Power went out, plants in darkness 24 hours in veg: Help!

beebop76

Hi,
I have four plants and two of them are 4 weeks into veg and the other two are 2 weeks into veg.

I went upstairs to open my tent and just realized today that my power went out. The plants have been in complete darkness probably close to 24 hours.

I just flipped the lights back on and will continue my 24 hours of light.

Please help. Is this okay? Do i need to go right into flower? I'd really prefer not to as I really need to veg more esp on the younger ones?
Please help.
Thanks.

Re: Power went out..plants in darkness 24 hours in Veg? Help!!!

this is a form of stress, the darkness. that being said, all stress isnt bad! some suck!
i believe the plants will be fine because of the stage and age. still a watchfull eye will make a big difference just incase one goes knuts on you. the strain and its quality of seed also makes a difference. not to mention the care.
24 hrs you say, i to started out like this! i found they did better at the 18/6. the reason is a rest and recoop time. i found the plant like us to some extent needs sleep. by golly it was right they did grow bigger stockier in the veg stage.
mother nature and her ways will teach you everything you need to know. you just need to know how to read her.
peace best of luck! im always around but slow. i deal with tremendous pain and at times i dont get here everyday!

Thanks both. Acid, I actually have read most of that and yes it was very helpful.

hi there, yes like what 68camaro said still a watchfull eye, this happend to mines around the 3 week into veg and all i cvould do was ,, well what i did was give them as much natuarel lite as i could but now i have a hermi, this could have been down to the fact that the seed i had was from a unknown batch,. so good luck, peace;)

watch the low light at lights off. no light at all when its dark! hermie causer! not always but sometimes. more often than not.
o wow yea the seeds are the most important part. i feel bad for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In veg, no big deal.

Turn the lights back on and proceed as normal.

Quit stressing, the plants are fine.

DD

You'll be fine, you won't get a hermie with just that little of darkness, some genetics are just prone to hermies and you might get it, but I think you will be fine, just turn the lights back on and proceed as normal

watch the low light at lights off. no light at all when its dark! hermie causer! not always but sometimes. more often than not.
o wow yea the seeds are the most important part. i feel bad for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i wish they allowed donations to folks like you! id do it!!!!!! quality beans form the gods!
so sorry! start talkin to mods. here. ive some extra one id love to donate. some very very very good ones!!

hi there 68, as you probably read my one and only seed was bad to start with then to top it its now hermi, i have saw some places advert here but dont know which is what, i have been told from a other member whom i asked that nirvana seeds had a good rep but i dont have a credit card!!... i can manage the set up like light and vits nuts, etc: as there is quite a good store close by me. but seeds and cutting over here in scotland aRE prety much non unless i ask suspects who have different motives to me for growing and the attention they attract is not for me, so i like to keep meself quite there,. how do people like yourself go arround these issues,. peace:high-five:;)

Bushmaster(Humboldt County) and reverse (Dutch gold) are said to make hermies sterile, if REDWON you need to get a pre-paid visa you can get one online, or at a local store,or a check cashing place. Maybe a friend can get you one.

Bushmaster(Humboldt County) and reverse (Dutch gold) are said to make hermies sterile, if REDWON you need to get a pre-paid visa you can get one online, or at a local store,or a check cashing place. Maybe a friend can get you one.

hi there303stoner, how do these pre-paid visa go?? and the steralize hermi thing do you know much on this subject? how it would work what to do, etc: thanks for reply, peace;)

sorry to the dude who started this post as i unintetionaly hijacked it, sorry man followed the link from me e-mails and thought it was mine sorry,. :Namaste:

Contact the nutrient companies web sites I've never used these products.

Sorry for dragging up an old post but I have a similar question to the first one here... I'm on my second crop and I run my lights 24/0. I lost power for about 18 hours.. My plants are rooted starts that I got from a dispensary and just transplanted into my pots about 3 or 4 days ago. So they are very young.. Will I be OK here or should I be worried about hermies? I read through the guide and it's definitely helpful but I couldn't find an exact answer to my question.. Thanks a ton for any info and help guys.

if anyting it will speed the process of showing the sex early. the concerns are not founded at this point.
now if it were in flwr and the lights came on in the dark cycle and stayed on , then you be skrewed i do believe!
veggin plants are very strong and recover quikly. they have to be healthy though!

I'm bringing this old thread to motherfucking life!!!!
Fuckballs, my girls just got slapped with 24 hours of MF darkness
First grow, at first I panicked but I just smoked so... U know.. I'm just like F' that nah but my oldest is reaching 90 day mark from germination, young one is approaching 60. My concern is, I usually turn lights off at 10pm and on at 4am. Last 5 days, idk why but I did a dumb move and started putting them under at 4am and lights back on at 2pm, and last day 3pm. I don't know where I got the idea from, but I swore I read somewhere it's ok to slowly increase dark hours. Well, power outage got them down about 21-22 hours straight, I turned the light on at 1am. Should I run them back to 8off/16on and see how they react, put the lights on 24 hours straight and then go back to 8/16 or just go straight in to flowering, 12/12? My ultimate
question is what's best to prevent creating hermies?!

Back
Top Bottom