Problematic Stem?

spiritwave7

This is my first grow, so I'm still learning.

The Dinamed CBD strain on the right looks to have a stem issue, but I am uncertain about that.

Do any of you see anything wrong there?

If so, what should I do about it?

I sincerely appreciate any help.

Just prop her up, a twist tie from bread, pencil with the twist tie, something, Not Tight just ta keep her strait, then scoop up the soil around her more or add some more

They look great

I don't have a twist tie, but I do have a plastic cable tie used in PCs to keep cables organized (noting I'm going to buy some plant ties for the future fwiw).

I straightened out a paper clip, and can use that instead of a pencil.

Then I can gently wrap the cable tie around the plant and the paper clip to keep it upright.

Would that work?

Thank you for the compliment.

Just about anything will work as long as you do not let it grow into the plant. Preferably no metal touching the soil though...

Nice start BTW.

Just about anything will work as long as you do not let it grow into the plant. Preferably no metal touching the soil though...

Nice start BTW.

Thank you.

I used the paper clip in the soil, but only briefly to gently prop up the plant. Once I added some soil, the plant naturally stood up straight, so I instantly removed the assisting brace (the paper clip was in the soil for about five minutes).

While I'm here though, what would the metal do to the soil?

I always want my grows to be as naturally pure as possible, so any information towards that goal is appreciated.

One reply in this thread suggested a pencil. Would there be a lead issue or such with that option?

Metal can impart metallic particles if left in the soil. Some metals can cause problems, but very unlikely. I just don't take chances. Many (beneficial) microbes do not like metal, and metal can have an antiseptic effect, and kill them.

Remember, this is all based on research, not actual testing. I'm just relaying what I've read and believe.

The lead in a pencil is graphite (pure carbon). It should have no effect on the plant or soil.

Back
Top Bottom