Pre '98/Lashkar Afghan Indica x Deep Chunk

What strains is it? 10 regular Pre '98/Lashkar Afghan Indica x Deep Chunk seeds.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Indica hybrid.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seeds started on 03/14/2014 @ 3:30 P.M. using the paper towel method.

If in Veg... For how long? N/A.

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or Hydro? Soilless.

If soil... what is in your mix? SSM#4.

If soil... What size pot? 5" pots up to 3 gallon pots (or grow bags).

Size of light?
-Seedling: 200 watt Feliz full spectrum mogul-based CFL.
-Vegetative and flowering: 250 watt MH/HPS and 400 watt HPS with 250/400 digital ballast.

Is it aircooled? Air cooled light reflector.

Temp of Room/cab? 79 degrees F.

RH of Room/cab? 56%.

PH of media or res? I don't check it.

Any Pests ? I got rid of the after-harvest pests (a.k.a. friends) years ago, so no. ;)

How often are you watering? I expect to water 2-3 times/week.

Type and strength of nutes used - to be determined.....

ooh ooh ooh, AHH AHH AHH!!!!!

:peace:

11:30 A.M. - I put the wet folded paper towel inside of a plastic open sandwich baggie and folded the baggie in half last night. There was 1 seed open at 8:30 this morning. I then put it under my hat for the heat. 8 of 10 are open now, 1 is starting to, and the other will probably be open by the time I plant them this afternoon. :)

Post pics soon

All 10 seeds are planted in SSM#4 (5 - 5.5" and 5 - 4" plastic pots). One of the seeds is pale and may not open all the way; I planted it anyway. The other 9 are open, and the tails look a healthy white. I watered them in with 1 gallon of RO water, 6 ml. Thrive Alive B1, and 1 tsp. CaMg+. Post pics when they pop the ground.

Hey what's up b.real just in time for the first pic. Most of the seedlings are up:

0071220.JPG

I'm going to back off the watering on these; they're looking mostly Kush (like my Bubba grow). I know that Kush plants don't like being overwatered and I'm gonna have to extend veg a few weeks. Here they are at 2 weeks and 4 days old:

0061310.JPG

First feeding this Friday :)

Note: I transplanted all 9 plants into 1 gallon plastic pots today. I used Roots Organic soil and watered in with 1 gallon RO water, Great White Shark (powdered), Thrive Alive B-1 (full dose), and CaMg+ (light feeding dose). In a few days when these dry out some I'll feed them. I just didn't want to hit them with too much at once.
One of the seedlings formed 2 heads instead of an apical meristem; I'll pic it up close when it gets a little bigger.

coming along nicely. they sure do have a lot of indica in them.

If all else fails I'll harvest me a nice spinach crop :)
Tom Hill's Deep Chunk is supposed to be a heavy yielder. Both cuts of Bubba Kush I grew were low yielders, and all the grow reviews say the same. I can't find any info on Lashkar Afghan Indica, so I don't know how it yields. I'm thinking the cross between the Pre '98 and the Lashkar was for potency and the cross to Deep Chunk was to increase yield but not lose much potency (if any). But from what I've seen so far I'll be vegging these for a spell :sleep: they look just like the Katsu cut of Bubba I grew I didn't get $hit off of that plant.

Oh before I forget, 1 of the seedlings grew 2 leaves upward instead of an apical meristem (the plant in the lower right; above pic). 2 secondary branches formed at the first nodal intersection and those are becoming the new apical meristems (if that's what the new ones are called after the initial apical meristem is topped or otherwise gone). That one will be a runt I'm guessing.
These will all be going in under a 250 watt MH/HPS as soon as I chop my Chem D breeding project (maybe 3 weeks). I think I'll run 19 on and 5 off to get them up to size, then switch bulbs to the 400 watt HPS and wait until they show sex to kill the males. I can't wait to see what the buds look like on the females :)

hope so. i've seen some chunky plants by crossing them with a strong afghani the big bud it goes by another name too i forget. master kush is a nice sativaish skunk with the heavy afghani kush

Back
Top Bottom