month. This link below is to some basic info on using the citric acid and the ratio of the crystals to water. Read the msg that the link brings up and then the next 10 or so after that one....
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/thrips.512473/post-5519939

How bad is the mildew problem on your plants? A photograph might help with suggestions on the best way to go about reducing the problem, especially since you are in week 6 or 7 of flowering.

The suggested ratio is given in msg 7 & 8 which are just above yours.

In my opinion the vinegar and water mix is not the best for Powdery Mildew. It seems to work way too slow, takes a lot of repeat doses and is better for spraying well ahead of before the mildew starts to show up.

On the other hand, there is Citric Acid crystals. This Citric Acid can be found in the canning and food preserving supplies section of many supermarkets and seems to work much better as either a preventative or to slow down and eventually kill the mildew if it is already starting to grow on the leaves.

@InTheShed brought up the use of Citric Acid in another thread earlier this month. This link below is to some basic info on using the citric acid and the ratio of the crystals to water. Read the msg that the link brings up and then the next 10 or so after that one....
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/thrips.512473/post-5519939

How bad is the mildew problem on your plants? A photograph might help with suggestions on the best way to go about reducing the problem, especially since you are in week 6 or 7 of flowering.
I will add pics tomorrow as of all things it is raining here. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom