Pressurizing Reservoir With Air Stones

I'm probably going to try it anyways. If it works definitely going to share the unusual yet practical design of the system. But if in 2 weeks or so there aren't any posts from me I blew myself up ;)

Could you outline the principle?

Decided against it.

I was going to use a 20 gal steel drum with lever lock lid and pressurize it with air stones. The stones would aerate the water, then once pressure was adequate water would start flowing into the system.

An air regulator would be attached separately to the drum to keep a steady pressure inside and prevent the system building too much pressure / spraying too much water.

Design is more complicated and expensive than it has to be, though.

It'd work in theory, but using an automatic timer in addition to the time it takes to pressurize would constantly change based on water level.

In the end, the air stones would have to run for a time that would be as if the 20gal drum was empty. Which when full would require a blow off valve / air regulator and the stones and pump would run longer than needed.

Opted for a 27gal tote (x4 of them is $30 less than x1 20gal steel drum) and a water pump plus air stones.

Back
Top Bottom