Pregnant

What is your view: okay to toke while pregnant?

• Hell no!!!!!

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • Sneak a toke here and there.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Okay if doctor is aware and permits.

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Everyday!!!!!

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cornfed.23.16

Okay, so I've had to take a break on the whole toking aspect of my usual everyday duties now that I am pregnant. I've researched alot about smoking and being with child. Lots of pros lots of cons. It's almost an undecided realm with professionals. But I decided to stay on the safe side and take a break until after I finish my pregnancy and breastfeeding. I mean shit it's not like marijuana is going anywhere. Maybe I'll be back in a year. But it doesn't change my view on pot issues. I love weed.
I just wanted to hear all of your thoughts on this issue. I'm sure it will be very interesting!!! :laughtwo:

yeah congrats and my aunt swore she was quitting when she got pregnant. she would sneak out to the shed with me and my boyfriend and hit the bowl a few times. never hurt anything and my cousin is normal as can be.

naw i dont think you should jepordize your child yo anything that will slow that or retardize your child should not even be thought about really and you know how you feel after smoking a blunt your baby will feel the same way

i took a hit every now and then when i was pregnant but Im not trying to condone it or anything. My son is perfectly normal and it did help with some unbearable morning sickness.
congrats btw:smokin:

cornfed.23.16 said:
Okay, so I've had to take a break on the whole toking aspect of my usual everyday duties now that I am pregnant. I've researched alot about smoking and being with child. Lots of pros lots of cons. It's almost an undecided realm with professionals. But I decided to stay on the safe side and take a break until after I finish my pregnancy and breastfeeding. I mean shit it's not like marijuana is going anywhere. Maybe I'll be back in a year. But it doesn't change my view on pot issues. I love weed.
I just wanted to hear all of your thoughts on this issue. I'm sure it will be very interesting!!! :laughtwo:

Congrats!:cheesygrinsmiley: ANYTHING you put in your body goes to your child. This includes caffeine from coffee and soda or fatty fast foods. This is why it is sooo important to eat and drink healthy during pregnancy. Would you smoke out your newborn? I hope not. Just because you can't see your baby yet doesn't mean it doesn't feel.

I wouldn't risk it.

Congrats, first of all. I can't see risking smoking cannabis while preggers. The composition of the pot might not be harmful at all but what about the things that you can't see or are unaware of? Heavy metals..pesticides...hmm..you don't know what the grower did to it during the grow. Just one more reason to grow your own. I recently talked to a pregnant, young woman (19 and no it's not mine..I swear!) and told her this: "When the child is born, if there's something wrong with him or her, you'll beat yourself up for the rest of your life wondering if it was the pot or the cigarettes that did it". Smoking ANYTHING puts carbon monoxide (among other things) into the bloodstream which isn't good for any developing baby. Stay on the safe side, give your baby a fresh start into the world. It's only fair.

well, my wife is pregnant right now and still smokes a small amount. no biggie as far as I'm concerned. We'll love our child no matter how she comes out. the reason I'm really not concerned is the fact that my mother-in-law smoked a bone everyday while she was prego with my wife 3 decades ago, and guess what, my wife is exceptionally intelligent, mentally stable, and healthy, so I don't worry.
there's a lot of info out there on the subject, but it doesn't seem as though it's ever been really studied in a lab setting. and of course all the pregnancy websites will tell you not to. but the decision lies with the parents involved.

best of luck to cornfed and all the other moms (to be). :headbanger:

C.Earl said:
well, my wife is pregnant right now and still smokes a small amount. no biggie as far as I'm concerned. We'll love our child no matter how she comes out. the reason I'm really not concerned is the fact that my mother-in-law smoked a bone everyday while she was prego with my wife 3 decades ago, and guess what, my wife is exceptionally intelligent, mentally stable, and healthy, so I don't worry.
there's a lot of info out there on the subject, but it doesn't seem as though it's ever been really studied in a lab setting. and of course all the pregnancy websites will tell you not to. but the decision lies with the parents involved.

best of luck to cornfed and all the other moms (to be). :headbanger:

I've heard that said so many times. "But I know someone else who blazed away while pregnant..blah blah blah". How do you know nothing is wrong? Your wife might be fine, healthy..etc, but how do you know she wasn't meant to be the worlds next super genius that could have come up with answers to make the world a better place? I'm not saying she isn't intelligent but the fact remains, you can't possibly know that something won't go wrong if a woman blazes away while pregnant. If a woman stays clean while growing the most intelligent creature on the face of the earth, she'll never have to wonder "what if".

congratulations.

i have two children, 13 and 4. with the 13 year i couldn't smoke ANYTHING, i woould get sick smelling it, my son has ADHD and a very mild form of autism.

with my 4 year old i smoked every couple of days, he is fine. no problems at all. birth weight was 6 lbs, but low births weight runs in my family, the 13 year old only weighed 6.4 with no smoking.

i think a women that is stressed all the time is more harmful to the baby, so if she uses to calm down, then it is helpful. if she worries about the side effects then she shouldn't smoke at all.

Thank you guys for all the congratulations!!!!!!
I really appreciate all the insight on this very delicate topic. Keep the thoughts coming!!!! And smoke on and on and on and on and on........:bong: :passitleft: :rofl:

Its your option of course but in my opinion, if there was a problem with your pregnancy or childs development.................You would blame yourself for the rest of you life. Just think how good that bud will taste after nine months.:headbanger:

The truth is it's the smoke aspect. Why not vape?your brain and your tiny butterfly's will certainly more in tune. Have a brownie or two, I did..Smoked every day had a healthy one ok. 35 yrs ago before vaping, so I didn't know better. Good luck with it all....Jebus will help.

:headbanger: Congrats to ya ! You got alot of interesting comments , but it looks like you made a sound choice as a mother . And little babies are just fine . I myself was only 4lbs5ozs. :hmmmm: Of course my twin was 5lbs.4ozs. :smokin:

My opinion is that I don't know and I don't trust the qualifications of posters on a message board. However, there is a medical professional who knows you and your unique situation.

Ask your <strike>doctor</strike> care provider. If you don't trust them, why are they catching the baby? If they don't know, there might be some other <strike>MD's</strike> care providers in the area that do know

Well congratulations, I know I'm a little late but what the hell!

I didn't realise I was pregnant with my first born until I was 3 months gone... some 11 years ago and I'd been smoking pot/weed every day for those three months! he was little (but no smaller than any of the other 3) but very healthy and he was a very good baby as he slept alot more than any of the others seemed to, eleven yearson he is a very clever lad but really doesn't try as hard at school like I know he's able!

I didn't smoke anything with the next two but only smoked ciggies with the 4th, all my kids were born healthy and are really bright!

My local G.P. has always known about my smoking habits, I've never hidden it from him, he also never try's to persuade me give!

Back
Top Bottom