GrowingGuru

420 Member
Autoflower Girl Scout cookie seeds. Growing my ladies in Promix, 5 gal totes. What are ppms supposed to be at for seedlings? Also what about for veg?? I’ve been keeping my seedlings and veg ppm around 300. I was told today 500 ppm is best for seedling/veg. In the past I NEVER measured ppm and I was fine. But I want to learn more about it!
Opinions?

What type of nutrients and medium are you using?
I don't think theres a simple answer or majic number on ppms. Im running an auto dwc and trieng to stay around 500 ppm in veg and transition.
A seedling or small veging plant may require 0 nutes for a while. And be gradual when it does.
If 300 ppm is close to what you used with success I would not change it quickly or without reason.

It's usually recomended to start with 1/4 strenth nutes after the seedling stage in an "inert" soil,... no nutes already,.. like coco or peat. Other soil like Fox farm may not need any nutes untill its flowering.

Corect ph in your nutes and timing wet dry cycle will make big improvements

Some1 else wrote this up but quicker than looking for the post hope it helps

Screenshot_2021-06-19-23-48-10.jpg

Some1 else wrote this up but quicker than looking for the post hope it helps

Autoflower Girl Scout cookie seeds. Growing my ladies in Promix, 5 gal totes. What are ppms supposed to be at for seedlings? Also what about for veg?? I’ve been keeping my seedlings and veg ppm around 300. I was told today 500 ppm is best for seedling/veg. In the past I NEVER measured ppm and I was fine. But I want to learn more about it!
Opinions?
What kind of promix? There are a few.
My method "strain dependent " .
Seedlings 0 to 300 ish ppm.
Veg 300 to 600 ish ppm.
Flowering girls 600 to 1200 and back down to a few hundred by the end.
All strain dependent.
Use guides recommended until you learn the needs of your ladies.
Happy growing.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom