Pre-flowers

20151206_143416.jpg
20151206_143448.jpg
The females

As soon as i am sure the males are males they will get chopped down. The plants i grew in the past i never really paid attention to the details like i am this time. I dont want to make a mistake and trash one that could be a female. Do calyx's form in groups before you see the pistils? The one def female isnt showing this and thats why i think i could have 2 males.

On female cannabis plants the pre flower pistils and calyxes form 2 per node 1 at each side of the node. Male cannabis plants will for pollen sacks in clusters at the nodes.

20151205_231559.jpg
20151205_231559.jpg
20151205_231541.jpg
they look like males to me!

You have a male cannabis plant.

2 females and 1 undecided. Can i use the males to make some butter or they just not worth the effort?

Male cannabis plants produce less cannabinoids than female cannabis plants. If a male cannabis plant is far into flower the trichomes can be collected for hashish or cannabis extracts.

So i was sitting here thinking about this thread and it occured to me that maybe i should turn this into a grow journal. Anybody else think this is a good idea?

You've got one definite yes vote for a grow journal, I'll be in on page one!

Starting a Grow Journal is a great idea! To change your thread into a Grow Journal simply personal message a moderator and ask for your thread to be moved to the Journal in Progress section on 420 Magazine.

I apologize for not getting my grow journal started yet, i havent had the time between work and fixing some problems i been having with my well system.

I just wanted to give a quick update on my plants. I found out last nite that i have a true hermie, she started with all kinds of pistils and now she is throwing true male flowers so im kinda bummed out about it. I figure i would pick off all the flowers that i can find for now and when she gets another week or 2 older im gonna chop her down and use her to make hash. Has anyone ever tried keeping a hermie and pick the male flowers off? I know its a pain to do and thats why most people just chop them down, but she has some decent buds forming. She has got a nice sheen in the bud areas and i can see the trichomes, so i just figured i would keep her for some experience since im still new at growing cannabis.

I apologize for not getting my grow journal started yet, i havent had the time between work and fixing some problems i been having with my well system.

I just wanted to give a quick update on my plants. I found out last nite that i have a true hermie, she started with all kinds of pistils and now she is throwing true male flowers so im kinda bummed out about it. I figure i would pick off all the flowers that i can find for now and when she gets another week or 2 older im gonna chop her down and use her to make hash. Has anyone ever tried keeping a hermie and pick the male flowers off? I know its a pain to do and thats why most people just chop them down, but she has some decent buds forming. She has got a nice sheen in the bud areas and i can see the trichomes, so i just figured i would keep her for some experience since im still new at growing cannabis.

I'm terrified of this myself on my first grow. I've got a couple girls that have suffered a bit, and from what I've read stress is the main cause. Erg.

Yea stress can def make a plant go hermie, but i think this plants mother was a hermie cuz shes not throwing little bananas here and there but she is throwing full clusters of male flower pods. But its one of the downsides from growing bagseed, you just dont know what the genetics are. But its a learning experience for me so even though im a little disappointed, im still gaining knowledge from this. Plus i would rather dial in my setup and hone my knowledge using bagseed instead of spending hundreds of dollars on seeds from a seed bank and having my grow fail on me and wasting all that money.

Back
Top Bottom