Problems finding the right pH of soil

Jwhat201

My plants keep dying please help.

I'm looking for a basic potting soil with a good ph for cannabis that you can buy at Walmart, home hardware stores like that.

I've only had success with pro mix veg and herb and miracle gro. Veg and herb is never here anymore, and miracle gro is Monsanto so I hate to buy it even though it grows good plants...

So yea, if anyone has found a common soil in Walmart or something good for cannabis please reply with the name/brand?

Please don't tell me to buy ph meters cause i
Can't do that right now, I'm just looking for a good soil that's easy to find. There gotta be some.

I noticed Scott's there, anyone use that?

Thanks in advance

My plants keep dying please help.

I'm looking for a basic potting soil with a good ph for cannabis that you can buy at Walmart, home hardware stores like that.

I've only had success with pro mix veg and herb and miracle gro. Veg and herb is never here anymore, and miracle gro is Monsanto so I hate to buy it even though it grows good plants...

So yea, if anyone has found a common soil in Walmart or something good for cannabis please reply with the name/brand?

Please don't tell me to buy ph meters cause i
Can't do that right now, I'm just looking for a good soil that's easy to find. There gotta be some.

I noticed Scott's there, anyone use that?

Thanks in advance

You want to do it easy, or hard? If you want to go easy, go again with the miracle grow. Forget the Monsanto thing for a bit, just think about you and your plant. MG will grow good plants and make it easy to get a good start. That is all your initial choice of soil is for really anyway, because most of us throw away our soil after we are done. We want it to get us a good solid start, so that later, when it is a little easier, we can start fertilizing a robustly growing plant, and then it really doesnt matter what soil it is in anyway.

If you want it hard, go with a good clean organic soil with no added nutrients in it, OMRI is the label you are looking for. You can kill seedlings and young plants in an organic soil that can be super hot at first and then nothing broken down in it for the plants for quite a while. If you go with a soil like this, you need to know what you are doing straight away, and you need to be ready to start hitting with nutes or organics from the get go. It can be pretty frustrating until you realize that organic doesn't necessarily mean "it grows better than Miracle Grow" because it won't... not without help.

My favorite soil depends on the method I am using to grow in. In my gardens there is no one soil. In my pot gardens I have a super (heavily amended) soil at the bottom, a nutrient rich middle area, and then a light living soil on the top. Out in the vegetable and flower garden, where I don't want to work as hard, I use a lot of Miracle Grow. Pick your tool, and use it correctly. There is nothing wrong with that tool being Miracle Grow... I grew a lot of quality marijuana using it. Just know that the miracle starts to run out around week 6, despite the claims on the pretty green and yellow bag.

Back
Top Bottom