Producing Feminized Seeds Using Colloidal Silver

Hi all,
My question is how much longer before flowers should start to open ?

I am attempting my first colloidal silver treatment and so far all looks good,the plant appears healthy.
The plant has been sprayed twice daily with store brought 30ppm colloidal silver,this is day 21 of treatment and well magnified.
cheers arther

Hi all,
My question is how much longer before flowers should start to open ?

I am attempting my first colloidal silver treatment and so far all looks good,the plant appears healthy.
The plant has been sprayed twice daily with store brought 30ppm colloidal silver,this is day 21 of treatment and well magnified.
cheers arther
Keep spraying until the pods look tight and ready to split their seams... what brand CS did you purchase? My best luck was with Silver Mountain.

Stop using the CS, it only takes 21 days of use those pods will open in the next 3-5 days is my guess. By the way you only needed to use the CS once a day, just before lights out as CS is light sensitive. Is your female plant ready to receive her blast of pollen...I found that for best results, once several of the pods open, take the CS bud and rub it against the receiving (female) bud.:thumb::goodjob:

No, if you clone your plant it is perfectly ok, as the plant with the CS is the plant that you don't want to save seeds from. So your will be good to go with cloning, here is how I would do it, take a clone and once its start to take off start the mother plant flowering and after 10 days, do the same with the clone and once you see hairs you can start spraying with CS for 21 days. When you spray do just before lights out (when I did mine I sprayed and immediately tuned the lights off). Have fun making femmed seeds!
thumb.gif

No, if you clone your plant it is perfectly ok, as the plant with the CS is the plant that you don't want to save seeds from. So your will be good to go with cloning, here is how I would do it, take a clone and once its start to take off start the mother plant flowering and after 10 days, do the same with the clone and once you see hairs you can start spraying with CS for 21 days. When you spray do just before lights out (when I did mine I sprayed and immediately tuned the lights off). Have fun making femmed seeds!
thumb.gif

Ok so to make fem pollen I need to spray cs on my fem plant but what I'm wondering is when should I start applying the cs? From ur previous post I'm gathering u start to apply the cs as soon as u see the hairs start to form n then do once a day at lights for about 3 weeks or till I see pollen sacks form. Now is that all the same for if u wanna create fem seeds from my autos?

I'm getting ready to do the same on some auto seeds. when the plant goes to flower start spray CS at lights out.
Then i will pop the rest of my seeds. Because they say the plant will slow down in grow with CS so about a month later thats when i will pop the rest of my seeds. Then by the time they go into flower the plant that was sprayed with CS should be ready with the pollen . I will take one of the plants and pollinate her. I hope that if all works out that the seeds will infact be auto seeds . Its expensive buying seeds now. If anyone has a better please let us know.:)

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread, especially Granny420!

This is my second attempt to produce feminized seeds. Everything works as advertised until I get to the point of harvesting pollen from the flowers. Last year, to pollinate, I just left the colloidal silver-treated clone next to several other, non-treated clones of different plants and strains. This is the way I pollinate using male plants, and I've never had any problems. But using the CS-treated female, only one of the other clones produced any seeds: twelve total, most of which were of marginal quality (but two of which did produce nice looking females which are almost ready to harvest as I type this.)

Flowers from my male plants are chock full of pollen--like the flowers Granny420 showed in her pictures--but last year's flowers from my CS-treated female, while they must have produced some pollen, did not produce enough for me to observe.

This year I decided to remove the flowers from the CS-treated plant and dry them, as Granny420 described about 20 pages ago. But none of the flowers show any sign of pollen. The approximately 30 flowers I harvested range from already open to still green and everywhere in between. I'm hoping someone might have a suggestion?

Last year's CS-treated female was pineapple express. This year's is psycho. Both were grown from store-bought, feminized seeds.

Thanks!

:welcome: :love::love::love::love::love:TorturedSoul:love::love::love::love::love:

Hi Honey! I researched how to produce feminized mj seeds - but am in no way an expert on the effects of colloidal silver on the body. In the research it strongly warned of consuming (smoking or ingestion) the treated plants and that is sure good enough for me. It IS produced specifically for ingestion as an oral supplement... but as Quixilvir said...

:thanks: Quixilvir Honey!!!!!

I hadn't even thought of the burnt fumes - great point! I just read not to, and trusted the sources had their reasons why!

:love::love::love::love::love:Quixilvir:love::love::love::love::love:

I'm so glad to have such wonderful company!!! I hope I don't make an ass outta myself and screw it all up!!! LOL! The first one I did just wasn't that hard... so hopefully if I try enough strains and plants, something's got to work right! :high-five:

I'll be back tomorrow to give some updates!

:circle-of-love:LUVIES TO ALL!!:circle-of-love:
Thank you for your input. I will reffer back to this info as I am just at thevery point of starting out.

Back
Top Bottom