Prescription's Soil - Multi-Strain - SROG - Grow Journal -2010

Dc113.jpg

photo was taken AUG 15, had to leave town for a few days and they had exploded through the screen. I just took it out I will try to scrog again one grow in the future.

Clones;
I started the 1st round of cuttings in plain soil like I used to 15 years ago. I would cut them ,place in rooting compound and then plant. They would then be placed under a florescent light, kept moist and be left alone for about 15 days. The success rate was always about 50% and this proved to still be the case. I was not happy with these results though because the legal limit was low and the definition of a plant was leaves above the ground as opposed to roots.
The final method that I settled on was using rock wool cubes for the medium, rooting compound, partially sealed tray and a heating pad under the clones. I would mist them several times a day before work after work whenever I could. I think that the high humidity and scrubing the tray and all surfaces down with a light bleach solution every week or so was the key. This proved to be a 100% success rate and the time was significantly less till roots appeared, 5 to 7 days was the average. I’m sure if the time line was stretched out the success rate would drop but I am absolutely positive we would still get a very high survival rate with this method.
Dc125.jpg

8 September starting to run out of vertical room, and had to add a T5 high output florescent bank. It was starting to get hard to do anything in there at this point, there was just so little room.
Dc129.jpg

Dc130.jpg

Dc131.jpg

Dc132.jpg

15 September
Dc133.jpg

Dc134.jpg

Dc135.jpg

22 September, Had to start chicken wiring up at this point they were just getting to heavy for their own good. when you use a mover you can cover a lot more area with less watts but its my experience that you get a much larger stretch that if you use multiple stationary lights.
These are the DJ Bluebeerys
Dc136.jpg

Dc137.jpg

Dc139.jpg

Dc138.jpg

CIMG00194.JPG

DJ ready to chop

CIMG00182.JPG

HuckleBeery

CIMG00174.JPG

CIMG00162.JPG

This is the perpetual; as they matured and they were slid to the right. Far left are 2 weeks into flower, far right are just about ready to chop. I started using just 2 stationary lights one 600w HPS and one 1000w hps that was dimmed to 600w. It worked quite well.

CIMG00154.JPG

So One last super time lapse show…
Jul 26
garden_end_26_Jul.jpg

Aug 3rd
Dc73.jpg

Aug 15
Dc102.jpg

Sep 15
Dc135.jpg

Sep 22
Dc139.jpg

So that was my first serious grow that I attempted in the last 15 years. I made some mistakes and suffered the consequences some of those were;
Soil;
I originally tried a couple different types of soil. A local brand l purchased from the lawn and garden shop worked fairly well. I also used some miracle grow packaged soil that did not work well at all. It had time released nitrogen that inhibited flowering and caused unbelievable stretching in all the plants I used it in. My subsequent grows I used Fox Farm and the results were much better and uniformed.
Nuits;
Fox Farm complete nuit line up. I think that this stuff worked just fine and I basically stuck to the regime that the company web site publishes. The only problem that I found with it is that it will play hell with your ph and I always had to test it prior to feeding. It would usually register at 5.5 or lower once all mixed together. So final lesson was, don’t overdue it and watch the PH
PH;
The 1st grow cycle I did not have a PH meter and this would have helped a lot. The Warlock stain in particular is very sensitive to PH and even with the meter was a difficult strain to grow. I had compound problems with it because the diurt I was using was already quite acidic and the nuits made the water acidic.
Clones;
This is a repeat of an earlier thread but I thought I could put it all together. I started the 1st round of cuttings in plain soil like I used to 15 years ago. I would cut them ,place in rooting compound and then plant. They would then be placed under a florescent light, kept moist and be left alone for about 15 days. The success rate was always about 50% and this proved to still be the case. The time til roots appeared could be anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks. I was not happy with these results, the legal limit of plants was low and the definition of a plant was leaves above the ground as opposed to roots.
The final method that I settled on was using rock wool cubes for the medium, dip the cutting in water then rooting compound, and place in the rockwool. They were then placed in a partially sealed tray and placed on top of a heating pad and misted with plain water every chance I got. This proved to be a 100% success rate and the time was significantly less till roots appeared, 5 to 7 days was the average, 10 days was the longest. I’m sure if the time line was stretched out the success rate would drop but I am convinced that there would still be a very high survival rate with this method.

The average time from clone to harvest was about 3 months in subsequent grows. Yield depended on the strain but was anywhere from 2.5 to 4 oz of completely trimmed and cured bud per plant.

Ventilation;
I think that the set up that I had going worked really well. The intake for the room was a 1.5 inch gap under the door of the room. This was a great place to have the intake because it was the lowest place in the whole house. Exhaust was the a carbon filter about a foot below the ceiling and could either be vented out the house on a hot day or vented back into the house on a cold day.
Trimming;
It sucks, have a comfortable chair a couple of good pairs of scissors, so you’re not constantly having to stop and scrape them and good collection of movies to watch or better yet an audio book.

The final garden worked itself into a perpetual. This was nice for several reasons. It allowed me to still have a life; I was not having to devote all of my free time at harvest time. It was easier to stay within the confines of the local laws e.g. the one once of usable product. Every month and a half or so I was harvesting about 4 to 8 oz of high grade bud. It was very gratifying to learn that my stuff beat the local dispensaries 90% of the time.

Hey there RX. Nice thread...just read it through. I have only one question...if you were growing 15 years ago why did you stop? It would be hard as hell for me to stop now that I am legal grower.

Greetings Cona,
Thank you for checking the thread out, i also started a new one last nightn not nearly as exciting but it lays out my plans for the future.
I was tired of washing dishes for the day job so I joined the ARMY. I had a couple of little experimental grows in college, but risk vs reward was just not there at that time. I was way too paranoid to enjoy growing the stuff. Now that we have the law on our side for small amounts, i have to tell you man, it is the most satisfying hobbies I have ever had. I really do enjoy it immensely. I would love to do it full time.

Back
Top Bottom