Problems With My GG#4

Thread starter #1
I use the paper towel method for germination. Planted in Ocean Forest Fox Farm soil in solo cups but my GG#4's cotyledon isn't opening up fully. It has 2 very small primary leafs but just seems to me that not only the GG#4 but my AK-48's are not really taking off. Their in a dome under Nextlight Mega light about 4 feet away from top of dome, lots of air circulating, temps around 88 degrees, humidity about 80-90%.
Tried to upload pic but won't let me.
What can i do to get them to take off?

Troy01

I can't be certain but I have a feeling that your temperatures are too high. Ideally you should try to get your seedlings down to 80-85. I don't believe the high temperature will harm the plant too much but higher temperatures have a tendency to slow the growth.

I would try to lower the temperature - pull the dome off for a couple hours to help start hardening the plant. She should take off.

Thread starter #3
I can't be certain but I have a feeling that your temperatures are too high. Ideally you should try to get your seedlings down to 80-85. I don't believe the high temperature will harm the plant too much but higher temperatures have a tendency to slow the growth.

I would try to lower the temperature - pull the dome off for a couple hours to help start hardening the plant. She should take off.
Thanks for the help Troy01. I have been taking the dome off here and there. I will continue to do so. I'm hoping they take off soon. Attached is a pic of the seedlings. The arrow pointing to the one in most concerned about. Thanks again.

Troy01

What are you growing in. It looks really dry.

Also the plants are really stretching, I would drop your light a little at a time. You can judge the approx. distance by putting the back on your hand under the light at about 24 inches. If you don't feel intense heat that is probably a good distance.

I have my seedlings under 2 ea 600 watt led lights and have the lights at about 24 inches with no problems.

improvise

The one with arrow pointing to it will have a thin membrane stuck to it keeping the cotyledon closed this needs removing. I put a droplet of water on it so it sits there this softens the membrane which after hour or so slips off upwards, i use tooth pick to slide it off whilst gently holding the stem. regards

Troy01

The one with arrow pointing to it will have a thin membrane stuck to it keeping the cotyledon closed this needs removing. I put a droplet of water on it so it sits there this softens the membrane which after hour or so slips off upwards, i use tooth pick to slide it off whilst gently holding the stem. regards
Good diagnosis and emergency surgery! I had the same thing happen on one of my seedlings and also used tooth picks to help her shed her helmet.