Powdery Appearance On Mature Autoflower Bud Leaves!

Seniorweeder

My little "Blueberry Autoflower" is at about 90 days old and to amazement based on what I read should have been ready to harvest a few weeks back butttttt, she still has some clear Trichomes and non are amber. Is that a strain thing maybe?

My bigger concern is some white powder looking stuff showing up last week or so, only on the small fan leaves on the bigger buds! It actually wipes off, is it a big deal or will I be ok if I still wait a week or so to harvest? She has been flushed twice so far preparing to harvest soon. I don't mind if she isn't perfect in maturity as long as I don't loose her to some kind of creepy mold or something! Thanks in advance guys!

Blu bud 2.jpg

Blu bud.jpg

Its PM Powdery mildew - get some Fungicide with sulfur in it.

Bonide makes a concentrate and a powder - wetable sulfur.

You need this and need it yesterday and a sprayer to spray it with.

PM like hot dry conditions. It will get worse FAST. Can treat with mild spray of peroxide and water to knock it back until you get the sulfur.

Thanks Bobrown14 and 013, how much peroxide to water, and do I just spray it all over the plant and let it dry? Or does it need to be rinsed off?

Also I am not worried about the plant being perfectly mature, that being said, would it be ok to just harvest it now, clean it off some how and trim all the powdery leaves off? I just don't want to loose this beauty after 3 months of baby sitting! Thanks friend!

I’m am merely a newbie here but I‘ve worked the faq boards for a year now to develop my skills and to help take pressure off of the real master growers here like Mr. Bobrown14 and countless others.…

The plant could be harvested now but you definitely need bud washing to kill off the nasties growing in the dense flowers and buds. However she will bulk up more if you can run her for another week to 10 days. I’m going to ask @bobrown14 to revisit and drop 25 + years of skill condensed down to a few sentences of wisdom!

I’m am merely a newbie here but I‘ve worked the faq boards for a year now to develop my skills and to help take pressure off of the real master growers here like Mr. Bobrown14 and countless others.…

The plant could be harvested now but you definitely need bud washing to kill off the nasties growing in the dense flowers and buds. However she will bulk up more if you can run her for another week to 10 days. I’m going to ask @bobrown14 to revisit and drop 25 + years of skill condensed down to a few sentences of wisdom!
Thanks sooooo much "013", im on pins and needles awaiting a fix to save my girl! I think I would rather just chop her today if theres a good way to clean her up and trim to save here and not take any chances by waiting!

If I’m not mistaken the bud wash will kill the spores but might need to bud wash with H2O2 to be safe. Anyway as mentioned I’ve never had pm so I would feel much better if someone with firsthand experience dropped the intel on this one. But don’t fret you’ve already got pm - she’s not going to die or anything right now. Give it an hour or two to see what else comes in

here is link Bud washing personally I don’t use the baking soda & lemon juice but to each their own

How about it @Bill284

We you can get the sulfur stuff I pointed to should be able to source that at you local box hardware store like Lowes or Homer.

For the peroxide rinse .... perroxide is usually 3% there are 7% mixes you can purchase but in the drug/food stores its usually 3% mix.

Here's the method:

Pour a quart of standard 3 percent-strength hydrogen peroxide--available from most drugstores--into a gallon-sized spray bottle. Add three quarts of water and shake the spray bottle to mix its contents thoroughly.

Cut off all the heavily infested leaves.

Spray the plant heavily daily or until you get the Bonide sulfur.

Powdery mildew is not harmful to hoo-man as its a plant fungus. It lives on plants not us. There are a very few people that are allergic, but very rare.

So you flowers will be safe for use. That said you should do do diligence to get rid of it as it can kill your plants and future plants. You will get it back again next plants if you dont treat with sulfur.

The wetable sulfur is good for your plants they will like it.

Also PM likes warm DRY conditions so rinsing off your plants wont hurt. Take em out side or in the shower and rinse. I'd do the peroxide spray 2 or 3 days then rinse.

Get the sulfur... its really the only thing that works permanently. H2o2 is just a temporary fix.

Back
Top Bottom