Pre '98/Lashkar Afghan Indica x Deep Chunk

The last 3 plants, under the 200 watt red spectrum CFL:

I'll have these under the 400 watt HPS in a few days, and they'll take off hopefully.

:peace:

I have my 7 under the HPS. I'm hoping to get enough garden plants in the ground so I can get half of them under 'd CFLs and Flower hand at 12/12 under the HPS. I've never started seeds indoor OR grown marijuana indoors so I bolixed up the combination :)

Good for you for having a workable plan :):goodjob::thumb::goodjob:

Okay finally got things going :) I got all three of them under the 400 watt HPS yesterday. They got over the transplant and are showing hairs. There is a bit of wilt due to the watering in but they should pick up as soon as the pots dry out. They are sharing the 2' x 3' space for a short time with a Chem D (topped and pollinated) mother plant and a (soon to be done with) Free Tibet clone. I'll get pics up tonight.

Took the pics but didn't get them up last night. Here they are :)

0051537.JPG
0061358.JPG
010963.JPG
0091048.JPG

5 weeks and 3 days of 12/12 (about 4 weeks since the first hairs). Flashbacks of my GSC grow; this is a condition that results from excessive hybridization (if any of you have ever seen a small bud form on leaf stems, I have that trait on another plant and will pic it the next time I take a leaf off if there are any left):

0011828.JPG

I defoliated these a bit. They all look different.

0031748.JPG
0021818.JPG

I'll finish them out of course, but I don't like the way they look..... :straightface:

how does excessive crossing do that? I thought crossing only makes stronger plants?

Too many parents in the mix somehow forces a temporary double chromosome bond. It may make a stronger species in the long run if you breed these ones out, but all it does for me is double up flowers and leaves which causes rot since I grow in closets and tents.

From the way your leaves photograph yellow on top and green below, it would seem there is not much light penetration.
I say " it would seem" because I'm really asking a question.

Can one measure light penetration by the color in photos?

I'm not sure, but I think my camera angles are a part of the problem as far as brightness of the tops. I'll try taking one from above (even though I can't see when I take it) to show the difference. This unit is behind a fake wall and I can barely stand up in front of it to take pics, so I don't get good ones. You're right in the fact that I don't defoliate enough to get good light penetration when I crowd plants, though. :)

Note: The sulfer evaporator is set to run from noon today until 3:00 p.m. in this unit. The one pheno is getting so bushy I need to prevent bud rot on it. They are at 5 weeks and 5 days of 12/12 (this is about 4 weeks and 2 days since first hairs). I'll post pics again soon.

Man you got some great projects going on. Gonna unsub from some old subbed journal's. And sub over here.

Cool looking double stacked tops. never seen that I dont think. I have a plant in flower right now that has calyx's coming out of the base of the bigger fans.

I will eventually make it to the other partys you have going on but i have a little work to do myself.

cheers

Man you got some great projects going on. Gonna unsub from some old subbed journal's. And sub over here.

Cool looking double stacked tops. never seen that I dont think. I have a plant in flower right now that has calyx's coming out of the base of the bigger fans.

I will eventually make it to the other partys you have going on but i have a little work to do myself.

cheers

Hey welcome shottafire :) This is the second time I've had this double-flower problem with a plant, but I've had quite a few that form triple nodes, usually on the branches that grow out from the second nodes (I'll pic the lower part of that branch from a few different angles to show how weird it looks, by the way). I don't like it when I see it myself; it's an unuseable mutation from overbreeding, at least at my level.
I will also take a pic of the leaf I saw last night on the other plant in this grow; you'll recognize it immediately. I've got that same leaf trait you are talking about going on in this grow. Some of the small buds grow up to 1/2" up the petiole of the leaf. I've read that this trait comes from Chinese or Asian strains but I don't know for sure, but if I see it again in the same grow as I see the triple nodes and double-flowering, I'm writing it off as another unbreedable mutation.

Weird leaf trait (I broke the leaf off for clarity). Above it slightly to the left is the broken stem from it:

0011832.JPG

That double-headed flower stem, a little more in detail and showing the multiple nodes:

0031750.JPG

Again, the only plant out of this grow that I like:

0021820.JPG

An attempt at a better camera angle to decrease the high light reflection off the top leaves:

0041644.JPG

I am going to use 2 Tbsp./gallon of CaMg+ from now on.

Leaves reaching upward is a sign of good health, but when they do it too much I worry it's a magnesium deficiency, Radogast. The last pic I posted looks like the plant has that condition (people nicknamed it "praying for magnesium"). I've thought about it, and even though for some reason it only happens to me with plants in the left side and back of that particular unit I'll treat for the deficiency anyway.

Back
Top Bottom