Prescription's Closed Curcuit Soil Grow

Prescription

To wet the appetite...
I am unable to start back up right now working out of country but It has not stopped me from making plans. One of those plans is to document this grow from start to finish. I am starting the thread now so that I can gather advice. I want to be able to hit the road running. Here are the basics of my plan..

My goal on this new one is to have a 100% closed loop system or as close as I can get to one. I want complete control of the atmosphere including temp humidity co2. To do this I have to seal the room as best I can during the lights on cycle. When the lights are off I will just vent into the basement through a carbon filter. The venting will control humidity and the filter will control the smell.
The law in my area is that you may have 4 flowering or mature plants the definition of mature being “having flowers or larger that 12x12in” and 10 seedlings that they define as smaller than 12in high by 12in diameter. This kind of sucks but it will be a lot safer to work on different strains with the clone limit being higher.
So I am going to use the same room that I was but drastically altering it. I’ll include the links at the end of this were I have spent a lot of time. I of course spent a shitload of time on this site too but the room I’m shooting for is pretty specific so I had to broaden my research net. I am going to start by ripping all that fake paneling from the walls in the room. Then I can rewire the place so that I have at least 4 GFCI outlets on all separate runs of 12gauge wire connected to 4 separate 20 amp breakers. This way I can have up to 2000 watts per outlet if I need it. My max that I plan on using right now is about 3400 at peak 12 hour cycle. I’ll still have 4600 watts to play with if the law changes for the better or I get a prescription for myself (wife is the only one eligible now). I’ll go over the hardware in more detail as I go. Once all the wiring is complete I will sheetrock, paint with Killz flat white paint and wrap the place in black and white poly. The sheet rock is as much for a fire break as anything else. It will also make it easier to make the room airtight. I will have to replace the door that I use to enter and exit to one that I will be better able to seal up. The other door will be sealed with the poly and won’t be used.
If you follow the signature link you can see my old grow cab. That will stay much the same for the seedlings. The only changes to that will be to add a small intake fan to the base of it for airflow, and better seal around the doors to make it more light tight. Since I can only have 4 big girls I will probably set up a small perpetual once the 1st harvest is complete. Meaning when two plants come out of flower, two plants go in to flower.
The new hardware shopping list so far
-small window style AC unit about 5000 BTU and 500 watts at peak usage. $200
-a liquid propane Co2 generator, GEN- 1LPE Electronic CO2 Generator, $300
-a Co2 controller, PPM-2A Fuzzy Logic CO2 Controller, $440
-carbon filter, store bought one this time, Can Filter 50 w/fan, $305
-light mover highly adjustable, Light Rail 3.5 $190
-Black and White Poly 10x50, $55
-Reverse Osmosis system, Stealth RO100, $153
-Hanna pH/EC/TDS/C Portable 3000ppm, $170
-1000 HPS and 1000 MH Digilux bulbs, $142
-Advanced nuitrient line up, $309

-Micro
-Bloom
-Grow
-B-52
-Carbo Load (dry)
-Voodoo juice
-Mother Earth Organic tea – Bloom
-Overdrive
-Big Bud powder
-Final phase
-Shipping, $142

The grand total will be about $2300 with the shipping. Probably another 700 for the door, sheetrock, wireing, paint, etc.
The way the room will work is that the 240 watt T5 florescent will light the cab, the 1000 watt dimmable will light the flower room. The Co2 generator gives off heat and humidity as well as Co2. I have read multiple places that the increased respiratory and growth that you get from supplementing the Co2 also adds a lot of humidity. The AC will take care of some of that and if I have to I can buy a dehumidifier to lower it down. I will be shooting for about 45%RH during flower. The AC unit will keep the place a nice 75 to 80 during the light cycle and I will install some louvers so when the lights go off the room will vent into the basement through the carbon filter to keep the humidity low and the temp at about 65.
That was a lot of words for me, always hated writing Let me know what you think and i am hoping that a couple of you connoisseur types can help me pick out some seeds for this run.
-Chem Dog / a mix of OG Kush and Sour Diesel
-Super Lemon Haze
-Lucy
-The Purps
-Sensi Star
-AK 47
They are all cannabis cup winners of different years. I am hoping a friend can hook me up with 4 clones when I get back to give me a jump start when I get back.
Some other good links: That really solidified this idea for me.

Cannabis Culture Magazine | Marijuana Magazine
This is an all around great site too, they are heavily involved in the activism side mostly in Canada and a great source of knowledge.

GEN-1LPE Electronic CO2 Generator - LP | CO2 Enrichment
The co2 generator that I am looking at.

PPM-2A - Fuzzy Logic CO2 Controller | Atmospheric/Environmental Controllers

The Co2 controller for the room, expensive but should be able to keep the room at 1500 to 2000 ppm.

Can-Filter 100 - 39.5" Carbon Filter | Air Cleaners/Odor Control
this is if not the filter I will use it is the style.

The ultimate grow room | Cannabis Culture Magazine
Awesome article about the commercial grow trade in BC. It really fired up my imagination. This is the style of the room I am setting up but on a much, much smaller scale.
:thanks:

Good to have you 420, I almost pulled the trigger on my shopping $2200 shopping cart today but I don't know when i will be able to start yet, and some of the Nuits in my list have a shelf life. Until then I have at least 2 months of research and have already altered my plan a couple of times in the last two months but it is taking shape. Thanks for the look, I appreciate the advice.

Everything sounds amazing to me and i cant wait to see it all come together. I will tag along and watch. The forums have a rule against strains named after harder drugs are not permitted to use the name. They prefer calling the strain by the nickname "Lucy' So just a little heads up if you decide to go with that strain.:thumb:

I bet they are much bigger now. Where are the picture updates? Everything coming along alright?

Sorry guys,
I am out of country for the next 2 to 4 months. I will have a two week period when I get back that I will be doing all of the room modifications and setting up all the equipment. I will absolutely be posting as many pictures as I can and documenting everything from the wireing to the planting. Believe me when I say that I am dying to start growing again. I really miss it, but until then I'll just keep planning and have to settle for creeping through your journals. I should be pulling the trigger on the $2000 shopping list with in the next month or so.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this for moving to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom