Probation or parole laws?

hannahjonah1

I have a question regarding growing medical marijuana in my house if I have a roomate that is on post prison supervision/probation.
He was in prison for a marijuana related charge/probation violation, and is no longer going to be using marijuana at all. But I will be growing it in my basement, which will be locked and he will NOT have access to. I have been told that as long as he does not have access to the area in which I am growing his PO can not do anything about it and cannot search it (therefore even know what is going on down there).
All other pipes or marijauna will be kept away, in my bedroom locked or in the basement.
What are the laws/suggestions regarding growing pot with a parolee in the house?? He is only a roomate, and as far as I know they can only search his room and common living areas.....
Suggestions?

Re: Probation or parole laws??

He was in prison? He's on parole for something weed related/probation violation?
What the....
They probably only have the right to search where he lives and stays, if downstairs doesn't belong to him I don't think they look. Try googling your question...growing weed with parolee roomate?

Re: Probation or parole laws??

It is my understanding - locally, your mileage may vary - that PO's can search any and all "Common Areas" - living rooms, the basement, etc...in addition to the room the parolee is staying.

As he put it, "This is the area I control" - seems to be a good guideline insofar as that mess.

Add "And have access to in daily living" and you're set.

Now, here's the thing - anyone actually visiting to see if he's behaving himself and in a rehabilitative environment is gonna want to really look around. You want to run a secure grow, fine, but expect them to figure you're both up to a lot of BS when they find a closet or a crawlspace or something and you say "No, you can't look at that. Sorry."

Immediately he will be under suspicion and at best he can hope to behave himself and not get nailed to a wall.

That said, if actually medical, you've permits or whatever, it is properly secured, he tests clean if needed to drop, and so forth, you should be alright. Expect him to be under a little more scrutiny, though. Most reasonable people would think that someone exposed to such would eventually fall back into it, and most would be right.

Keep yer noses clean. :)

He will be likely under harder scrutiny than most, unless lucky.

Back
Top Bottom