Preflowers producing new leaf growth instead of pistils/pollen sacks

kaboom82

420 Member
Hello.
I have a couple plants (scooby snacks) started from seed. Of the 2 I suspected early on to go male due to "crab claws" (no stems, though) I've been watching them develop leaves from the preflower instead of pistils or bananas/sacs. In my nearly 10 years of growing I have never come across this. Have shown this to a couple growers with far more experience than me who are also stumped.

Also, to confuse things further the one that showed female early (big healthy pistils), there is also the odd preflower on that also producing leaves from preflower.

These pics are almost a week old, I will take some more later today but there's not much change in state other than typical veg growth.

This is male suspect #1

Different angle of male suspect#1

This is showing the pistils of the "girl"

and this is the next node below on the "girl" showing leaf growth from preflower.

Anyone come across this? Im having a hard time finding any literature on this issue.
Thanks.

Still kinda hard to tell. Give it a few more days. even if it's a male he's no harm to any female yet

For sure, I wont pull anything until I see Pollen Balls. In fact I just found Pistils on another one of the plants doing this so now there are 2/3 that will be girls at best...hermies at least.

So the plant titled above as "Male Suspect #1" has popped a few sets of pistils at the top. I wish I had taken pictures of the crab claws before they turned to leaf. Most here, including myself would have been 90% sure it was going to sprout balls. This is exactly why I wait to see the actual balls. Not out of the woods yet, but at least a step in the right direction.

So the plant titled above as "Male Suspect #1" has popped a few sets of pistils at the top. I wish I had taken pictures of the crab claws before they turned to leaf. Most here, including myself would have been 90% sure it was going to sprout balls. This is exactly why I wait to see the actual balls. Not out of the woods yet, but at least a step in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom