Preparing for my first small grow: excited but a bit overwhelmed

kardo6791

420 Member
My wife surprised me and ordered me a Mini Complete Pot Grow kit from the "aPotforPot" company. She's noticing my cabin fever, and felt this could help me relieve some stress. I've always been interested in growing; she just gave me the push I needed to get started. She also purchased 5 seeds (Blueberry Autoflower). I feel that I follow the instructions in the kit, the 'one' seed has a good chance of producing.

I don't want to store the other four seeds, so I'm looking to procure the needed items to get those started as well. The last few days I've been reading a lot on growing techniques, soil, nutrients, supplements, pH levels, etc; its a bit overwhelming for a beginner. I only have a small patio, so the plants will be indoor most of time.

From everything I've read so far, below is what I think is most needed for a beginner:

(4) 1 gallon fabric pots (staying small for lack of space)
drip trays
Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil
Perlite (30/70 split)
pH pen (needed?)
A 250W LED light (can support 4-5 plants if i do low-stress training?)
General Organics Go Box for nutrients (?)

It would be great to get some feedback if I'm at least headed in the right direction. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome @kardo6791 to :420:

I'm actually just coming towards the end of my first grow which has Auto blueberry, mind you I'm growing hydroponic (ebb and flow).

Now...that light...what's the actual wall draw for watts?

Your definitely off to a great start! And I 2and the TDS and Ph meter!

Edit to add...what do you have for ventilation?

Blue lab my friend, last ones youll need! expensive but the best in the industry! worth every penny!

I reccomend a soil ph pen for soil and solutions. and a ppm pen. They have a pen and a big long truncheon. I have all 3 but i recclmend soil pb pn and ppm pen. Truncheon is for big resevoirs really but is apparently the best. They are all good:) Top of the line;) pay for themselves first grow

Welcome and ur in for a ride lol do u kno if that is that true 250w or equivalent? What size tent ya got?
Thanks for the reply. I wish I had space for a tent; was planning to cordon off some counter space for them and use an LED light. I can take out them in the sunlight during the day. That's probably the best I can do.

Welcome @kardo6791 to :420:

I'm actually just coming towards the end of my first grow which has Auto blueberry, mind you I'm growing hydroponic (ebb and flow).

Now...that light...what's the actual wall draw for watts?

Your definitely off to a great start! And I 2and the TDS and Ph meter!

Edit to add...what do you have for ventilation?
Hello, thanks for the reply. Not sure on the wall draw. I won't be using be using a tent so I haven't even began thinking of watt requirements or ventilation. I will definitely look into a PH/TDS meter.

Back
Top Bottom