problems making hash

pez4life

i took some kief iv been saving up for a while and ran through my screen to get all the leaves and stuff out and i followed the video on how to make hash in 10 min and the oven method and it never turned into the putty it just falls apart
any ideas?

i did for the correct time but it never changed, so i kept repeating the process cuz it never changed but the color did darken a bit and its a little sticky but thats all that changed
i have a space case the 3 sec aluminum grinder and that is the screen i sifted it through
would using kief from different types of bud effect the process?

i really wanted it to turn into a putty so i could stick it onto a toothpick and drink smoke from a glass
but it never worked so i packed it into a bowl

i did for the correct time but it never changed, so i kept repeating the process cuz it never changed but the color did darken a bit and its a little sticky but thats all that changed...

Sounds to me like the heat in the oven is degrading your hash. The darkening is a sign the keif has gotten too hot and the THC is effectively being vaporized at this point. Don't use the oven, plastic wrap, or any of that junk. The two safest and effective methods for quickly dry-pressing keif are...

1. Keif Press: Buy a Space Case Pollen press to go with your grinder. See this thread for tips on better use: bought a kief compactor.

2. Hand Press:

Wash and dry your hands throughly.

Create a pile of keif.

Rub your thumb into your palm to create friction and heat.

Pour the pile of keif onto the "hot spot" on your hand.

Press down with your thumb on top of the pile with as much force as you can and then rub the keif from side to side until it is formed.

You should end up with a skinny string of hash that you can then press into a tight compact ball. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom