Pro Mix HP with mycorrhizae

To each his own, for sure. I learned a LONG time ago that there is more than one way to get the same results - and rarely is there only ONE way to do anything.
Most of the water and nutrient added water I use is Chlorine free - but not because I actually do anything to make it that way. I fill my two fifty gallon barrels, add nutes to one and Ph both. Sometimes I use them right away - they always last about a week or so before I need to refill. Chlorine will evaporate from those barrels within 24 hours. So, IF I use out of them the same day I fill, the girls are getting some Chlorine. If my water res starts smelling like Bob Marley's ass and I add bleach - the girls might get some Clorine. So, sometimes they get a dose - sometimes they don't.

I have never noticed any ill effects either way. And when I grew outdoors, I would water them RIGHT out of the hose - and I grew TREES. The Blue Dreams would get 10 to 12 feet tall.

Everybody's experiences are different - everybody's garden is different - everybody's girls are different. Listen to them carefully, they'll tell you if they're unhappy. (Girls are like that) If you are getting the results you want, then rock on. Keep doing it.

~Auggie~

Yea man I had a summer grow this year and I yielded over a pound from six plants! We had to bring them inside to finish flowing but we will for sure do that again this summer and we watered from the house with mild nutes. Very good point

I have personally used this product and have found less Nute burn and a bigger root system. One thing I did notice though was that I had to add more dolemite to my mix in order to make my p.h. less acidic. Worth the investment.

What I do is use snow in the winter, snow melts into 6.25 pH water. When I use tap water, I put a huge plastic tote on wheels full of hot tap water and throw in a few air stones hooked to an aquarium air pump...helps get rid of the chlorine quick and adds oxygen to your water supply so it never goes stagnant. The whole riggin' costs maybe twenty bucks at WalMart...well worth it.

Buy yourself an aquarium air pump, some hose, air stones, put it in your supply container of tap water, use hot tap water so the chlorine comes out faster, put the air stones hooked up to an air supply into your water...you get some healthy water supply this way. Use snow in the winter, marijuana plants love melted snow water...the air supply makes that good water too.

Makes me laugh, because like you, I've used water straight from the tap, my plants turned out OK, I've used lake water, plants were fine, then the kids turned pot smoking into Rocket Science, WhiTe Wedding, White Widow, Pink Kush, red Kush, Kush Kush, Tuna Sammich, Lead Belly, bla, bla bla...it's eith indica, sativa or a combination of the two...better yet, it's either good or not good, some is real good. Leave it at that. lol And I think they've watered down all the truly good strains of bud, where's that old school smells like decomposing skunk guts stuff that almost knocked you on your ass...the stuff that you cannot hide the smell of it? Where'sthat? They sell me these seeds, good feminized seeds, don't get me wrong, it smells like skunk, a bit, for about a month, then smells like something else. That ain't it, quit telling me that it is. I was there, they were not. lol

So, if you're growing marijuana in Promix Mycorrhizae HP, it's considered a "soilless mixture", and the recommended pH levels should be different than that for soils? I wish I would have known this before now. What should the pH of my water + nutrients mixture be at when growing in Promix Mycorrhizae HP then? I was giving them a pH of 6.4 to 6.7...that's why my sugar leaves were burning.I never saw sugar leaves get used up, usually the fan leaves yellow up and die off but not the sugar leaves. Now I know...I hope. Could anybody who knows tell me what the pH should be of the water & nutrient mixture for a growing medium like Promix Mycorrhizae HP? Thanks much.

This is a common issue and there are some differing perspectives but most people on the forum are of the opinion that you don't care what the water or nutrient solution PH is, you care about what the medium PH is. The water and nutrient PH has little effect on the medium PH, in fact the medium PH is generally more effected by the type of nitrogen the nutrient manufacturer is using (nitrate or ammoniacal) which can raise or lower the PH of the medium over time.

Anyways the big value add of Promix is that fact that it is a buffered medium, so unless it's old or you add an excess amount of nutrients and allow it to drift over time you shouldn't have to worry about PH. I've been using Promix BX and more recently HP and have never bothered PH'ing my nutrients and have never had an issue.

I use North Bay city water...and they use chlorine in the supply. What I do, is fill a big plastic tote box full of hot tap water then run a few air stones with an aquarium pump...keeps the water oxygenated and gets rid of the chlorine after a few days. I've also found that plants really seem to love melted snow water...they love that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom