Problem with leaves turning orangey brown? Help needed

Hi Mars Hydro , thanks for the offer I may look to get new lights depending on how this grow turns out with the Fecida CR1200 as budget is very limited at the moment. And the cr600 1000 is in technically a 1x3 enclosure so I think that works at about 40 watt fpr the area. And the 3x3 has the CR 1200 which is 250 and works out at about 27w pm which is a bit lower than I had hoped but the plants that are growing well have nice buds and flowers so far and still have another 3 to 4 week to go as they have only been flowering just 4 weeks now according to a grow log I have on my s9 app. Here are a few pics of the two that are going fine.

Anyone have any idea on what strain this maybe as I got the seed from some I smoke i bought and it had been allowed to be pollinated and had seeds in it and I dont know what strain it was. It does smell very sweet like citrusy pineapple or lemony smell at the moment when you smell the buds. It is a hybrid as far as I know indica cross sativa more indica than sativa.

Been told its not the best way but its was my only way and they seem to be females with no males or hermies. There sticky if you catch you fingers on them nut very just a little tacky and leaves a nice fruity smell on my fingers.

Where i got the smoke from he says it could be mimosa but I am not sure first ever real plant I have seen or grown. For my needs I am thinking g about getting white widow for its affects on nerve pain.

20220429_144452.jpg

20220429_144508.jpg

20220429_144511.jpg

20220429_144518.jpg

Just been working out the watt per square meter for both lights depending on watt power factor you decide to use

LED Full spectrum blue,red, far red and UV Fecida CR600 120 wall socket Watts or 1000watt equivalent manufacturers claim or 600watt by some other claims

1x3x3 whole enclosure 9sqft enclosure canopy area 3 sqft which would give it

Total tent area
120w ÷ 9sqft = 13w/sqft

600w ÷ 9sqft = 66w/sqft

1000w ÷ 9 sqft = 111w/sqft

Or
Canopy area
120w ÷ 3sqft = 40w/sqft

600w ÷ 3sqft = 200w/sqft

1000w ÷ 3sqft = 333w/sqft

The main tent area enclosure is a 3x3x6.7 so total area inside 60.3 sqft and a canopy area of 9sqft

Light used in main flower tent is
LED Full spectrum blue,red, far red and UV Fecida CR1200 250 watt wall socket power or 2000w manufacturers equivalent claims or 1000w or 1200w by some other claims which would give the main grow flowering tent

Total tent volume
250w ÷ 60sqft = 4.16w/sqft

1000w ÷ 60sqft = 16.6w/sqft

1200w ÷ 60sqft = 20w/sqft

2000w ÷ 60sqft = 33w/sqft

Canopy area

250w ÷ 9sqft = 27.7w/sqft

1000w ÷ 9 sqft = 111w/sqft

1200w ÷ 9sqft = 133w/sqft

2000w ÷ 9sqft = 222w/sqft

So the first power factor used of 120watts or 250 watts depending on which light means I fall short but any of the equivalent power factors I come with in the ball park and in some cases depending on what some manufacturers claim it comes within a good range or even beats it by quite a bit. The power efficiency of the LED's is rated at 2.3 jules or what ever it ment to be. the Samsung lm301 led can range from 2.7 to 3.2 depending on model which some claim the difference between the normal lm301 and the h version is just cherry picking the best ones . I would love to have lm301s but will have to wait and save up the money I have saved to get a better light who news I may even get side lights as I have thought about that. Seen it done in a guy who grew in a bucket he had powerfull LED stripe up the side around the inside of the bucket and grew a plant in a bucket with light from 360 degree and it was very bushy and gave a massive yeald compared to top light . If you ask me that gives me thoughts of something I read about cloning a flowering plant and separating each cola into a clone then reveging them and then when they grow bigger and taller they grow alot of buds all way up the stalk of the plant that gets extra light and produce a massive harvest from one as the light is able to get to each individual cola . I would love to have leds all round for light penetration of the canopy and underneath and grow more bushier plant in the small space I have. If I could grow just one main grow in a 3x3 foot tent yielding 500g per sqmt then that would do me and my medical needs . I know that's optimistic for where I am now but one big plant is better than 2 smaller plants unless something major goes wrong and you loos e the plant for some reason.

Just to add I am going to guess the CR 1200 I have is not any of the power factors above I am going to guess its more equal to a 400w or 600watt normal light that draws 400 to 600 real Watts I dont know the terminology for each bulb they have . I only researched led lights for power efficiency and I am going to guess the CR600 1000w I have is more liken to a 250w to 400w real power draw from the bulbs that area available on the market

Haveing all light spectrums may make up for been less efficient lights.

The ppf graph is from the CR600 and the led count is from the CR1200 you just half the amount of leds for the CR600 as its half the size. You can tell the difference in the pics as the leds are arranged differently between the models and apart from an extra fan on top of the CR1200 that's the only difference.

Hope that gives a bit of information about the lights I am using as I haven't seen many around on grow logs . I have only seen one of two and I dont think they gave the yield they just showed the finished plant which looked very nice and bulky with buds on the colas and that was from using the CR600 although they did use more than one in the 3x3 I do have the higher power and bigger model in the flowering side and thrower on ein the veg side.

So as far as I know the lights should be fine for now and my first grow but I could get better yield with better lights like the Samsung lm301's which I would like to get in the future and use the ones I already have for vegging side of tent and having light over a wider area in the veg side. as I do prefer the wider spaced out led frames so light is over a wider area not just in the middle unless you have a light mover that moves the light back and forth in the tent. I saw the hydro 4800 that looks a good light that I wouldn't need to have on full wack in my 3x3 depending on the frame size I have only seen the flower and veg area not frame size . That light would fit my needs for the flowering 3x3 and then I can move the CR1200 into the veg side to cover a wider area with the CR600 light already in there and maybe turn the light down a bit on the veg 1x3 side because of increased light size and coverage :) bobs your uncle, Simple's :) .

51ktHfo3LAL._AC_SY780_.jpg

51pw8jaBORL._AC_SY780_.jpg

41WUC4FqsUL._AC_SY780_.jpg

51ZNF+5K-dS._AC_SY780_.jpg

Hi @Digipro and welcome to the forum! I'll jump in here with my 2 cents. Your leaf necrosis problem (dead areas) is quite serious... this plant is seriously not doing well. Considering that it's just one of your plants, and the other leaves on the plant also look very stressed, I would first rule out nutrient burn. It could be that you made an error with the nutrients on this particular plant. In that case, I would water only with pure water for a while, and make sure you have a good wet/dry cycle going. I'd stick with water only until you feel its needing supplemental nutrients. I would also consider a substantial increase in pot size, if your space allows, which will help with nutrient and watering issues. Good luck with your grow!

1651406781186.png

Thanks cbdhemp808 i will take note of what you ha e said and i have left it from when I flushed it and all the leaves that went orange have died now and the remaining leaves seem to be getting better but only slowly . I will only water with pure water for a few cycles and then when it's recovered and it shows signs of needing nutrients I will start it on a low dose till it has flowered and finished. Just allow it to carry on even if its a low yield i dont have enough room at moment to put it in a bigger pot size and the other plants are doing fine so they will be my main supply . Thanks for all the input.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom