ppm question

poolboy

Posted this first in Introductions, Hope it's ok to post here also.
Question is should I flush real quick before I have problems or am I over reacting like the total newb that I am.

Hey everybody, i am totally new to growing just about everything.
Got a clone from a friend of a friend not sure what it is G13???
Anyways was able to transplant with no problems that I noticed.
Used FFOF with 25% perlite. First waterings used distilled and run off was
ph6.7, ppm1007.Approx 3 weeks later (today) I decide to start nutes...
GH GRO, Micro & bloom...1 tsp each in a gallon of my aged tap water.
ph was 6.4,ppm was1056 after mixing.decided not to ph up or down.
I put approx 1/2 gallon in the soil and waited for runoff...
1st runoff was ph5.9,ppm2000+,ec3999+ (my hanna combo meter maxes out at 2000 and 3999 I guess).
I wait 45 min or so check again...same thing ph6.0, ppm&ec maxed.
Help what should I do? I dont want to kill it

man I really don't understand this.
ppm for the tap water I used is 281ppm
ppm for test I did with the soil mix with distilled water was 1007ppm
ppm for 5ml GRO,5ml Micro,5ml Bloom with 1 gallon of water was 1056ppm
add all of that up= 2344ppm
runoff was over 2000ppm (limit of the meter)
so really my ppm of my nutes from GH products (1056)+nutes in the soil
(1007) would be 2063ppm. man I hope I didn't over do it.
I used the GH chart on the bottle for average growth.
Hope I'm not overreacting.
Thanks for any replies

i was thinkin of buying the HANNA Waterproof pH /EC/TDS/Temp Meter
but i dont know if its money well spent i found it for 110 bucks but not sure if its gonna be good enough for what im trying to do please if anyone has had problems with it please let me know.... but poolboy if its reading off the chart something is not right what soil r u using and what stage growth r u in... i have talked to a lot of grower and there mostly letting me for the first month do as little to the plant as possible in soil its made to have everything already in it... so ya idk what to do cuz i like hydro and being about to give the plant what i think it needs but soil seem so easy... let me know what ur thinking a noob on here but have grown for a couple of years now but no expert by any means

west, thats the meter I have 98129,I think its good for what I need
I'm rereading the destructions I might be able to change the settings to go higher. I was expecting the reading to be around 1800 then minus out the water ppm and soil ppm for around a 800-900ppm for nutes alone.
I'll wait until tomorrow and decide what to do I just hopeits not burnt to a crisp.
Thanks

so u think i should geet this im n a little tent but i want the best i can grow.. i dont mind spending more just want the best bang for the buck.... and i thought u wanted about 1200 going into soil. bUT THEN again i dont know whaT nuts or soil ur using. i went cheap this time with fox farm ocean bed, and running pro bloom soil from Botanicare, karma and a few bloom supplementes as well but i have no idea what my ppm is... shity way of doing it in my eyes..... but i have seen that if i mix like the bottles say then had two gallons of distilled water to my 10 gallon res it works better. so i think for sure im buring then. but this is my first grow with these strains so i will do better next time got a mother in the closet and 15 clones for the next batch pre 98 bubba kush see profile for pics commet too please just want to knw what ur thinkin haven ever shown anyone who knows what there doing but all my friends tell me its great just want some feed back from someone who doesn know me hahaha. do u have any pics of ur grow?

west just saw your pics...lookin good
wish I could get some of those strains I'll see if I can put up pics tomorrow
my clones only about 3 weeks old I plan on making it amom and then get 3-4 cuttings and start my first grow for now just dont want to kill mom
read my first post fox farm ocean and perlite is the soil
later east coast here goin on midnite take care

I got an Oakton Basic PH pen from a local hydro store for around $80 a while back. Dont forget to grab 7.0 reference solution as well as electrode cleaning solution. Both help keep your meter running optimally. Mine works great. As for your PH problem (lower PH in runoff), this happens but I forget what the rational explanation for it is. Anyhow, no worries. U can give it a thorough nutrient flush at the desired PH. Allow about 40%-60% runoff. This should correct your problem. I am willing to bet that if you incorporate dolomite lime into you soil before potting next time this may not be and issue. It is used to help keep PH in soil stable. Add it when you incorporate the 25% perilite next go round. Good luck bro. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom