PreFlowers In Veg

Mayne

Hey people,

90 day veg right now, and getting preflowers under 16/8.

Does that mean i have to flip? I would rather not, because I just transplanted into 10gallonfabic pot today, in straight cocoloco. I also wanted to top again, because wasnt planning on Flipping for another 3-4 weeks.

So, now what?

should i run her 24/7 light? Maybe like 2 hours off or something?

Thanks,

FireOGday90-6.png

FireOGday90-1.png

FireOGday90-2.png

My advice would be to just carry on as you were. Showing sex is totally normal at a certain age and indicates she's sexually mature and ready to flower. But it doesn't mean she's starting to bud.
I've never run 18/6 for veg so am not familiar with it. If you're worried about things you could switch to something more 'normal' like 18/6, but unless you have good reason to think trouble is brewing, it's not necessarily necessary;)

16/8 with that much veg time may be enough to cause that to happen. Most photoperiod plants run 18/6 as weasel mentioned or 20/4. Not sure what strain you're growing but unless you're looking for a monster you're not far from flipping.

Yeah Weasel, thats what I figured u meant.

Sam, This is a FireOG. And yeah, I want a monster plant, lol..

Thats why i transplanted her into the 10gallon, in hopes of getting the most from her.

Right now, under the PerfectSun mini, but flower will be using 4pc Luminus cxb22,s cobs.

So everything is dialed in to get best harvest as possible. She is 19inches wide right now, and plant to scrog .

Can I top her still?

Nutes, Im using MegaCrop and calmag, but will be using Open seaseme ( foxfarm ) in the first 3 weeks of flower.

You can top whenever you like. But from the looks of her- at least if it was me I would prefer a few less tops- and would thin out a few between now and when she's budding properly. In early flowering so many budsites grow out of various nooks, that I usually end up removing dozens and dozens of them. Better to have fewer medium sized buds with airflow than a mess of small ones imo.

Also - I guess mainly what I'm blathering about is that -topping to increase the number of budsites, if that's what you have in mind I'm not sure, is unnecessary at this point. Budsites grow up everywhere - all you have to do is bend and spread the branches out sideways and you'll soon have more tops than you'll ever want.

Right on, I grew her out before, this is a seed from this plant. She doesnt stretch much as you can see, so like you said, Im laying the bigger branches out to get more node growth from the inside. I do know, once I flip, not much vertical growth happens. I want as many colas as i can.
Thanks Weasel
driz3.png

driz6.png

driz8.png

frost1.png

I see. Yeah my plants are maybe a bit more stretchy. More sativas. Some of them are pretty weedy and bushy. Maybe different lighting.
One tip for you when I see all that string. Oke of the very best tools in my grow room is- pipe cleaners. You can get big bags of them cheap at any dollar store type place. I use them for all my various types of plant training. I drill a bunch of holes around the rim of my pots to attach to. No need to tie anything- a simple 180 kink at each end is usually enough to hold it - add a twist/overlap if you need extra security. A simple tug undoes the pipe cleaner when it's time to remove it. Sometimes a large plant with have 3 or 4 dozen pipe cleaners on it, and at harvest I go around tugging them all off - harvesting pipe cleaners to throw in the bucket and reuse many more times. I also use them to tie on splints when I break a limb- to hang wires and tools up with, and probably for other stuff I'm forgetting.

yeah,lol, looks like a blimp tied down,lol.. I just use cooking string and tape, pretty easy on plastic pots,.. Was going to use the string again, and use the meat needle to get thru the fabric bag. Does any of the fiber come off the pipecleaners?

something else, with this strain, I only need to tie it down, then like 3 days later, the branch stiffins and i can untie without it bouncing back up

thats a small plant for being vegged so long. id be inclined to flip because without more light your aren't going to get any more bud. don't change the light cycle, its been on 16/8 a long time and messing with light will cause problems. in coco plants grow rapidly so you either haven't got enough light and or you haven't been feeding frequently enough.

yeah, she is small. The other was too. I think its the light to be honest. PS mini..

In the process of building new light.

and, probably not enough water/food.

Im in Cocoloco, and wasnt sure how to water it, or the PH, now, im watering everyday and PH at 5.5 ( liquid test )

might throw my Mars300 in and see if that makes a differance. ( Modded Mars300 with lenses and 4000k diodes.)

ok, threw in the Modded Mars, thats only half working. I put it at the same distance in PAR that the mini was at. Getting 500PAR in center. I have to move the light around tho, because the footprint is crap. currently using 64 watts,lol.

Back
Top Bottom