rustyrocks

1st time grower, however i have spent a good 4/5 years in horticulture and smoked for a lot longer than that ;) but here goes...Ok. so i got a good deal on a starting grow kit, 125W blue cfl/200W red cfl/250W HPS with ballast, carbon filter/tubing/chemicals/coco soil/ph testers all the little bits and bobs, and i will be building a grow box.. i was going to go 7ftx3ftx3ft (bigger smaller?) and use 1.5ft at the bottom or top for cuttings/cloning and have been reading up on CFL bulbs... blue for veg/red for flower/ (my main question)> HPS for bud ?.... is this correct.. any suggestions or questions would be much appreciated, when i start building the box i can post progress (but.. AS Much help prior to starting to would be amazing), Im wondering if the blue/red/HPS is a good idea. or do you have better methods.. will i get more or less if i used the HPS from the beginning, or is using the CFL's prior to BUDDING going to help the plant (i was thinking screen grow)
PS "Any info on blue / red cfl light hint's tip's especially within using 3, from cfl to hps on the same plant(s)
Thanks folks!!

1st time grower, however i have spent a good 4/5 years in horticulture and smoked for a lot longer than that ;) but here goes...Ok. so i got a good deal on a starting grow kit, 125W blue cfl/200W red cfl/250W HPS with ballast, carbon filter/tubing/chemicals/coco soil/ph testers all the little bits and bobs, and i will be building a grow box.. i was going to go 7ftx3ftx3ft (bigger smaller?) and use 1.5ft at the bottom or top for cuttings/cloning and have been reading up on CFL bulbs... blue for veg/red for flower/ (my main question)> HPS for bud ?.... is this correct.. any suggestions or questions would be much appreciated, when i start building the box i can post progress (but.. AS Much help prior to starting to would be amazing), Im wondering if the blue/red/HPS is a good idea. or do you have better methods.. will i get more or less if i used the HPS from the beginning, or is using the CFL's prior to BUDDING going to help the plant (i was thinking screen grow)
PS "Any info on blue / red cfl light hint's tip's especially within using 3, from cfl to hps on the same plant(s)
Thanks folks!!

Hi mate

3x3 is a good size and 7 feet will give you room to separate seedlings from flowering plants.

Use the blue light for seedlings to end of veg, then when you flick to 12/12 use the red.

Screen grow, you can check out fish's grow for tips: @fish cake

i'd make a bigger box & line the walls of that box w/ multiple vertical hanging 4' t-5 fixtures; t-5 lamps come in multiple tube lengths/widths... n if you want to cut out more of the heat & got a budget 4 it-- look n2 some LED growing lamps. but what u got'll work too... HPS (RED) spectrum BETTER suited for flowering-- Metal Halide (MH) more for vegetative state.

Thank you so much for response folk, very quick, so.. a bigger box. at a push i can maybe get another half a foot/a foot WidthxBridth (depending on cupboard size.. building a box for in the closet, easier control over whole grow) maybe i can invest in "LED's" next grow all this reading took me to a few places explaining pros/cons of hps/led/cfl.. after a lot of reading last night. i came to the conclusion of a 4 or long 2 port extension with "Y" splitting light fixtures on 2 sides of the box giving me side coverage, or do you suggest the florescent tubes, so blue for veg.. red for flower.. where dose the HPS come into play Just for budding in the screen grow? Thank you for all your answers, I was also looking at lining with MYLAR, i know this isn't TOO cheap but if i spend the extra couple quid i will benefit since im using cfl for most of the grow. i Think, has anyone ever tried growing with all 3 bulbs?? i guess they have but anyone here could shove me in the right direction, link/journal/book, believe me i have read A LOT since i got the equipment, came with a grow bible and another horticulturist marijuana book (advanced) and i am reading through forums and other sites but i cant find much on growing with BLUE-cfl then RED-cfl then 150W HPS

I now relise the RED-cfl is NOT to be used... my guy i got the stuff off got the hps because the red cfl was not up to standard.. answered 99% of my questions by telling me this haha!!!!

Why build a box? If you have a closet just paint it white and use every inch ... 1 inch = 1 inch more buds!!

I like your idea of using some of the space for veg too. Folks have been very successful with CFL lighting, I tried it and found those suckers get HOT, make sure you have good airflow "no matter what lights you get have good airflow" You might consider LED...

CAN ANYONE tell me if you need vent fans if your running a mini split a/c??? thanks any help would be appreciated im new to 420 mag and dont know how to post my own thread yet!

The box is easier to control and smell prevention, we will defiantly be using air flow, Also with the box easier achieved than drilling holes into the walls and such....

Back
Top Bottom