Pre-mix Dr. Earth dry amendments with Fox Farms?

Hayron1088

Hello everyone. I’m about to start another cycle and as usual I’m using Fox Farms Ocean Forest. My question is, can I or should I mix in my Dr. Earth dry amendments before? I know the soil has enough for a month or so but it would be really nice to premix it in obviously. I definitely do not want to burn my plants! I won’t be terribly upset if I can’t, I just mix it my usually way! Thanks in advance!!

Apologies - this one drifted by with no response. No help but this is exactly how the new Geoflora organic dry nutes are dosed. First a dose is mixed into the soil based on gallons of soil I believe and of course it’s intended to be watered in, next it’s applied as a top dressing every 2 weeks and watered in. Yes go easy, you can always add more next time but it’s not so easy to undo an overload.

All right big guy, let’s get the ball rolling & hopefully the pros will jump in soon

i should probably follow my last schedule but I just wanted to give them a jumpstart without burning. Looks like I’ll be top dressing again which is ok by me:idea:

I mix my DrE with Black Gold Organic or Promix Organic, but I help a friend who uses Ocean Forest and we mix worm castings and DrE maybe some minerals or azomite and that's about it. He's never had a problem with the soil being to hot. He's even put seedlings right in a 7g bag full of the mix and never had problems.

I mix my DrE with Black Gold Organic or Promix Organic, but I help a friend who uses Ocean Forest and we mix worm castings and DrE maybe some minerals or azomite and that's about it. He's never had a problem with the soil being to hot. He's even put seedlings right in a 7g bag full of the mix and never had problems.
This is really helpful thank you. My plants are on day 26 today and so far the growth is absolutely amazing. I’ll keep everyone posted with this next grow

I like to “churn” mine dry amendments in a bit. Then I too dress with worm castings. Probably don’t matter how you administer each but just sharing my method. So far I’m noticing far faster growth then my last cycle. Just remember the doctor earth amendments take almost 2 weeks to start breaking down

Little update on growth. Left is zkittlez/peyote, center is same(germinate 6 days after), and right is Blueberry. Mixed in 1/4 cup of Dr.Earth Gold. Going to wait 2-3 more days to water. Based on the leaf structure I feel I need to let the soil dry a bit. Thanks for watching and I’ll post soon!

7F5DA636-5513-4514-BDAF-9725752EFAAA.jpeg

03F4E56D-73DE-47D4-8570-2FE3DA122D0D.jpeg

399A5DFE-9C40-4F50-B885-DB73D560D649.jpeg

Forgot to add, I topped the left and right plants 2 days ago. Thinking about defoliating a couple of the bottom leaves, these plants are so much shorter and denser then any other plant I’ve ever grown by a long shot. May need some pointers on how to care for it.:yummy:

So I was reading @VetSmoke85 journal with GSC and @Emilya mentioned that growing organic you don’t need to ph balance your water? I’ve said it many times but to save you from scrolling I’m using FFOF and Dr.Earth dry amendments. Is that organic enough? I laughed a bit just asking the organic enough by the way. :laugh: If this is true then I’ll be super excited to finally use a rain catcher!

Back
Top Bottom