Probable deficiencies in vegging autos - 1st grow - Any advice appreciated!

teahead

What Strain is it? Blue Cheese Auto
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Indica & Ruderalis mainly I think.
How Many Plants? 3
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? grown from seed, now 34 days old
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? She is showing signs of buds but nutes chart wise i'm still in Veg. Unsure.
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro?
Humidity 50-60 Coir/ perlite mix.

Can't seem to post photos- this link shows 3 pics of them.

If Soil... What is in your Mix? It's Coir/ Perlite.
If Soil... What Size Pot? 5 1/2 inches atm, but needs to go to final pot soon.
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1 x 300w LED
Is it Air Cooled? Not yet- fan, filter, ducting ordered.
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 70-80.

PH of Medium or Reservoir? A run off difference of 0.8 - higher in root zone.
Any Pests? No, thank goodness, I check daily. Read the horror stories.
How Often are you Watering? I was watering with ph spring water once a week, and giving them building up feeds once a week- this week was first full strength I did flush with half strength nutes as recommended on '------------' when the issue of the lower leaves yellowing and falling off began. I realise I probably wasn't giving them enough looking back, but I was afraid of nute burn.
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Dutch Pro A&B Soil Grow for autos, DP Multi Total, DP Root / only started giving full strength last 2 feeds.
Size or Square Footage of Room? Tent- 60x60x180 Darkroom.

Hi, It's technically my second grow, a couple of yrs back i did a single plant which I never even got a discoloured leaf on for 3 months, due to a 'mentor' who helped me a fair bit. Was a clone and it thrived. Anyhow, back to the present - I am not having much luck, and I'm guessing why.
Bought 3 blue cheese auto seeds and began germ in paper towels on 20th Aug. The 3 popped, 2 def had stronger genes from the start though.
First mistake !) - I don't drive and the nearest grow shop is not on any bus route and 4km away. So after they popped i put them in tiny pots (about 3"-4" inches diameter) , and i used some stupid potting soil picked up in a panic at a local gardening store for normal plants for the first week - 10 days. Then I went back to the grow shop and they recommended to switch to coir/perlite mix when I transplanted them AGAIN to 5 1/2" pots. Yes, I know now, they are pretty delicate, and I will have to transplant them again to a bigger pot soon. I'm thinking those aeropots or bag type pots. In the shop i forgot to remind them i had only soil A&B
So I was feeding them the wrong nutes- for soil instead of for coco, due to a misunderstanding in the grow shop. I also spent 45e on a cheap ass ph tester that did my nut in and i had to return, ended up buying a decent one that works and docent take up more time than the actual prep and feeding.
Sorry if i sound a bit rant-y but i have spent a week now since the problem started to show reading this & other fora, possibly a potassium and or nitrogen def due to the weaker nutes. I have ordered an inline fan and carbon filter. Can you duct these up to a shower extractor do you know, or would it cause too much condensation or smell in the attic- where the extractor fan goes.
I can pick up fish/ blood bonemeal tomorrow locally-(i don't live in the USA or UK so delivery is expensive for most things) my thinking being at least it's organic. Or is that a bad idea?
I'll have to post this before uploading photos, which i'll do now.
I really appreciate any advice on how to get these girls healthy, the roots are still white & no bad smell, i think the larger 2 are due for a transplant soon,but i don't wanna stress them anymore. The other one is stunted I reckon.
Also on order is an EC/ PPM meter and a reverse osmosis system - if I'm gonna do it i may as we'll do it right.
Thank you for reading, peace, photos to follow.

Pots are light today, esp the 2 bigger girls (which I would ideally like to put into aeropots.) so they are going to need a feed. They are not looking any worse... they've grown a little & new leaves & buds forming
I think ill give them a full feed then tomorrow put into finishing pots into coir which has been treated, id like to get a cal mag supplement,
Does fish bonemeal stink? I read to make tea out of it, Should I treat my coir with that before I transplant? Sorry about the millions of questions, thanks.
I ordered a few new seeds (Dutch Passion AutoUltimate) as they look like an easy strain to grow with good results. And i've learnt from my mistakes with autos now.

Back
Top Bottom