Powdery mildew problems

SuperErb

420 Member
I started getting powdery mildew on my last grow and it was a real bummer. Now I want to prepare for my next grow and I was wondering what else I can do besides sterilizing my tent to prevent this from happening again. Any suggestions? Also, I was thinking of using gopher bombs to sterilize my tent with and I wonder if anyone else does this? And is there a product I can use on my plants systemically to keep this mildew at bay? One more thing, should I throw away the fabric pots I used for the last run or can I use them again? Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks Ripples. I am using a 4x4x8 tent with a 600 watt hps. I am using a six inch hurricane exhaust fan with variable speeds (it is set on the lowest setting which seems to have a good flow coming out). I also have a carbon filter that the fan draws through. I have a large tower fan circulating air inside the tent and am just using the bottom vents on the tent for air intake, no intake fan. The temp hovers between 65 and 75 with a RH averaging 55%, perfect RH and temp for powdery mildew I know. I just bought a clip on fan to increase air circulation, and I think the air vents on the tent are adequate? I grew 4 plants and towards the end they were getting pretty crowded. I was watering during the sleep cycle which I have learned is the wrong time so now I will only water at the beginning of the light cycles. I'm guessing I should get a dehumidifier? Intake fan? both? Tell me what you think please and thanks again

Your set up sounds nearly exactly as mine so I should be able to help. First where do you live? Is the humidity high normally? The range you gave is fine 45-70 is a good range for veg. Did this mildew show up in veg or flower? When in flower you should drop the RH down to 45 or lower. If humidity is high in your area then perhaps a dehumidifier is the answer. Honestly though your numbers all sound fine? Not exactly sure why you are having a mildew problem. Are you sure it was mildew? Learn how to post picture, they will be a big help when asking questions. When we can visually see what you are talking about it is easier to help. First guess is to turn up the fan speed and keep the numbers as close as you can to where they are. Get started with your grow and lets see where this goes! From what I see your on the right track... Hope this makes you feel better? If you have any specific question shoot away and I will try to respond the best I can! Good luck and happy growing..............

Thanks again! I live in central coastal ca. Nice mild climate and the average humidity is between 40 and 54% About 47 right now. Usually its 55% in my tent though. Yes I will turn up the fans a notch and not leave any standing water in the drip pans longer than necessary. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom