Pre-employment drug test for Army civilian job?

jb27

Hello,

Has anyone completed a pre-employment drug test for an Army civilian job?? I went in today for my pre-employment physical and part of this was blood test & urinalysis. However, I'm not sure the urinalysis included a drug test. I went to the hospital lab, they checked me in, gave me a cup, and sent me across the hall to get my blood drawn. After my blood was drawn, I asked the guy what I should do with the cup (which had a sticker with my name on it) and he just told me to go down the hall to the bathroom and place it in the specimen box when done (one of those metal boxes behind the toilet). No one stood outside the door or even observed me entering the bathroom, I was allowed to bring my water bottle and purse in, and there was no blue coloring in the toilet. Additionally, I was never actually told I was required to take a drug test. Do you think it is possible that they will test my urine for drugs? I know that there is usually a strict protocol that is followed for drug testing and this definitely wasn't the case! Have I been freaking out for the last 2 weeks over getting a UA for nothing!?!

Re: Pre-employment drug test for Army civilian job?!?!

That would have just been a diabetes test most likely. Its standard for government jobs. Drug testing for government jobs is heavily regulated and protocols have to be followed so this definitely wasn't a drug test. But if I were you I would prepare for one. Depending on what your job is they will probably drug test you.

That would have just been a diabetes test most likely. Its standard for government jobs. Drug testing for government jobs is heavily regulated and protocols have to be followed so this definitely wasn't a drug test. But if I were you I would prepare for one. Depending on what your job is they will probably drug test you.

Yea, that's what I am thinking. To be safe, I'm going to assume that I will be tested, but I don't know if I actually will. I've been reading the government has very strict regulations on who can and cannot be tested. Only those in sensitive positions (i.e. medical field, positions requiring driving/operating equipment, positions w/security clearance) can be tested. I don't think my position is a sensitive position, but I'm going to refrain regardless.

Re: Pre-employment drug test for Army civilian job?!

In any government jobs its normal that before selection of any candidate they have to go through certain health test and what test you have given whether for drug or diabetes it doesn't matter until you are free from all such things.
jobs melbourne website

Yea, that's what I am thinking. To be safe, I'm going to assume that I will be tested, but I don't know if I actually will. I've been reading the government has very strict regulations on who can and cannot be tested. Only those in sensitive positions (i.e. medical field, positions requiring driving/operating equipment, positions w/security clearance) can be tested. I don't think my position is a sensitive position, but I'm going to refrain regardless.
I think thats the best path at this point.

Back
Top Bottom