Primetimes Hempy Purple Diesel LED Grow

image14112.jpg
image14113.jpg
For some stupid reason I can't upload newer photos these are the most current... The leaves got worse so I trimmed them up a guy with exp helped me out but they don't seem to be doing as well as they were. I'm kinda frustraited just hoping things start to look up. I definitely do not have the green thumb a lot of you guys have that's for sure. I wish they could tell me what they need :(

1) Step 1 : Don't freak out. Lower-ish leaves getting a little crunchy isn't the end of the world.
2) Step 2 : Realize your plant is telling you all you need to know - you just have to learn to read 'plant'. It's totally normal and 100 % necessary to go through what you are. I still am, but am getting better. You will too.
3) Step 3 : Sometimes less is more.

It, like other folks, looks to me to be nute burn, but that is a guess based on limited info that we all have. Let me go back in your thread and refresh my early morning memory.

Okay here is what someone else is doing successfully in terms of feeding on a hempy grow at a stage similar to yours:

- 3/4 tsp. FloraNova Grow with a small dose of Floralicious.
- occasional shot of silica.
- Cal/Mag a couple times also to date. Not regularly, just as needed.

Currently using about a quart of mix each every day with about 1/2 cup run off.

So, you may or may not be familiar with those nutes. I am not, but we can find out how close they are to what you are using.

Silica, in specific, could help you. It is reponsible for the following:

- Added Tolerance to Heat
- Added Tolerance to Cold
- Added Tolerance to Drought
- Added Tolerance to Salt Buildup
- Added Tolerance to Mineral Toxicity or Deficiency
- Accelerated Growth Rates
- Faster Root Development
- Increased Resistance to Insects
- Increased Resistance to Fungal Disease

Sounds decent yeah? I don't use it in soil, but I don't use any strong 'off the shelf' nutes.

Do you live somewhere you can get some? In the meantime, let's look at feeding schedule.

Don't panic, we have time to solve this. Let's get on it though.

Let's not rule out deficiencies here as well until we understand more:

Nitrogen Deficiency:
Bottom up yellow starting on the first on the bottom leaves as not corrected will spread upwards. (not you)

Phosphorous Deficiency:
Anytime there is a purple color appearing on the higher leaves usually new shoots. (not you)

Potassium Deficiency:
Yellow starting from the edge of the leaves working towards the center of the leaves/plant killing the leaves as it spreads. (hmmm. could be?)

These three measures make up your N-P-K ratings on fertilizers. Nitrogen, Phosphorous, and Potassium.

As for how to get potassium to your plant - there are many ways. A Cal/Mag + K (potassium) additive is probably the simplest (if you are not using cal/mag already) if you can find it. I use organic unsulfured blackstrap molasses. Works well too and can be found pretty much anywhere.

I'm just adding notes here as I research and find possible causes. Not much more it could be, but I will keep digging.

Ok so here is my feeding info : 5ml of grow / 5ml micro / 2 ml bloom 1 tsp of cal/mag 5ml floroblend vegan booster 1ml rapid root with 1 Gallon every other watering but I cut back to just water a few cycles to flush and started last night. I picked up silica I will try it out. Also I'm using the General Hydroponic starter pack. I've been checking my waters ph after nutes and ph from run off for adjustments so if my runoff is too low I raise my waters ph to bring up the reservoir if that makes sense. And most of all thanks for the support I'll try and upload pics for you guys from my PC tonight.

Good - so sounds like pH is under control. What is your target?

I think I would stick with just water (plus some isolated things we may want to try) until we figure this out. You are feeding quite the cocktail of things all at once. I don't know these products well - I grow differently, but am I reading correctly that you are giving your plants 5 or 6 things at once?

For others - is this best practice? Sounds to me like it would be (potentially) pretty easy to stack up levels of each individual nute when feeding this way?

Other perspectives welcome.

It looks like the pic of zinc def but not as light green... I've seen the plant pictures of problems but don't seem to get anything from it. I'm considering raising my LED a bit though and just cut back on nutes and add silica. Hopefully they start to recover. This is day 25 since clone transplant.

It looks like the pic of zinc def but not as light green... I've seen the plant pictures of problems but don't seem to get anything from it. I'm considering raising my LED a bit though and just cut back on nutes and add silica. Hopefully they start to recover. This is day 25 since clone transplant.

I like that plan PT. Let's see where that takes us in a week or so.

I second the backing the light off , as some of my little clone-lings have almost the same marks , and that's what I have wrote it off to . I have tried the drops as well , the GH ones to be exact , and when i changed to a pen i realized that their not as accurate as i thought . If u get a pen make sure to get some spare calibration solution , thats my best recommendation .

I was thinking of removing the CFLS I wonder if they have anything to do with it as in heat dmg or light dmg from the reflectors being so close I just need to get some adjustable hangers for the LED so I can adjust the distance from my plants. Do you think I should remove the CFLS or raise the LED?

I don't think the CFLs are the cause of your problem. An inch to a CFL makes all the difference. If you are super concerned about it, just back it off a tad. I doubt that is it.

If your LED is lower than 20" I would raise it to there. Adjustable hangers are a great idea and will be useful down the road if you grow larger plants, etc.

Also - a lot of your leaves look great! Is this spreading or confined to the growth it was on before?

Do you have air circulating in your space?

It seems to be spreading and my led is about 25" above the top of my plants the double cfls in the reflectors actually put off some good heat im just worried so eliminating variables I just hope my LED will be enough light until I can buy another small one from Sara. I can always put the CFLS back in if needed. I am using two 6 inch fans and a 8inch fan for circulation

Back
Top Bottom