Private personal project

ashm

Hello there everyone,
I am new to the forums and I am starting my first project, I decided to go with a micro grow because of extremely limited space and for discretion.

Since I dont have any box or pc case and no access to tools to build something, I choose to get myself a very small tente 0.09m² - 30x30x60cm and have 1 plant in it at a time. I will be growing auto NL.

Anyway, since i haven't bought any lights or fans yet, I have read a lot on this forum and couldn't really decide what would be best for this set up, though I really want to try out LEDs for their low heat and power consumption.. I also need to deal with odor.. any ideas on that ?

If anyone has advice on micro grow or autos please go ahead

:Namaste:

Re: Private personal project.

welcome to :420:

autos are easy and fun . they like allot of light and dont mind light leaks .
i suggest u plant her in the same pot u want to finish her in. no transplant and only lite (low stress training) if any.
get u a cheap ph pen the 10 dollar one from flebay works great just grab some calibration fluid and check every week .

if u can afford leds i would go with them. led has came a long way in a few years we have some led sponsor websites u can check out on here.
Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®

u can check out the grow journals to see awesome led grows and new one that just started so u can follow along in real time .
Icemud's Intelligent Gro 2 LED Grow With V-Scrog - Going for 1lb & Beyond!

here is a new journal u can learn from that is just starting . hes a smart grower that's new to leds so allot of questions will b answered on this thread
Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

I've done several grows in the past, very much looking forward to gaining the advantages LED has to offer. One thing I strongly recommend though, is look very closely at the dimensions of your lights, as most wont fit a tent that small. (at least the mars II 400 and higher doesn't.)
If you can't find a led light that fits your needs/price point, CFLs are most definitely an option for you!

As for odor control, the smell isn't much at all with one plant, but if you are adamant about it a small jar of ona outside of the tent, or placed in front/inside of your exhaust vent. A carbon filter is ideal if money isn't an issue for you.
For ventilation there are several different types of exhaust fans, and options such as active or passive intake, squirrel cage fans vs centrifugal etc...
If you're just a tiny bit imaginative, with a small unit like that, you could easily get away with venting the exhaust with a higher cfm PC fan, and make your own custom enclosure for it with pvc reducer couplings, so it can fit a standard ventilation duct.

Thanks guys, much appreciated :thanks:

So, I will use 1 pot throughout the grow, not sure on the size yet and i'm hoping the auto NL don't grow too high so I don't have to do lots of "lite" lst
Alright, i had a look at those sponsors and for the lights, i really liked the GrowSun 12W Spot from Eshine..
though, i'm not sure on how many i would need for my setup..?

I liked the idea of the pc fan with pvc reducer, I'd just have to find a silent gamer fan and since my area is so small, I could buy one of the very small carbon filters and hook it up with ducting on top of the ona jarr... with passive intake and a clip on fan, should be good ?

I'm not yet set on the other stuff, such as grow medium and nutrients, but I will update as the project progresses.

Thank you again :Namaste:

The ventilation from one gaming fan should be more than enough with that space, even with a passive intake. Just make sure you put a pre-filter on the passive intake to prevent foreign matter from getting into your grow. And you (unless its a VERY pungent strain) wont need a carbon filter and ona for just one plant. In terms of cost/effectiveness you can run the gaming fan and exhaust it over the ona, if you want less to worry about, get the carbon filter and make sure the fan you're using matches the required CFM for the filter, or you'll risk burning out the fan/not moving enough air.

If you have any more questions about anything I know the people here are happy to help! keep us posted.

this is a northern lights x big bud auto i did. not exactly the same strain as u have but it grew this big in 80 days under a 400w hps
2014-08-10_22-31-05_976.jpg
2014-08-10_22-29-17_444.jpg
2014-08-07_01-30-50_974.jpg

the medium u grow in all depends on the style u want to go with . do want something u have to feed multiple times a day and give nutrients every day or do u want a more laid back soil that has enough nutrients that u only water for the first month and then start watering them 2 times a week and feeding one of those .

Alright, Thanks guys.

I'll go with 6 of those 12w growsun spots, I think a total of 72w will be enough for one plant ?
www.eshinesystems.com

Ok, I'll take your word on the ventilation and smell, if it does get out of control then I will buy a filter later on, I've read that NL does not smell that much anyway...

Nice pictures, yep, I'm really hoping to get something like that.. Just not that high !!! so i guess I'll use smaller pots or lite lst ?
As for the soil, I prefer not having to feed for the first month and feed from the second month with something to really boost the buds, I'll have a look at the sponsor for that..

Peace

You generally want no less than 30-35watts per sq ft, some say 20 is the bare minimum, but with 72w you should have enough to get going.

Alright, Thanks guys.

I'll go with 6 of those 12w growsun spots, I think a total of 72w will be enough for one plant ?
E.shine Systems - E-SUN - GrowSun 12W Spot - LED Grow Light

Ok, I'll take your word on the ventilation and smell, if it does get out of control then I will buy a filter later on, I've read that NL does not smell that much anyway...

Nice pictures, yep, I'm really hoping to get something like that.. Just not that high !!! so i guess I'll use smaller pots or lite lst ?
As for the soil, I prefer not having to feed for the first month and feed from the second month with something to really boost the buds, I'll have a look at the sponsor for that..

Peace

look into fox farm ocean Forrest soil
cut with 30% light warrior and perlite

yes go for a smaller pot or just prepare to tie this girl down .

i bought a carbon filter but never had to hook it up because the autos never smelled enough to need it .

Thank you guys.

Just received my tent today !! :cheer:
Alright, I had a look at those Fox farm products they look good, I also had a look at Biobizz products, they seem to be more available in Europe, anyone used those with autos before ?

For the pots, I saw some very nice Smart pots - 3 gallons or 5 gallons on amazon, could I make it work in a 5 gallon if I tie her down from the beginning ?

I'm not sure on which food to go with yet, but I'm thinking, some booster for the roots that I could add with the plain water for the first month and then really feed it from the second month with some grow, bloom, and maybe some boosters for the flowers.. What do you think of that ?

Oh yea, I was thinking of creating a journal once I get everything going, what do you guys think ?

Thank you guys.

Just received my tent today !! :cheer:
Alright, I had a look at those Fox farm products they look good, I also had a look at Biobizz products, they seem to be more available in Europe, anyone used those with autos before ?

For the pots, I saw some very nice Smart pots - 3 gallons or 5 gallons on amazon, could I make it work in a 5 gallon if I tie her down from the beginning ?

I'm not sure on which food to go with yet, but I'm thinking, some booster for the roots that I could add with the plain water for the first month and then really feed it from the second month with some grow, bloom, and maybe some boosters for the flowers.. What do you think of that ?

Oh yea, I was thinking of creating a journal once I get everything going, what do you guys think ?

i would go with 3 gallon . i do 3 gallon and get big plants and they are not autos . autos grow faster.
u can find people on here using bio bizz if u want to ck out there journals . and yes definitely start a journal even if its just used to look back at how far u have came .. a journal is a good way to get people interested in your grow and u can ask questions thier and people that have been reading it will be more available to help.

here is a pic of a non auto in a e gallon pot at 30 days .. i topped her and have her staked down so she will grow outwards . u have to remember a plant will dbl in size if not more in flower .
2014-09-22_13-51-10_36.jpg
2014-09-20_22-15-30_173.jpg
2014-09-20_22-12-38_583.jpg

fox farm also offers a good trio of boosters to go along with their nutrient schedule .

The Foxfarm Soluble Tri-Pack consists of Open Sesame (5-45-19), Beastie Bloomz (0-50-30), and Cha Ching (9-50-10). This trifecta of tantalizing top dressings get your plants flowering and ripening early, developing fully, and smelling and tasting phenomenal. Use the Soluble Tri-Pack on its own or incorporate it into a feeding schedule for soil and hydroponics systems.

u need to look into a cheap ph meter on ebay or if u can afford a better one u can do that to .. i have a cheap set that cost less than 20 bucks it works great u just need some calibration fluid to make sure it stays true.

u have pics of the tent ?

Alright, nice pics, she looks healthy :love:

Ok, I'll do 3 gallon pot and take your word on Fox Farm, I'll get it all from amazon.
Yep, I have a ph meter on the way..

I was browsing some leds and came across this SpectraMODULE X85, its very expensive but seems to be very good, i might go ahead and get one..

I'll get some pics on the tent tomorrow, its really late now :)

Peace

Good Morning !

Here are the pics... yep its really small; exactly what I wanted.

The led panel I looked at is 22x22cm I think, my tent 30x30.
So it may work ?

Good Morning !

Here are the pics... yep its really small; exactly what I wanted.

The led panel I looked at is 22x22cm I think, my tent 30x30.
So it may work ?

yea i think u can fit a 3 gl pot with an auto in there pretty good . looks good

Hey there, Ok I still havent chosen my lights yet... found something else today in the sponsors..
Reflector LED grow light

Would this work in my 30x30cm ?

Its a lot cheaper than the others Ive seen so far...

im not sure but u can contact sara @ sales@topledgrowlight.com
she is a member here on this site and u can give here your sizes and she can get u going from there..

no problem man .:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom