Prescription Blend Nutrients: Discussion, Pics & Test Growers Wanted

Prescription Blend

Greetings 420Mag! I am very happy to have the opportunity to be here as a sponsor representing Prescription Blend Nutrients.

We are creating this thread as a place for people to ask questions, post pics, give their opinions etc. To get that discussion going we need to get our nutrients sent out and that's where you come in. Read to the bottom for details.

Our Background: We are a two family business located in Saint Helens, Oregon and started developing our own nutrient formulas in 2007 while running a combine medical grow. After spending several years improving the results we deciding to shut down our flower room to brew bigger batches of nutrients in late 2019.

Prescription Blend is a 6 part nutrient program that can be used in Hydroponics, Coco or Soil. Our formulations are brewed using Organic Non-GMO plant extracts and minerals taken from biological and natural sources with some traditional ingredients used where needed to complete the nutrient profile. The program is designed to be versatile across growing styles, deliver the results you expect after spending months in the garden and easy enough to use that your inexperienced relative could step in to help in a pinch.. (Seriously, made so my own mother could use it) . While we understand that people have many different preferences and methods of growing, Prescription Blend will never use synthetic growth enhancers or PGR's in any of our formulas. Our philosophy is to provide the same types of things that would be found in natural environments in a form that is easily used by the plant and root zone organisms and just let the plants to do what they do and grow.

Core A and Core B provide the base macro and micro nutrients needed throughout the entire growth cycle from start to harvest. These are combine with the other components in our feeding program depending on the stage of growth.

Bio-Si is an amino acid-silica complex and is made from multiple silica sources combine with plant derived Organic Non-GMO amino acids. Bio-Si improves resistance to environmental stress and helps support heavy flowers by increasing cell wall rigidity.

Big "Data" is a Phosphorus and Potassium supplement that helps drive enzyme function and increase sugar production during flower. Big “Data” got its name from the countless test cycles and comparison of results we performed to finalize this component.

Kelp-Ful delivers natural components and trace elements kelp species harvested from Tasmania to the North Atlantic and fully chelated with Organic Fulvic Acid extracted by fermentation of plant materials.

Precursor 1 feeds root zone microorganisms and help increase trichome density and terpene/essential oil content by naturally supporting the plants jasmonic acid biological pathway.

Refer to labels for nutrient levels and ingredients.

Label Info.jpg

As said above: This thread is an introduction to a relatively new product, we want to start a discussion and get your feedback. Being growers ourselves, we know that the opinions of growers like those of you here matter MUCH more then anything we say.

We have added our nutrient kit to the prize packs for each monthly contest here at 420mag so be sure to enter. For those of you who don't get the honor of winning but are still interested in trying our nutrient line and sharing your experience here at 420mag we would love to sponsor a few rounds of grow journals. Here is what we are looking for:

Experience: Any - we would like to have some new growers as well as some with many past harvests.

Media: Any - our nutrients are intended to be versatile so the best way to show that is...

Lighting: Any - there are many good choices and it would be great to have a range.

Water Source: Any - common water types were accounted and pH should automatically balance to 5.8-6.4 (RO users will need pH up).

Training Style: Any - there's a trend here, we just want a good spread of techniques.

If your interested please send us a DM or contact via email and include your member name or a link to your profile: matt@prescriptionblend.com

I will respond as soon as I can but please be patient as I'm only one person. When I get a chance to respond I'll ask a few questions about your setup, when you can get started and some other details. Due to our shipping restraints this is open to people in the USA only at this time.

Glad to have you aboard as a sponsor and welcome to 420Mag. I am not an organic style grower myself but I will sit in om these discussions to learn about your products. There are lots of organic growers here that will be eager to try this out I'm sure. If I ever decide to switch over and try organic products I'll check these out.

Thanks again for being here as a sponsor

Glad to have you aboard as a sponsor and welcome to 420mag. I am not an organic style grower myself but I will sit in om these discussions to learn about your products. There are lots of organic growers here that will be eager to try this out I'm sure. If I ever decide to switch over and try organic products I'll check these out.

Thanks again for being here as a sponsor
Our nutrients are not registered OMRI and are not fully organic, we use a combination of organic and traditional ingredients. When we do use mineral sources we focus on natural minerals that are produced/deposited by micro organisms etc.

We tried to get the best out of the organic ingredients without the excess solids that end up clogging lines and building up in hydro. Our solutions wont cause the standard issues found with organic solutions in your drip lines and res tanks.

@Prescription Blend ok good to know. I guess because I seen the word organic so many times it kind of made me think that. Thanks for the quick reply and clearing that up. I do see that you say it works in hydro and soiless as well so that's good news. I'm sure you will attract some attention of the growers from this post.

Fascinating stuff, really! I love the approach of all natural fertigation. I’m curious about the quality compared to fully organic living soil. Have you had any testing done on flower grown with your nutrients?

Fascinating stuff, really! I love the approach of all natural fertigation. I’m curious about the quality compared to fully organic living soil. Have you had any testing done on flower grown with your nutrients?
@ChefDGreen thanks for the questions and the DM, looking forward getting you a nutrient kit and seeing your grow progress.

-------------------
I do like your questions so I'm going to post these in the main thread for others to read as well.

Question: If we’re adding solubles to the irrigation water, how is that affecting the microbial population?

Answer: Our product line does not list active microbes on our label due to registration barriers for that type of product but we do use active fermentation processes so we know they're in there.

I'm going to say some things you obviously know but for the other readers... the microbe population in a supplemented soil with added AACT digests organic matter and produces byproducts that feed the plants. Adding any brand of soluble nutrients to this kind of system in excess is, FROM THE MICROBES PERSPECTIVE, like adding their own waste into the soil and can be a negative if done improperly. When you have an active microbe population you want to maintain this in balance with the rest of the system and only add liquid nutrients as needed to supplement the natural processes.

Natural soils are a mix of organic matter, rock/minerals and water. This mixture cycles nutrients in the environment and we have done our best to recreate this effect on a small scale. We use several processes including fermentation to take these plant materials, kelp and other nutrient sources and make a liquid solution that is a middle ground and our best way to put these components into a product that can be used by people that can't run compost piles.

Our nutrients are designed to deliver everything the plants need in a liquid solution.

If your running a system that has an active, amended substrate then I would recommend using a lower concentration mix. Its hard to say a specific amount without knowing the in's/out's of your setup but I'll leave it to your judgement when I say that you should feed based on how your garden looks and you can certainly tag me in a post if you want my opinion.

Question: How alive is the soil in gardens using your nutrient line? Can I supplement with or alternate a watering of EM-1/other probiotic blends?

Answer: We used as many beneficial microbes on our gardens as possible. You can absolutely supplement with EM-1 or any other good brand of beneficial bacteria/fungi or use your own brewed AACT. Our nutrients are compatible with any or your standard options.

Question: Do you have any suggestions on foliar feeding with your product? I would love to be able to add a foliar regiment (macros/minerals/microbes) to really get the plants driving optimally.

Answer: People have a lot of different methods when it comes to foliar feeding but our take on the topic is that it should be done as a secondary method when plants are under root stress or if there are other specific deficiencies since roots are selective to take in only what the plant needs. Since some nutrients are absorbed more easily through the leave, as a rule of thumb, foliar feeding can be done at 25% strength.

Greetings 420Mag! I am very happy to have the opportunity to be here as a sponsor representing Prescription Blend Nutrients.

We are creating this thread as a place for people to ask questions, post pics, give their opinions etc. To get that discussion going we need to get our nutrients sent out and that's where you come in. Read to the bottom for details.

Our Background: We are a two family business located in Saint Helens, Oregon and started developing our own nutrient formulas in 2007 while running a combine medical grow. After spending several years improving the results we deciding to shut down our flower room to brew bigger batches of nutrients in late 2019.

Prescription Blend is a 6 part nutrient program that can be used in Hydroponics, Coco or Soil. Our formulations are brewed using Organic Non-GMO plant extracts and minerals taken from biological and natural sources with some traditional ingredients used where needed to complete the nutrient profile. The program is designed to be versatile across growing styles, deliver the results you expect after spending months in the garden and easy enough to use that your inexperienced relative could step in to help in a pinch.. (Seriously, made so my own mother could use it) . While we understand that people have many different preferences and methods of growing, Prescription Blend will never use synthetic growth enhancers or PGR's in any of our formulas. Our philosophy is to provide the same types of things that would be found in natural environments in a form that is easily used by the plant and root zone organisms and just let the plants to do what they do and grow.

Core A and Core B provide the base macro and micro nutrients needed throughout the entire growth cycle from start to harvest. These are combine with the other components in our feeding program depending on the stage of growth.

Bio-Si is an amino acid-silica complex and is made from multiple silica sources combine with plant derived Organic Non-GMO amino acids. Bio-Si improves resistance to environmental stress and helps support heavy flowers by increasing cell wall rigidity.

Big "Data" is a Phosphorus and Potassium supplement that helps drive enzyme function and increase sugar production during flower. Big “Data” got its name from the countless test cycles and comparison of results we performed to finalize this component.

Kelp-Ful delivers natural components and trace elements kelp species harvested from Tasmania to the North Atlantic and fully chelated with Organic Fulvic Acid extracted by fermentation of plant materials.

Precursor 1 feeds root zone microorganisms and help increase trichome density and terpene/essential oil content by naturally supporting the plants jasmonic acid biological pathway.

Refer to labels for nutrient levels and ingredients.

Label Info.jpg

As said above: This thread is an introduction to a relatively new product, we want to start a discussion and get your feedback. Being growers ourselves, we know that the opinions of growers like those of you here matter MUCH more then anything we say.

We have added our nutrient kit to the prize packs for each monthly contest here at 420mag so be sure to enter. For those of you who don't get the honor of winning but are still interested in trying our nutrient line and sharing your experience here at 420mag we would love to sponsor a few rounds of grow journals. Here is what we are looking for:

Experience: Any - we would like to have some new growers as well as some with many past harvests.

Media: Any - our nutrients are intended to be versatile so the best way to show that is...

Lighting: Any - there are many good choices and it would be great to have a range.

Water Source: Any - common water types were accounted and pH should automatically balance to 5.8-6.4 (RO users will need pH up).

Training Style: Any - there's a trend here, we just want a good spread of techniques.

If your interested please send us a DM or contact via email and include your member name or a link to your profile: matt@prescriptionblend.com

I will respond as soon as I can but please be patient as I'm only one person. When I get a chance to respond I'll ask a few questions about your setup, when you can get started and some other details. Due to our shipping restraints this is open to people in the USA only at this time.
As usual us Canadians get nothing. Bestva no light for Canadian members , now probably a great new product we won't get either. Seems lately the only free offer we get comes from the snow man. Happy growing to our wonderful American friends. Let us know what we missed.

As usual us Canadians get nothing. Bestva no light for Canadian members , now probably a great new product we won't get either. Seems lately the only free offer we get comes from the snow man. Happy growing to our wonderful American friends. Let us know what we missed.
You know bill, there are things here in Canada that they can't get elsewhere as well. The nutrients I use for example, only available in Canada. That's the issue with a lot of nutrients, some of them just can't be sent across the border. That being said, sometimes where there's a will, there's a way.

420 mag isn't about free offers though, and some companies can only do so much. I know it sucks not having everything available to us here in Canada as far as offers go but we need to look on the bright side of things, there could be no sponsors and without sponsors no forum.

Hope you have a great rest of your weekend

You know bill, there are things here in Canada that they can't get elsewhere as well. The nutrients I use for example, only available in Canada. That's the issue with a lot of nutrients, some of them just can't be sent across the border. That being said, sometimes where there's a will, there's a way.

420 mag isn't about free offers though, and some companies can only do so much. I know it sucks not having everything available to us here in Canada as far as offers go but we need to look on the bright side of things, there could be no sponsors and without sponsors no forum.

Hope you have a great rest of your weekend
Well put my friend you are a very wise man.
I apologize i should not have amped in previous post. After reading about the new nutrient line and getting disappointed yet again I posted with out thinking.
You are 100% right.

I think I would be a PERFECT person to test your products and here's why.

1. I am in the upcoming 420 Magazine site wide sponsored comparative grow.

2. I am a retired mature, honest, and objective man who is skeptical of products such as yours. To that end I would use it and review it honestly and fairly after thorough testing.

3. I love growing cannabis and I love experimenting, your product would allow me to experiment using your new products.

4. I have grown enough plants to be able to determine if your product does indeed work and smart enough to be able to express why I think so.

I am open for consideration as I get ready for the upcoming 420 Magazine comparative grow

Well put my friend you are a very wise man.
I apologize i should not have amped in previous post. After reading about the new nutrient line and getting disappointed yet again I posted with out thinking.
You are 100% right.
I appreciate your enthusiasm! It is true that there are somethings you just can't really send to every location and I know what it's like not to get what you want. @dick23rk is correct that, at least once in a while, you might find what your looking for. Sent you a DM to get some details to see if there is a way...

I am a participant in the 420 Magazine and @Weed Seeds Express comparative grow and will be using the @Prescription Blend Nutrient line in my grow. If you would be interested to follow along to see how well it works feel free to click on the link below which will take you straight to my journal. Please say hello when if you do pop in.

I appreciate your enthusiasm! It is true that there are somethings you just can't really send to every location and I know what it's like not to get what you want. @dick23rk is correct that, at least once in a while, you might find what your looking for. Sent you a DM to get some details to see if there is a way...

Once you open up further into Canada let me/us know, I'm highly interested in trying your products in my hydroponic system.

:Namaste:

Once you open up further into Canada let me/us know, I'm highly interested in trying your products in my hydroponic system.

:Namaste:
How are you my friend? @Rexer . Funny enough mine have gone from Dakota to San Francisco to Vancouver then today some where else in Canada probably YYZ ;) I'm so excited to use them all my feed back has been so positive. Maby Amazon here will sell @Prescription Blend once covid is gone and things move better ,every supplier here has some stuff back ordered from last April. I have a bunch of Gelatos ready to go into coco. Hopefully Monday if Canada post is hustling. I'm really looking forward to this one. I've used the same brand a long time.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom