Pre '98/Lashkar Afghan Indica x Deep Chunk

Here's a more accurate pic as far as light reflection goes, Radogast. I just kept holding the camera above my head and looking at the screen after the shot, and 5 pics later I got something I could crop:

0061381.JPG

These individual ones didn't do as well. Right plant:

0071306.JPG

Left plant:

0081193.JPG

The only one I like.....

0091066.JPG

..... even though with the botrytis problems I've had lately I hate the way it clusters:

010979.JPG

It's about 5 weeks since sight of the first hairs, so I expect another 3-1/2 to 4 more. If I were to have to say as far as care goes, I'd suggest moderate on everything here (waterings and feedings). More pics soon.....

:peace:

Note: I'll try to get some pics up soon. These 3 plants are crowded now; I added 2 GDP x GDPs (my own breeding) and a GDP clone to the unit. I'll be feeding again the next watering, too. But these plants are what appear to me to be low yielding, partly because of the strains involved and partly because they are weirded out due to overbreeding. Damn I got 10 more seeds of this too in the back of the 'fridge they go..... :straightface:

I'll get pics up tomorrow for this grow, but even after the sulfer burner treatment I got grey mold on all 3 plants (not much, but enough combined with my dislike of this grow to decide not to let it spread). I'm cutting the 4 small tops off that are infected and doing a bud wash on the rest, then hanging it all to dry. I need to get some practice on extractions so I'll use the weed for that. The unit has to be cleaned out with bleach water; it's in a damp part of the house and mold flourishes there. I'll do that when I take the last 3 plants out of it and transfer them (1-2 days). The I'll do another 6 hour sulfer burn and start the next grow out.

Sorry you had to chop early.

Just last weekend I was contemplating the 75-80% humidity in my flowering room at " night."
I realized I have a de-humidifier for the basement about 50 feet away in the far corner of the basement.
I changed the setting on the dehumidifier from 60% to 35% and the overnight RH dropped to 62%.

Considering the air passes by a couple of open top 5 gallon buckets of water and moves past several hanging sheets set up as walls,
I was very pleased with the improvement. The machine is the basic 2.5 foot tall box on wheels that shows up on Google images when I type dehumidifier. The previous owner ran a hose into the sump pump so no issues with filling up and pouring out (clean) water.

It happens, you know? But thanks. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise; I need some practice with making hash oil before I feel comfortable using good weed to do it :)
As much as I dislike the idea, a dehumidifier is about the only way to keep conditions okay in that area Radogast. There's already spots of black mold again. If I don't keep it under control this grow I'll have to price a small one.

Note: What I plan to do here is use all this for practicing extractions with. I smoked a bud of it, and even though it was still a bit too wet to stay burning, I could taste the Pre '98 Bubba. It had a musky taste (the Lashkar Afghani?), and a buzz to it too. I'll post pics (possibly tomorrow) of the whole pile of buds on the stems and a few closeups of buds (I'll trim a few up just for that). I'll post a pic of the oil I get from it too. And then I'll close this journal with my personal reflections on the grow.

I took a look at some of these nugs and thought, "You know, these don't look so bad." So what I decided to do is when I grind up a tray of weed each day to pack my extraction tube I'll take the nice buds and keep them. I have one dish of hash oil I'm going to check on right after this, but here's what I mean:

0011870.JPG

I might get 3 runs out of all of the rest of this:

0021859.JPG

I'll post a pic of the oil later, :peace:

It's way later but here's some of the oil:

0011885.JPG

I have enough for one more extraction, already did another, plus I tumbled some of this to get some kief. It wasn't a loss by any means, but the other seeds I have of this are going on the back burner. Too many breeding mutations. The weed tastes decent; a bit like Bubba and it has some old time weed taste to it too (can't describe it any other way than that), but the buzz on all of these phenos isn't good enough to keep a mother. I'll close this journal now and thanks to everybody here :)

Thanks for sharing your grow with us, PotChimp.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I'm moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom