Prepping my first DWC questions

yes rapid rooters are the way to go as mentioned glad to see that is what you are going with . I germinate mine via paper towel method and when the tap root is about 3/4" I take a "CLEAN" razor blade and cut a slit into the center and gently place the seeding in in and then put them in a seeding tray with a dome. I have had fantastic success doing this and once rooted put them in your medium of choice . In hydro just make sure that the bottom of the cube is at least 1/4 above the water level as they will draw up water and that can cause issues . Happy growing .
You cut the taproot?

You cut the taproot?

I am not trying to answer for anyone but it was my understanding he cut the rapid rooter like a hot dog bun so he could gently put the taproot deep into the rooter.

I am not trying to answer for anyone but it was my understanding he cut the rapid rooter like a hot dog bun so he could gently put the taproot deep into the rooter.
Gotcha. My bad.

that is exactly what I do .

not awkward at all brother ...for my clone run in my main this coming round its clones into root riot cubes then into 3x3 or 4x4 rockwool cubes to finish blowing out a dense root zone and into the system they go . I just prefer rr for starting seedlings .
Yeah i find the rr give better growth for the first week.

Yeah i find the rr give better growth for the first week.
I do agree , but they are also so easy to work with and you don't have to presoak to get the ph right . The are my go to for starting seedlings.

I do agree , but they are also so easy to work with and you don't have to presoak to get the ph right . The are my go to for starting seedlings.
Ever tried air pruning with them mate? That's my next experiment.
Score the stem,
rub in clonex,
Cut re in half and wrap it round with clingfilm.
2 weeks later they should be ready to cut off the plant and pot straight away.
Sounds easy enough but time will tell :)

I have not although I might one day...However it's just as easy to take a clone and throw it in my cloner and it's a done deal...I also just recently took one of my clones that's in a 3in net pot and stuck it into a Mason jar fill it 3/4 of pH nutes and it's been doing wonderful actually no air stones or anything and no issues which I might do it more often can even keep a small mother plant that way and be issue free which is awesome

I have not although I might one day...However it's just as easy to take a clone and throw it in my cloner and it's a done deal...I also just recently took one of my clones that's in a 3in net pot and stuck it into a Mason jar fill it 3/4 of pH nutes and it's been doing wonderful actually no air stones or anything and no issues which I might do it more often can even keep a small mother plant that way and be issue free which is awesome
I've had mixed results from my cloning techniques. Never grown any of them, just been practicing the art. At best I'm getting 50/50. No areocloner though, I do realise those are pretty full proof but I've got enough pumps and all that buzzin away as it is. Trying to get away from my dependance on pumps. Life's easier without them.

Hows it goin anyway mr canuk? Got anything bubblin yet?
Sadly no, I've been waiting for the auto seeds to be delivered by mail, I'm just a couple of days past the 15 business days delivery via regular mail so it's been a wait! Hopefully they come in this week, on my first order I chose regular delivery as well and they arrived within a week!

I've had mixed results from my cloning techniques. Never grown any of them, just been practicing the art. At best I'm getting 50/50. No areocloner though, I do realise those are pretty full proof but I've got enough pumps and all that buzzin away as it is. Trying to get away from my dependance on pumps. Life's easier without them.

Ya I agree on pumps and all however for a cloner the pumps are tiny so watts isn't a issue...The cloner I'm using is a superponics cloner which is a dwc cloner with top feed..So I have used it with airstones and without and just run the top fed x3 a day and it works however running the air stones they do grow much faster of course but sometimes thats not what your needing so no air stones helps with that...Or do what I did with the Mason jar method as I've been running it like that for less than 2 weeks but so far so good and zero issues with doing it that way esp with the clear jar and the roots but zero algae so I'm gna keep it going and see how it does as I may use it again in the future esp how easy it is and u don't have to use a 3in net pot u can use a root riot and cut a hole in the lid if not too or a cloner...I am going to be building a new cloner which will be lpa setup I'm also thinking about doing a fogponics cloner or even a hybrid of the two actually and see how I like it the fogponics should work out lovely for clones and seeds and even in veg possibly until I put them in my rdwc veg tent.. as with 300ppm the fogger should work out great at low ppm as the issue with them is they like to pretty much eat some of the ppm which is why they don't work too well in bloom as they have too many issues clogging etc but with cloning and pre veg even I think they will work greAt
IMG_20190816_160545.jpg
IMG_20190811_164633.jpg

No air? That's amazing

No air? That's amazing
Yes no air or flooming or anything...However keep in mind they have only been in there for about 2 weeks now only the 2nd pic was the day I put them in and they were a lil deffcient and are doing just fine now....And I did have my airpump unplugged in my cloner for about a month and they did fine too however I had to do a res change about weekly or as needed but no biggie when it's a few gallons and like 5ml of nutes only but ya I am still shocked how well the Mason jar is working out actually...Now I will try the Mason jar with a fresh clone and see how it does in rooting actually which it maybe a issue with but if it works for rooted clones only it can still work if need be....

Yes no air or flooming or anything...However keep in mind they have only been in there for about 2 weeks now only the 2nd pic was the day I put them in and they were a lil deffcient and are doing just fine now....And I did have my airpump unplugged in my cloner for about a month and they did fine too however I had to do a res change about weekly or as needed but no biggie when it's a few gallons and like 5ml of nutes only but ya I am still shocked how well the Mason jar is working out actually...Now I will try the Mason jar with a fresh clone and see how it does in rooting actually which it maybe a issue with but if it works for rooted clones only it can still work if need be....
That really is crazy amazing.

So no nutrients? Just table water and they are off to the races?

You had a cloner with plants in it for a month?

15662425625643822619885433400400.jpg

Here's a pic I just took....And yeah I would say don't believe everything you read.....
15662429242521469365246539552560.jpg

And here's where the plants live as well....So I'm not too sure how this would work if you used rockwool as I always had algae on mine and that may effect it vs me using root riot cubes....What's crazy is I was just trying it as a experiment as I don't like the growth pattern of them and going to toss them anyways so it wasn't a big deal if they would perish so perfect time for a experiment that I'm going to test out more now and maybe using it more often...fuck for a small male plant would work great actually and I think I'm gna do that the next male I have that I like and want pollen from I'm def gna try it vs the 5gal dwc bucket I usually use for males....

Back
Top Bottom