Pro Mix BX or HP?

Jman24

I have done quite a bit of research and am caught in a predicament. From all of the forums I've read it seems as though if I were to get pro mix BX it would be in the plants benefit to mix in dolomite lime, perlite, and earth worm castings. If I were to go with the HP, most forums don't say anything about added ingredients other than a couple forums which state the HP needs some extra dolomite lime. Right now I'm leaning more toward the HP as it is a little cheaper, and it does not contain vermiculite which retains too much water and possibly messes with the pH. What do other growers prefer, HP or BX? I am also growing autoflowers and not transplanting, so I'm starting the seedlings in pro mix, which would be better or are they both about the same? Thanks to anyone who answers!

I'm using BX and have no problems...having said that BX is less porous with less added amendments to the soil, if you are worried about porosity of the soil, then my advice would be to get the HP. I'm using BX with worm compost, perlite, azomite, granular feed, dolomite lime.

Back
Top Bottom