PremiumBudzBlondie's Coco +Speed Auto Fem Grow, 2020

Do they look good and healthy for their age?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for the add.

I’d like to get @Backlipslide in here for multiple reasons. He’s an excellent coco grower,He’s got a great how to make a signature link in his profile and he’s my buddy lol

@West Hippie has been giving great advice so far as usual.

Hi @Premiumbudzblondie ,

It looks like you're off to a good start, and remember we want you to say "MY Harvests are Maximum Yield Harvests!" :cool:

Did you prepare your coco properly with a pH 5.8 flush of Cal-Mag before you planted your seeds?

Doing this is very important!

I was going by what I read which is keep it between 6.0 and 7.0

Yes, please get your pH down to around 5.8 for a coco grow. The pH 6.0 to 7.0 range is for soil.

I would suggest you mix up a 3 gallon bucket of feed at pH 5.8 tonight to correct your medium's pH.

Are you going to get a TDS pen to watch the solids ? Plant that size probably 300 ppm .

Just an FYI, @Old Salt and I are spearheading a campaign to encourage growers here at 420 to use the universal measurement of EC (Electrical Conductivity) so we can help them better. The ppm measurement is simply way too confusing and makes diagnosing pH issues too complicated. Thanks for your cooperation ;)

ppm :rip:

Here's a snippet from an article I recently wrote:

We choose to use an EC [Electrical Conductivity (µS/cm)] value because it is the universally accepted measurement for nutrient strength.

Note: Unfortunately, utilizing a ppm value is too confusing because of the varying scales used by different TDS pen manufacturers:

500 or NaCl (sodium chloride) scale
550 or KCl (potassium chloride) scale
640 or dimensionless scale for the European market
700 or dimensionless scale for the Australian market

Actually, I am just finishing up using my Advanced Nutrients coco products because they are ridiculously expensive, and I am transitioning to MegaCrop.

I would suggest you switch over to Green Leaf Nutrients MegaCrop when you run out of Advanced Nutrients products. You can get a free sample from them online from their website. And there is a great MegaCrop crew here to support you when you do.

It looks like you can start your LST soon if you want - here's a few great pics from @Preston9mm (he grows in coco too if you want to follow his journal) :

2020-02-04-20-21-31.jpg

2020-02-04-20-20-07.jpg

Hi @Premiumbudzblondie ,

It looks like you're off to a good start, and remember we want you to say "MY Harvests are Maximum Yield Harvests!" :cool:

Did you prepare your coco properly with a pH 5.8 flush of Cal-Mag before you planted your seeds?

Doing this is very important!

Yes, please get your pH down to around 5.8 for a coco grow. The pH 6.0 to 7.0 range is for soil.

I would suggest you mix up a 3 gallon bucket of feed at pH 5.8 tonight to correct your medium's pH.

Just an FYI, @Old Salt and I are spearheading a campaign to encourage growers here at 420 to use the universal measurement of EC (Electrical Conductivity) so we can help them better. The ppm measurement is simply way too confusing and makes diagnosing pH issues too complicated. Thanks for your cooperation ;)

ppm :rip:

Here's a snippet from an article I recently wrote:

We choose to use an EC [Electrical Conductivity (µS/cm)] value because it is the universally accepted measurement for nutrient strength.

Note: Unfortunately, utilizing a ppm value is too confusing because of the varying scales used by different TDS pen manufacturers:

500 or NaCl (sodium chloride) scale
550 or KCl (potassium chloride) scale
640 or dimensionless scale for the European market
700 or dimensionless scale for the Australian market

Actually, I am just finishing up using my Advanced Nutrients coco products because they are ridiculously expensive, and I am transitioning to MegaCrop.

I would suggest you switch over to Green Leaf Nutrients MegaCrop when you run out of Advanced Nutrients products. You can get a free sample from them online from their website. And there is a great MegaCrop crew here to support you when you do.
When on the blue lab site reading about my meter they consider EC a conversation piece. I know of the different scales which I use the Hanna scale 500 . I produce this scale from 420 to help them out so no confusion at all.
5058BF32-012E-46A5-9EE0-6AF2A5E0F72B.png

When on the blue lab site reading about my meter they consider EC a conversation piece. I know of the different scales which I use the Hanna scale 500 . I produce this scale from 420 to help them out so no confusion at all.

Hey @West Hippie , that's great!

And I will use it if someone doesn't have EC available.

Thanks for the add.

I’d like to get @Backlipslide in here for multiple reasons. He’s an excellent coco grower,He’s got a great how to make a signature link in his profile and he’s my buddy lol

@West Hippie has been giving great advice so far as usual.
Thank you and welcome. The more the merrier because I'm clueless what I'm doing

Wow alot of awesome information thank you, I didnt properly buffer my coco which is probably why I had alot of issues in the beginning, I just made a new water/feed schedule and plan. I'm gonna see how it works over the course of a few weeks. All input and advice is welcome. Thank you for following along and supporting me in my first grow. I will have to look at that line as I was about to switch to technaflora after the AN was gone.

Back
Top Bottom