Pre Flowering? Help a girl out

Exoticbliss

This girl is a bag seed and about 5 weeks old. She isn't all that big but it seems to me that she is pre flowering?! Yesterday I started the 12/12 cycle - but now I'm not sure if I should of done that since I would like to move her into a bigger pot. Sugesstions?

Thanks in advance :love:

image35093.jpg
image35090.jpg

I don't see any evidence of preflowering, and you should not get any on a plant so young, unless it was a clone from a flowering plant. Go ahead and transplant to her big girl pot with a good soil/sand/vermiculite mixture. Use only plain water until she recovers from transplant, about 1 - 2 weeks. You'll see new growth. Then you can cautiously and sparingly start adding nutes again.

Update: GIRL OR MALE?

she seems to be doing good so far. I'm not sure whether that new growth in the second picture indicates anything. Comments would be awesome :)
image35197.jpg
image35198.jpg

Keep an eye on it. It's is not a female preflower, because it doesnt show the two fine hairs. It could be a malformed branch. If that tip doesn't start looking like a leaf real soon, it might be a male pod. But male flowers show up in bunches. It's a tad early to tell.

So, you'll need to watch it carefully the next few days.

I don't see any evidence of preflowering, and you should not get any on a plant so young, unless it was a clone from a flowering plant. Go ahead and transplant to her big girl pot with a good soil/sand/vermiculite mixture. Use only plain water until she recovers from transplant, about 1 - 2 weeks. You'll see new growth. Then you can cautiously and sparingly start adding nutes again.

The little bit of leaf damage at the very lowest leaves on the otherwise healthy looking plant point to being a little bit root bound, and I agree with AKgramma that it is time to up-pot. I think that it is way too early to send her to flower, unless you are trying to grow in a very small space and can't let your plant get very big. You still have a lot of work you can do with this plant to give you a better yield but if you go to flower now I am afraid that you will be very disappointed in what results. Also, you really want to get all your uppotting done before flower, with ample recovery time after the final uppotting. Once you start flowering the roots are only going to develop for a week or two more, and then the plant is on to bigger and better things... it has flowers to produce.

As far as preflowers go, it will happen when it happens. Give her time, and don't stress about it and you will know the sex long before it becomes an issue if you just look at your plants every day or two. It is not something that can surprise you, and usually after 5 or 6 weeks of veg they start showing, especially the males.

Sorry for the crap quality pics I tried to focus the best I could!

I have a few of these orangey looking hairs on my stem. Hmmmmm?
image35215.jpg
image35214.jpg

Back
Top Bottom