PRBloodeyes' Afghan Indoor Grow Journal - 2015

Hi PRB

First I think I see a spider mite on that last leaf pic.

Tell more about what soil you use, temps and humidity.
You could buy a humidifier or put a pot with water in and hang a towel in that pot.

PH for soil 6,2 - 6,8 best 6,5.

Don't water to much after I set them in pots I don't water until leafs start to hang down a bit ~ 1week.

In your space I would go for 5-7gal pots but that depends how long you plan to veg.

Thanks Darkgrow!

For the soil, I am using Miracle-Grow Potting Mix. My temp is 75 and humidity is 47. For fertilizer I am using Fox Farm's Grow Big and Big Bloom.

Right now I have them in 5 gal pots but I will be changing them to 7 gal.

What should I be looking for or doing to prevent spider mite?

suppl_3_.jpg
suppl_1_.jpg

Now is when I need you guy's expertise!
Today is the end of week three and I notice that some of the leaves look folded and another one look yellow. I just started nukes two days ago and I foliated them that same night.

For my supplements I am using:
Fox Farm's Grow Big
Fox Farm's Big Bloom

Number #1The yellow leave!
sex_and_fold_end_of_week_3_6_.jpg

Number #2The folded leaves!
sex_and_fold_end_of_week_3_8_.jpg

sex_and_fold_end_of_week_3_7_.jpg

Number #3Is this how you tell the sex? If so, what is it?
sex_and_fold_end_of_week_3_4_.jpg

sex_and_fold_end_of_week_3_2_.jpg

sex_and_fold_end_of_week_3_3_.jpg

sex_and_fold_end_of_week_3_5_.jpg

sex is female.

How far is your light ?

Cant help to much but I would look at temps rh and less nutes.
Little flush with ph 6,5 and look at the ph that drains out.

3 week old never get anything but water ph 6,5 , rest are clones.
Watered 10 days ago and will get the next if leafs start to droop.
First nutes will be 1/4 strength
IMG_20150605_194612.jpg

Have a look at Dennise I think she uses FF soil, you may ask and show a photo there.
Dennise - No Longer The Newest Of Newbies - Not Growing In MG - Perpetual

:thanks: Thanks again Darkgrow!

My lights are 1000 W running at 75%, around one foot from the top of the highest plant. I think I am going to flush them with PH 6,5 and reduce the nukes to 1/4 strength (I did full strength last time). What is a reasonable PH for the drain out? What about just foliating the plant?

:cheer: Females!!! Yay!!!

Ya that looks like a male and you need to dump the mircle gro potting mix that is whats messing up your girls. You can make your own better with mats from the local home D store. Perlite and Vermaculite 50/50 mix and you will start to notice a difference but the ph and nutes that are in that mix are whats messing with your plants.

Ya that looks like a male and you need to dump the mircle gro potting mix that is whats messing up your girls. You can make your own better with mats from the local home D store. Perlite and Vermaculite 50/50 mix and you will start to notice a difference but the ph and nutes that are in that mix are whats messing with your plants.

Yea, I am planning on getting rid of the MG. I heard lots of bad stuff about it. And today, I am getting rid of the male.

Jep it´s a male.

Glad madsientist pointed it out as I was not sure about the soil.

Flush you do to get rid of to much nutes that might be in the soil or cause a lookout at the roots.

Ph that drains out should be in soil range 6,2 - 6,8.

:helpsmilie:
OK, I tried to flush them but it is too much. The flushed water was testing at 7.0 and after 8 gallons of 4.0 water it only dropped to 6.9. It will take me more than 100 gallons to flush all the plants. I am thinking about using a new soil.

This is how they look now. Sad!

Sick_1st_6_.JPG

Sick_1st_5_.JPG

Sick_1st_4_.JPG

Sick_1st_3_.JPG

This is the result from the first flush.

Sick_1st_1_.jpg

This is how she look after 8 gallon flushes and still at PH 6.9

Sick_1st_2_.jpg

Pot in new soil.

You cant flush that much and you never should go under 6,0 in soil with the flush water.
This soil is buffered to much and wont work.

Pull them out try to remove a bit of the old soil and give them new soil.

Week 4

I haven't have money to change the soil yet. I flush them and now they seem to be getting better. No nukes just 6.5 PH water every 4 days. I also change the light from 1000w running at 75% to 100%. I haven't move the lights up at all yet.

Sorry for the crooked pictures but I don't know how to fix it.

week_4_4_4.jpg

week_4_3_4.jpg

week_4_2_3.jpg

week_4_1_1.jpg

The edges of the leaf turn up to much.

They stretch more between the nodes if the light is to high and burn if it is to low.
Give them some day and lower to 20 and look at your plant.

How long will you veg ?

Back
Top Bottom