Powder Mold just before harvest

Greenenvy

Hello fellow 420 members. Great to be here as i am just harvesting my first crop and had a quick question that maybe someone who is a more seasoned grower can answer for me.

I never had to deal with powder mold my whole grow but this last week before harvest i noticed a very small amount developing on a few of the leaves. I harvest tomarrow and my question is. Will this mold spread after harvest while its drying. Im drying in a closet and really wont have any environmental issues while drying as far as temp , humidity ect. I Just don't want to ruin such a great grow experience with moldy buds if it spreads. what can i do to minimize risk?

Any feedback would great.
Thanks
Greenenvy
Cali Grown
:rollit:

Haven't had to deal with powder mold yet but I've read where sulfur works real well at stopping it. Sulphur pots I believe are what people are using that have a high humodity issue.

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated. I'm harvesting as we speak and I just trimmed the few leafs that had it anyways so hopefully I'll be in the clear. My next issue is I ended up harvesting to much bud for my closet and have to use a homemade dry box outta cardboard that I have placed in my shed outside. It's a fairly large box 3x3x3 but the shed is not insulated at all and am afraid humidity will be an issue. I'm strapped for cash for a dehumidifier so I'm going macgyver and hanging dry rice in homemade cheese cloth pouches and hanging them in my vented box to hopefully suck any moisture outta the small space. You think this might work ?

Back
Top Bottom