Preacher's first grow: Micro

Thanks, HH. I'll keep that in mind when it gets too tight. I can tell that LST is my best friend. Very cool.

How long does the stretch last during flowering? Is that dependent on the strain or what?

Dependent upon the strain(indica/sativa varience), heat, watering, etc. I found that it comes to a stop after the 6th week of flowering. Since the plants are smaller, they will not gain too much height. With the stalk exposed, you should develop a variety of colas. As the plants energy is pumped into all of the colas and photosynthesis happens faster due to their exposure to the light, less is pumped into the top cola. This cuts down the overall height and balances the upward growth into the entire plant as opposed to the one top cola.

Great info, HH. I had no idea.

What I'm hoping is to wait until the stretch is finished to transplant into a wider pot giving more room. I remember another journal where root bound became a bud size issue or something. What do you think about that? Would it stress it to transplant that late?

It will stress to transplant at any time. Try to stray away from transplanting during flowering unless you have to. Rootbound can definately affect your yield. My last micro became rootbound and what I did was cut out the bottem of the plasic pot and place in inside a larger one. Even that stressed a bit. Do what you have to to fit into your constraints, though.

Times have been busy, but I have a quick update.

I'm definitely having some yellowing issues on the 2 plants in 1 box. The other 2 plants in the other box are fine. Buds are progressing, but I have nothing to gage it against really.

Here's the yellowing:

IMG_4811.JPG

I'm giving sea tea, so I should have the right nutrients going in. I may have a PH issue or something. Any ideas?

I'm about 30 days into flowering. Guess I have Until right around April 1st or so. Does everything seem normal, beyond the yellowing anyway?

I've LST'd all, but one plant and it's staying short and bushy for some reason.
It's the happiest plant right now.

IMG_4794.JPG

Here's some random pics from today.

IMG_4806.JPG

IMG_4792.JPG

That's the update!:grinjoint:
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated:peace:

Could also be working towards being rootbound. Isn't some N def. common during flowering?

niice micro's man!

Thanks, guys. I gave more nutes in my water. Hopefully it will get the nitrogen in there.

I'm going to get something to check my PH, too.

Thanks, guys. Berry, there's is no doubt on the N. I think my PH is screwed. I said I was going to take care of that, but things have been CRAZY. Things are still progressing, though it seems slow. I only have 3 weeks left in theory.

I have made a promise to myself to try and remedy the situation this weekend. Too much time to have screw it up now.

I'll update again soon with pics. Appreciate the input.
:peace:

Another dry spell between updates, but here are a couple pics. I think they are definitely behind, or just going to be small. That was the idea, though.:cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_4971.JPG

But if I can hold on at least 2 more weeks without killing them, I should at least get some harvest. It's smelling very sweet at this point. I'm loving the smell.

IMG_4975.JPG

These guys are pretty bushy. Should I cut off some of the smallest (they are all small) buds lowest down on the stalk or just see what happens? I haven't done much trimming. Just kind of watching and watering now.

Man, it seems like it's been a year. :smokin:

time seems to stop when they grow.lol you start thinking youre a plant and stuff :p lol i think trimming slows down the growth. stunts em or something.but dont worry bro at that stage you can have a haverst.lol may not be the BEST or A LOT of it , but im sure it'll get high!

Back
Top Bottom