Preflower pollen?

gunja

Hi there, I have a 5week old plant indoors under 18/6 lighting and i think it is showing male preflowers. was wondering do these preflowers produce any polen? i have 10 other plants vegging in the room but they are only two weeks old. Im wanting to keep the plant for a week or 2 longer so i can take clones to practice on and then ill cull it.

The other plants are only 2 weeks old.:rofl:

Even if female, they are weeks away from even developing pre flowers.:popcorn:

Yes, you have some time to practice on your male.

DD

Do you have a source or anything to back that up because every where I've read pollen isn't developed until flowering.

Nothing I've read either.:peace:

But, it must be true if it came from the internet.:rofl:

DD

:peace:I was mixed up i guess thought i read it here but i cant find it maybe these statments influenced my guess.

"Staminate plants tend to flower up to one month earlier than pistillate plants; however, pistillate plants often differentiate primordia one to two weeks before staminate plants"

"Just prior to dehiscence, the pollen nucleus divides to produce a small reproductive cell accompanied by a large vegetative cell, both of which are contained within the mature pollen grain"
So i say it would have to be mature to produce I am positive that male pre flowers do have pollen but It is not usefull at all

here it the link for te refrence
Marijuana Botany Chapter 1 - Sinsemilla Life Cycle of Cannabis

oh wow thanks guys for all the input, think i might just rip it to be safe...

Play with it and make a clone or 2.

Might want to do a bit of a cross, who knows?:yummy:

DD

I'm with Droopy,
Clone that puppy, Keep one for selective breeding purposes(bonsai it). never can practice cloning enough, some strains like big clones some like small ones, what does your strain like? Don't know? clone the hell out of it. it's fun you can try different rooting hormones, techniques, temps ,rooting mediums all kinds of fun stuff without having to worry about losing one of your ladies. Practice , practice , practice experience is the best teacher.

I'm with Droopy,
Clone that puppy, Keep one for selective breeding purposes(bonsai it). never can practice cloning enough, some strains like big clones some like small ones, what does your strain like? Don't know? clone the hell out of it. it's fun you can try different rooting hormones, techniques, temps ,rooting mediums all kinds of fun stuff without having to worry about losing one of your ladies. Practice , practice , practice experience is the best teacher.

Totally amazing answer! PERFECT, I just started cloning using the Root Riot kit, all is well so far! 5 Chemdawg clones and 4 Black Tahoes (my own cross of Tahoe OG x Black Domina)

Back
Top Bottom