Premature Flowers

doggystyle

Help,
1.) Why are my outside clones flowing premature? They were planted on March 12, 2015.
2.) The plants are now starting to rev egg, whats up with that?

Here are some photos to look at, any input will really be appreciated.

More info?
Yes they are revegging. It looks like they're outside. The long daylight hours will make them want to be in veg mode.
When you say ' flowering early' do you mean 'ending flowering early'?
Perhaps they had less than 14 hours daylight when they were young, started budding, then as the days lengthened, switched to veg mode?
If you want to harvest any bud from them, now might be a good time to do that. You could let them reveg, but it's hard to say what you'll end up with by the time they're done flowering all over again. Depends on your climate I suppose since it may be late in the season. You could harvest the top 1/2 or 2/3 of the plant and let the rest grow though, and see what comes out of it.

These plants were planted in mid March 2015. Outside in the upper desert part of Los Angeles County, better known as Lancaster, California. I got the plants from a medical plant store in the valley. These plants started flowering right from the start, and just as the bud started to look and smell like the sticky stuff in them med stores, surprise attack, the plants snap out of the flowering cycle and started to veg. I guess that my next grow will start off with seeds. Starting with seeds, they will get the full benefits of the spring time, without the premature flowering. Veg, Veg for bigger harvest. But anyway, we have about 120 days before it will be mandatory to harvest these because of the desert frost. I hope by then my plants will be of good size for the harvesting, and by the way, thanks for the info....

I've heard of this problem before. It doesn't happen where I live because daylight hours are so long by the time it gets warm enough in spring to plant anything. For you though- mid March would have been 12 and a half hours of daylight, lengthening to 14 and a half hours now. Perfect conditions for this flower/reveg thing to happen.

Back
Top Bottom